Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:01 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Brilliant !

Sorry about the loathsome creep you keep getting landed with as 'back up'. I realise you've already said your piece but you could have looked him in the eye and asked him, 'did my boss say it was affecting my work because you can take your concerns to my boss if you wish.' I think your response was better and to the point.

Regarding the 'twin brother' phone call here's an idea:

Tell people you live with a boxer. No one needs to know it's a dog ! (Unless you don't have that breed of dog in Aus, in which case, it's meaningless.)
Thanks mate, yeah he's just one of those miserable people who loves to cause trouble. Every workplace has one and subtlety just doesn't work with him! Normally I try to ignore him but I've just reached breaking point quite honestly - you never would have guessed would you?!!!

Maybe I should slip a few quid to the huge Maori bouncer on the door of my local here? Get him to go round to old mate's and 'have a word'?!!! Lol!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

I have every confidence you are going to deal with this individual in a polite but effective way
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:28 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikingsail
I have every confidence you are going to deal with this individual in a polite but effective way
Lol! Of course I did - see post about 5 back from this one - ahem!!!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

kampaicharger will become famous soon enough

Me dad used ta tell me: "It's better to remain silent and appear stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

But sometimes (when dealing with drongos) you can't remain silent, you have ta tell em to "sling their 'ook" (me dad again)

I feel for ya Miss Betty.....
Old Mar 5th 2013, 5:24 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by kampaicharger
Me dad used ta tell me: "It's better to remain silent and appear stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

But sometimes (when dealing with drongos) you can't remain silent, you have ta tell em to "sling their 'ook" (me dad again)

I feel for ya Miss Betty.....
Thanks mate. Just like you I'm on count down, 42 shifts to go! Deep breaths, deeeeeeepppppp breaths!!!!!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

passthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud of

Miss Betty, I always check into BE first thing and need my "fix" of your "Troppo" thread, and there isn't one today. Yikes, withdrawal. How are things today?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:03 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by passthevalium
Miss Betty, I always check into BE first thing and need my "fix" of your "Troppo" thread, and there isn't one today. Yikes, withdrawal. How are things today?
Ha ha ha! Well believe it or not its has been rather 'Q' the past 24 hours - cant say the actual word of course - all hell would surely break loose!

Still that is all likely to change soon enough, the calm before the storm - literally in this case as there are reports of a tropical cyclone heading towards us as I type - yikes! Also there has been an outbreak of dengue fever in town so instead of my usual expensive French perfume I now spend my days smelling of Eau de Aerogard - marvelous!

33 hours left on duty and hoping to get outta town before the TC (potentially) hits. I'm off to the Gold Coast for a few days of surfing and catching up with my buddies. Gay Boss is on holidays so the whole damn town can blow away for all I care!
Old Mar 6th 2013, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

passthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud of

Thanks for the update. Hope you have a great break, just don't forget to keep us all updated. "Troppo thread" is like a warm blanket on a cold night. Crikey I need to get out more.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by passthevalium
Thanks for the update. Hope you have a great break, just don't forget to keep us all updated. "Troppo thread" is like a warm blanket on a cold night. Crikey I need to get out more.
Here's how bad it can really get - I watch Prime Minister's Questions on TV, just so I can hear politicians arguing about something that REALLY matters Without Miss Betty's updates, who knows what else I may get myself into
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Ha ha ha! Well believe it or not its has been rather 'Q' the past 24 hours - cant say the actual word of course - all hell would surely break loose!

Still that is all likely to change soon enough, the calm before the storm - literally in this case as there are reports of a tropical cyclone heading towards us as I type - yikes! Also there has been an outbreak of dengue fever in town so instead of my usual expensive French perfume I now spend my days smelling of Eau de Aerogard - marvelous!

33 hours left on duty and hoping to get outta town before the TC (potentially) hits. I'm off to the Gold Coast for a few days of surfing and catching up with my buddies. Gay Boss is on holidays so the whole damn town can blow away for all I care!
OMG, I caught dengue fever when I lived in Jamaica Stay safe and have a great vaca! Don't forget about us while you are gone
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Here's how bad it can really get - I watch Prime Minister's Questions on TV, just so I can hear politicians arguing about something that REALLY matters Without Miss Betty's updates, who knows what else I may get myself into
I had to stop watching that stuff, I love my nice flat screen tv too much and began to fear for its well-being. Instructed hubby to nail my slippers and all other readily available projectiles firmly to the floor. Dad & I have a daily rant about politics on both sides of the Atlantic these days, it seems to help get the hostilities out of my system.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by curleytops
I had to stop watching that stuff, I love my nice flat screen tv too much and began to fear for its well-being. Instructed hubby to nail my slippers and all other readily available projectiles firmly to the floor. Dad & I have a daily rant about politics on both sides of the Atlantic these days, it seems to help get the hostilities out of my system.
We have SUCH an ineffective congress here in the USA. We were treated to an 11 hour filibusterer (basically a one person rant to try to block a vote), so that as usual nothing got done. I am sure there will be plenty of frustrations over the other side of the pond, but tell me it won't be this bad
Old Mar 7th 2013, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
You have reminded me of when I cared for my mum who suffered from Alzheimers. She thought the people in the TV were real and should not have been in the house, so she challenged them with her walking stick. It was very upsetting for me, she refused to believe they were just pictures in a box. Each time I feared for the TV screen and had to switch it off. Family members who are carers need as much support as possible, the stress can be overwhelming.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Aries totally agree with you on support for caregivers.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:22 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by aries
You have reminded me of when I cared for my mum who suffered from Alzheimers. She thought the people in the TV were real and should not have been in the house, so she challenged them with her walking stick. It was very upsetting for me, she refused to believe they were just pictures in a box. Each time I feared for the TV screen and had to switch it off. Family members who are carers need as much support as possible, the stress can be overwhelming.
I think people who are caregivers are the unsung heroes in our world. It never fails to amaze me how many people are out there caring for parents, partners, children and, in some sad cases, quite young children caring for their parents with very little support.

I'm a firm believer in respite care and I always suggest it to caregivers. Caring for some one 24/7 is a bloody tough job and you deserve a break, in fact its a necessity to recharge your batteries and care for yourself for a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.