Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Mar 8th 2013, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

passthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud of
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Don't forget their cousins Jimmy Gong, the bellringer and Jimmy Long the tallest man in China.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 5:44 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kampaicharger
Miss Betty...

Item 1: HMG wishes to advise that an "All Ports" warning message has been relased UK wide advising that a "person or persons of East London appearance" (wild eyed and ranting) may currently be at large within the community and as such should be approached with extreme caution.

Item 2: HMG further advises that after consultations with HMG' mum, that HMG is not a "naughty boy" (sic) but a "lovely young man" and that she would never send me to bed without my supper.

Item 3: HMG advises that HMG' grandmother was a 4 foot 6 Welsh villager who would spit on the floor at the mere mention of "the english" and would throw coal at passing stray dogs and cats.

Item 4: HMG advises that HMG' great grandmother was French and at the mention of the "the english" would mutter "merde!!!!!" repeatedly while spitting garlic juice on the floor (lotsa spitting on the female side of my family).

Despite this, HMG agrees that the aforementioned mothers, gradmothers and great grandmothers would get along famously and would probably all troop down to the local bingo hall whilst leaving the "young un's" to their own devises.

In closing, "keep yer 'ands off me kippers, thanks muchly"
Its a fair cop guv and in the spirit of 'entente cordiale' I acquiesce to your request to keep my grubby paws off your kippers
Old Mar 8th 2013, 8:13 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Betty,

As usual, it is a delight to read your posts. I now have this image of a paramedic, attending a call out, teetering on a pair of Jimmy Choo's

Enjoy your well deserved break!
Old Mar 8th 2013, 9:08 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Miss Betty,

As usual, it is a delight to read your posts. I now have this image of a paramedic, attending a call out, teetering on a pair of Jimmy Choo's

Enjoy your well deserved break!
Lol! If only, I can only dream - sigh! Makes me think of that ad, if Carlsberg made paramedic boots...........

I am really enjoying my days off, love house sitting, having a pool in this awful heat/humidity and just getting out of Loony Town. Today I met a friend for lunch at the beach, 15 min drive instead of the usual couple of hours - marvelous!

We had such a laugh, drinking a cold beer and chatting non stop for hours. He's one of our senior managers but I have known him for years, when he was fresh off the boat, (he's Sth African) sat next to me in class on our induction course and made me laugh every single day! I will miss him so much, he's like my evil twin, today he said me (looking very mournful) what am I going to do without you mate?! Such a funny, brilliant man and a loyal friend too, this is the hard part, leaving all my favourite people behind, gulp!

Hope you have a great weekend too, when are you planning to 'tread the boards' again?!!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Mar 8th 2013 at 9:19 am.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 1:18 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thank you all I have had a great laugh this morning reading these posts!
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:42 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

I'd also like to put in my thanks too.... I've roared with laughter so much reading the posts. This thread is my morning fix of laughter. I've laughed so much my sides hurt and believe me...I've raced to the loo so many times because I've laughed so hard, then I've come back, read some more and then off I race again....

If I keep this up I might need a catheter just to be on the safe side...lol
Old Mar 8th 2013, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

MissBetty, I wish you well with getting your possessions released. Our shipping company drove me up the freaking wall with their incompetence - for example, quote sent by email includes the words '40kg per box'. Empty boxes arrive covered in large letters saying '30kg per box max or we will spit in your shoes and give your favourite dress to the Salvos' (I may have paraphrased that). Cue much panic as not enough boxes to stick to 30kg. Sorted eventually (day before collection) but only after going via public facebook methods.

Then, they emailed us, apparently on a rota system, to say they'd lost various documents and needed them, like, yesterday, or the ship would sink/aliens would take our belongings/we would be banged up in a Thai jail. 8 boxes were delivered to OH's mum on Monday and he is going to get them tomorrow, so please keep everything crossed for us that they are the 8 boxes we despatched from Melbourne rather than 8 boxes selected at random, as I fear may be the case.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 3:42 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Just as a side issue and I don't know if this applies everywhere or if the circumstances where different, but a few years ago I had some of my belongings shipped back to Australia from the USA (about 16 boxes worth of stuff).

I filled out all the paperwork to cover customs etc etc, paid the money and off they went via ship, only to find that once they reached Australia I had to pay $1,200 to have them released. Customs and Quarantine had to inspect them, then there were other port charges and storage charges that they hadn't told me about.

So for anyone shipping their belongings to ANYWHERE, I'd double check to make sure the costs and charges they quote you cover EVERYTHING, even after arrival at their final destination. Just make sure that there are no nasty little surprises waiting at the other end.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 2:41 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by Almo
MissBetty, I wish you well with getting your possessions released. Our shipping company drove me up the freaking wall with their incompetence - for example, quote sent by email includes the words '40kg per box'. Empty boxes arrive covered in large letters saying '30kg per box max or we will spit in your shoes and give your favourite dress to the Salvos' (I may have paraphrased that). Cue much panic as not enough boxes to stick to 30kg. Sorted eventually (day before collection) but only after going via public facebook methods.

