Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Mar 9th 2013, 3:06 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Kidding, or is this for real? Miss Betty, you need to get out of the medic biz and do stand up. "Ladies and Gents, Hastings one and only medic with a funny bone. She'll have you in stitches..."
Its for real I promise! A nifty trick taught to me by some naughty nurses when I was an impoverish uni student lol!

I do get some weird looks though when I fish a tube out of my jeans pocket and top up a can of soft drink with some brown liquid and then drink it. Can't think why ........................ [/QUOTE]

WE WANT A BOOK, WE WANT A BOOK, WE WANT A BOOK !!!!!!!!! Did I tell you we want a book? lol It would be hysterical and I'm sure everyone here would buy one
Old Mar 9th 2013, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE
Its for real I promise! A nifty trick taught to me by some naughty nurses when I was an impoverish uni student lol! I do get some weird looks though when I fish a tube out of my jeans pocket and top up a can of soft drink with some brown liquid and then drink it. Can't think why ........................ [/QUOTE]

Funnily enough, this came across my pinterest today:
http://gadgetsin.com/papa-bert-winer...-your-papa.htm
Old Mar 9th 2013, 10:58 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Its for real I promise! A nifty trick taught to me by some naughty nurses when I was an impoverish uni student lol!

I do get some weird looks though when I fish a tube out of my jeans pocket and top up a can of soft drink with some brown liquid and then drink it. Can't think why ........................
WE WANT A BOOK, WE WANT A BOOK, WE WANT A BOOK !!!!!!!!! Did I tell you we want a book? lol It would be hysterical and I'm sure everyone here would buy one [/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha!!!! I'm working on it, I promise!
Old Mar 9th 2013, 11:04 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

WE WANT A BOOK, WE WANT A BOOK, WE WANT A BOOK !!!!!!!!! Did I tell you we want a book? lol It would be hysterical and I'm sure everyone here would buy one
Ha ha ha!!!! I'm working on it, I promise! [/QUOTE]

AWESOME ! Autographed copy please !
Old Mar 9th 2013, 11:07 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
[QUOTE
Its for real I promise! A nifty trick taught to me by some naughty nurses when I was an impoverish uni student lol! I do get some weird looks though when I fish a tube out of my jeans pocket and top up a can of soft drink with some brown liquid and then drink it. Can't think why ........................
http://gadgetsin.com/papa-bert-winer...-your-papa.htm[/QUOTE]

OMG that's fab - a bit more sophisticated than my version!

I may have to invest in one and 'upgrade' from 'Betty's Bar' to 'Betty's Bra'!!!!!!

Ooh Pinterest - I have just discovered it, how could I not know about it?!!! They had this fab lady (Christine Foussat if you're interested) who'd pinned a page full of Shabby Chic Paris apartments - was oohing and ahhing all morning and Googling furiously. Have already ordered a sample of wall paper for my bedroom and picked out a very cool (and cheap) Paris apartment to stay in when I next visit

Last edited by MissBetty; Mar 10th 2013 at 12:01 am.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

http://gadgetsin.com/papa-bert-winer...-your-papa.htm

I may have to invest in one and 'upgrade' from 'Betty's Bar' to Betty's Bra'!!!!!!

Ooh Pinterest - I have just discovered it, how could I not know about it?!!! They had this fab lady (Christine Foussat if you're interested) who'd pinned a page full of Shabby Chic Paris apartments - was oohing and ahhing all morning and Googling furiously. Have already ordered a sample of wall paper for my bedroom and picked out a very cool (and cheap) Paris apartment to stay in when I next visit [/QUOTE]

Adds a whole new perspective to the antique phrase "one .....barmaids apron" and thats probably the most diplomatic comment I can interject on this topic.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

[/QUOTE]

I may have to invest in one and 'upgrade' from 'Betty's Bar' to Betty's Bra'!!!!!!

