Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:23 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Sir Maurice if you please. Michael Caine asked to knighted as his real name is Maurice Micklethwaite in reference to his father who he was fond of.

Happy Birthday anyway. Him and his wife Shakira Caine seem like a lovely couple.
I stand (or in my case SIT) corrected. Apologies to Sir Maurice
His whole family is lovely. Shakira is gorgeous still and his two beautiful daughters.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:24 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lf1
OH is a big Michael Caine fan, so quite a few years ago, I gave him a copy of Michael's autobiography as a Christmas gift. On Christmas Day, I decided to open it up and I was hooked on the first paragraph. Needless to say, I read the book before he did and I will always remember Michael Caine's introduction to acting.
I read his book too..and had to laugh on the very first page he say's "What do you think of the book so far?" LOL
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I read his book too..and had to laugh on the very first page he say's "What do you think of the book so far?" LOL
OK, I have just put a hold on it in the library Speaking of which the OH, who is a big reader, says to me the other night about the UK, they do have libraries over there, don't they?
Old Mar 15th 2013, 12:45 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
OK, I have just put a hold on it in the library Speaking of which the OH, who is a big reader, says to me the other night about the UK, they do have libraries over there, don't they?
They do??? Wow !!! You learn something new every day..
Old Mar 15th 2013, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
They do??? Wow !!! You learn something new every day..
To which I said, of course they do. Didn't you see the fabulous one in Downton Abby?
Old Mar 15th 2013, 1:22 am
Yorkshire Lass

To which I said, of course they do. Didn't you see the fabulous one in Downton Abby?
That's what I call a library...lol
Old Mar 15th 2013, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

The Toe of Destiny! It's a sign, a sign!

Sorry about your toe, thanks for the laughs though. Get well soon!

Old Mar 15th 2013, 1:47 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happyglow
The Toe of Destiny! It's a sign, a sign!

Sorry about your toe, thanks for the laughs though. Get well soon!

Ha ha you're welcome - the Toe of Destiny that's brilliant (love that movie!)!! And do you know how I did it? Tripped on my pluggers (flip flops) - how very Australian!!!
Old Mar 15th 2013, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your trip but yes it makes good reading and must be a sign.

Guess you won't be wearing any of those Jimmy Choo's in the near future?
Old Mar 15th 2013, 2:20 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikingsail
Sorry to hear about your trip but yes it makes good reading and must be a sign.

Guess you won't be wearing any of those Jimmy Choo's in the near future?
I think it most definitely is a sign! All my Jimmy Choos are currently in my shipping container, I have nowhere to wear them here in Loony Town or the nearest large town Boganvillius anyway! All I have here is one pair of shoes, a pair of runners and 10 pairs of pluggers left! Probably a good job too as pluggers are all I'm able to wear atm - I'm on the mend though!!
Old Mar 15th 2013, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I read I believe an autobiography about Michael Caine and he recounted lovely story about one of his early auditions. There was script floating around town entitled "Bernie" (totally wrong but that's not the point). Anyway our wonderful Michael Caine turns up at the audition apparently having never read the script. Fear not that did not him back from trying to audition. When he was asked what the play was about he gave a wonderful story. He kept referring to this Bernie character and a grand story it was - he made this Bernie character sound marvellous. Sad thing was for Sir Michael - the Bernie character is only referred to once in story and was actually dead! Needless to say he didn't get the part. My version is not exact cos' read this like 10 years ago and always remember it and it makes me smile..
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:42 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know, he has written two bios. I read the first one "What's It All About". His second one "The Elephant to Hollywood" is sitting on the shelf beside me, but I can't bring myself to read it as I think I will be disappointed. I think the word Hollywood is putting me off as it is a place that holds absolutely no appeal to me. Daft, I know.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lf1
As far as I know, he has written two bios. I read the first one "What's It All About". His second one "The Elephant to Hollywood" is sitting on the shelf beside me, but I can't bring myself to read it as I think I will be disappointed. I think the word Hollywood is putting me off as it is a place that holds absolutely no appeal to me. Daft, I know.
I wanted to read the 1st, but alas my library only has the 2nd one. I had to check to make sure that that one was not just of his recent life. I was wary of the Hollywood reference too, but too interested in his early life to not give it a go.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

CALLING MISS BETTY, CALLING MISS BETTY, COME IN PLEASE!!!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:43 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

CALLING MISS BETTY, CALLING MISS BETTY, COME IN PLEASE!!!
Yeah, right on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.