Then, they emailed us, apparently on a rota system, to say they'd lost various documents and needed them, like, yesterday, or the ship would sink/aliens would take our belongings/we would be banged up in a Thai jail. 8 boxes were delivered to OH's mum on Monday and he is going to get them tomorrow, so please keep everything crossed for us that they are the 8 boxes we despatched from Melbourne rather than 8 boxes selected at random, as I fear may be the case.
OMG that sounds like a right mare! I'm hoping everything will go smoothly, I used a company called Wridgways as so many people recommended them to me. They were great to deal with here so hoping there will be no major issues at the UK end. If there are I can always pop round to their office here and speak to them face to face, which I am SURE they would be just delighted about lol!

Hope everything goes ok for you re your boxes - let us know!!! Oh and if you DO find any spit in your shoes I'd be looking at HMG's Welsh grandmother verrrryyyy closely!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Mar 9th 2013 at 3:01 am.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 3:11 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Maybe 2 Weeks? Very high fever, hallucinations for the first week...
Loved your letter to customs. Now I dare you to send it
Oh wow, sounds nasty Mind you quite a few residents of Loony Town tend to be crazy, babbling and sweaty on a day to day basis so it may be hard for me to tell who actually has Dengue and who doesn't ha ha ha!!!!!
Old Mar 9th 2013, 3:20 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I'd also like to put in my thanks too.... I've roared with laughter so much reading the posts. This thread is my morning fix of laughter. I've laughed so much my sides hurt and believe me...I've raced to the loo so many times because I've laughed so hard, then I've come back, read some more and then off I race again....

If I keep this up I might need a catheter just to be on the safe side...lol
I have a few catheter bags spare if you're in need? Lol! I steal them from the hospital and then when I go to concerts and festivals I fill one up with alcohol and stuff it down the waistband of my jeans. I refuse to queue for 3 hours to pay 10GBP for a Jack and Coke in a plastic cup after shelling out a fortune for a ticket. If a security guard pats me down I just tell him or her that I have a 'bag' fitted and they may inspect it if they wish. This is always met with a horrified refusal

They come with their own tube and tap fitted to the bag too - so convenient - just grab a can of soft drink and top 'er up! I call it 'Betty's Bar' ha ha ha!!!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Mar 9th 2013 at 3:29 am.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Oh wow, sounds nasty Mind you quite a few residents of Loony Town tend to be crazy, babbling and sweaty on a day to day basis so it may be hard for me to tell who actually has Dengue and who doesn't ha ha ha!!!!!
Can't think why you are in such a bleeding hurry to leave these charming residents behind

I have a few catheter bags spare lol! I steal them from the hospital and then when I go to concerts and festivals I fill one up with alcohol and stuff it down the waistband of my jeans.
Kidding, or is this for real? Miss Betty, you need to get out of the medic biz and do stand up. "Ladies and Gents, Hastings one and only medic with a funny bone. She'll have you in stitches..."
Old Mar 9th 2013, 4:22 am
Yorkshire Lass

I have a few catheter bags spare if you're in need? Lol! I steal them from the hospital and then when I go to concerts and festivals I fill one up with alcohol and stuff it down the waistband of my jeans. I refuse to queue for 3 hours to pay 10GBP for a Jack and Coke in a plastic cup after shelling out a fortune for a ticket. If a security guard pats me down I just tell him or her that I have a 'bag' fitted and they may inspect it if they wish. This is always met with a horrified refusal

They come with their own tube and tap fitted to the bag too - so convenient - just grab a can of soft drink and top 'er up! I call it 'Betty's Bar' ha ha ha!!!!!
ROFLMAO. Excuse me ......I need to go to the loo again at this rate ill new a nappy lol
Old Mar 9th 2013, 7:50 am
Practical Paramedic

Kidding, or is this for real? Miss Betty, you need to get out of the medic biz and do stand up. "Ladies and Gents, Hastings one and only medic with a funny bone. She'll have you in stitches..."[/QUOTE]

Its for real I promise! A nifty trick taught to me by some naughty nurses when I was an impoverish uni student lol!

I do get some weird looks though when I fish a tube out of my jeans pocket and top up a can of soft drink with some brown liquid and then drink it. Can't think why ........................
Old Mar 9th 2013, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Its for real I promise! A nifty trick taught to me by some naughty nurses when I was an impoverish uni student lol!

I do get some weird looks though when I fish a tube out of my jeans pocket and top up a can of soft drink with some brown liquid and then drink it. Can't think why ........................
Then if that's the case, and you don't write that book, I will personally come to your house and force feed you a laptop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.