Ooh Pinterest - I have just discovered it, how could I not know about it?!!! They had this fab lady (Christine Foussat if you're interested) who'd pinned a page full of Shabby Chic Paris apartments - was oohing and ahhing all morning and Googling furiously. Have already ordered a sample of wall paper for my bedroom and picked out a very cool (and cheap) Paris apartment to stay in when I next visit [/QUOTE]

Yes, I think you should get one, particularly if you would like to take advantage of the added benefit of "an admiring upper part of the body"

I will look into your pinterest suggestions. Isn't it just the coolest time-waster?
Old Mar 10th 2013, 12:25 am
Practical Paramedic

Yes, I think you should get one, particularly if you would like to take advantage of the added benefit of "an admiring upper part of the body"

I will look into your pinterest suggestions. Isn't it just the coolest time-waster?[/QUOTE]

Totally! I'm loving it - can spend hours on there immersed in Pinterest world - fab!

Yes the advertising was so slick wasn't it?!!! I particularly liked the line 'the bra can hold your favourite beverage such as 6.8 bottles of beer. Whenever you want to, insert the tube in your mouth, of course, you can also serve your boyfriend with it'!!

Forget all about 'Mars and Venus', romantic meals 'a deux' or even fancy undies -beer and boobs ladies is THE winning combination ha ha ha!!!
Old Mar 10th 2013, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I could never see the point in Pinterest. I thought it was a complete waste of time - that was until this last week when I found all the crochet patterns on it Now I understand the point of it a little better, I think. It's sort of Google Images on steroids. You find things by looking at pretty pictures

Last edited by windsong; Mar 10th 2013 at 12:31 am. Reason: Something seems to be wrong with the quoting feature
Old Mar 10th 2013, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

[/QUOTE]
Forget all about 'Mars and Venus', romantic meals 'a deux' or even fancy undies -beer and boobs ladies is THE winning combination ha ha ha!!! [/QUOTE]

Old Mar 10th 2013, 12:36 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by windsong
I could never see the point in Pinterest. I thought it was a complete waste of time - that was until this last week when I found all the crochet patterns on it Now I understand the point of it a little better, I think. It's sort of Google Images on steroids. You find things by looking at pretty pictures
Yes I know what you mean, I'd seen things on line with a tag that said 'pin it' but I just didn't get it?

Now I'm a convert! I've found some lovely things for my flat and I've really been inspired by some of the amazing rooms I've seen on there plus I found that fab apartment which I'm going to try and book soon!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

passthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud of

To Miss Betty,
I would like to place an order for your upcoming book which will be released with a free gift of "Miss Betty's Drinking Bra". Hopefully it can be used whilst teaching undergraduates, as I need something to stop me from strangling most of them. If not, then please forward it to
Head Psychiatrist
The Asylum
NZ

Thank You
Old Mar 11th 2013, 4:18 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by passthevalium
To Miss Betty,
I would like to place an order for your upcoming book which will be released with a free gift of "Miss Betty's Drinking Bra". Hopefully it can be used whilst teaching undergraduates, as I need something to stop me from strangling most of them. If not, then please forward it to
Head Psychiatrist
The Asylum
NZ

Thank You
Sounds like you'd need TWO !
Old Mar 11th 2013, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Changing the comments slightly I am going to post here since this is where I first posted the news. Handed my notice in today and while doing so we had an 'earthquake' here in So. CA. Now I have been known to move mountains, or at least climb them when not needed (take the hard route to a solution) but not sure whether this potentially bodes good or bad for me? The office building was doing a nice jelly impression! I've seen/felt them before but the timing was impeccable on this one!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 10:38 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikingsail
Changing the comments slightly I am going to post here since this is where I first posted the news. Handed my notice in today and while doing so we had an 'earthquake' here in So. CA. Now I have been known to move mountains, or at least climb them when not needed (take the hard route to a solution) but not sure whether this potentially bodes good or bad for me? The office building was doing a nice jelly impression! I've seen/felt them before but the timing was impeccable on this one!
I think "the earth moving for you" must be a good sign!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.