Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:45 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by Naishy
Yeah, good idea I reckon on your part, You've got somewhere to go back to & it's your own space. A place to sit in peace, reflect & plan your next moves. Once you've got that down you can put the house up for sale & move fon from there, it sounds like it would sell pretty quickly, unless you had it priced too low. lol
Yep, agreed things don't always go quite as we had planned but that's life & they do say these things happen for a reason, if it ain't meant to be it just ain't meant to be. Sometimes they are the hardest things to accept, most often in relationships but we move on & often its for the best.
My move, it just feels like it's time, it wasn't planned like this, it's just happening like this. I was looking at making the move within the next 5 years but a situation arose that makes now feel right. I'm excited to be writing a new Chapter. It's great to be going back to a job that's for sure. It's actually down in Bognor not a million miles from Hastings, though like Pistolpete pointed out the traffic situation over there could make it feel like a million miles! Measuring up what I want to take & want to sell to see what are my best options on shipping probably a container. Any suggestions? as I'm new to this is there anywhere on this site regards shipping?
Good old Bognor! I love the Butlins there, they do these awesome theme nights went for a mate's birthday and it was fab ha ha ha! Um shipping, well they are several threads on here re moving from the USA I think? You could try a search but if that doesn't work for you just start up a thread on here, lots of people will help you out I am sure.

Good luck with your new chapter and keep us posted!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Feb 19th 2013 at 8:53 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:53 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Where are you Miss Betty? We have missed you these last couple of days. Hope everything is OK.
Hey PHS, yes I'm still here, just having a mare of a week - seriously lol!

Got assaulted on Sat by a horrible drunk girl and then got assaulted again yesterday by a drunk, psych patient who attacked myself and a police officer after slashing her wrists.

We finally managed to restrain her, cuff her and call for urgent back up but she got a bloody good kick in first damn it! I'm very bruised and limping a bit but I'm ok, think it just caught me by surprise being roundhouse kicked, covered in blood, spat at and being called a c*** at 8 in the morning - how rude lol!!!!

The best bit? They're not pressing charges because the police have told me "it won't go anywhere" and the funny thing is I don't even care, so over it!

Roll on Friday!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Feb 19th 2013 at 9:05 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:06 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty

Got assaulted on Sat by a horrible drunk girl and then got assaulted again yesterday by a drunk, psych patient who attacked myself and a police officer after slashing her wrists.

We finally managed to restrain her, cuff her and call for urgent back up but she got a bloody good kick in first damn it! I'm very bruised and limping a bit but I'm ok, think it just caught me by surprised being roundhouse kicked, covered in blood, spat at at being called a c*** at 8 in the morning - how rude lol!!!!

The best bit? They're not pressing charges because the police have told me "it won't go anywhere" and the funny thing is I don't even care, so over it!

Roll on Friday!!!
OMG! I have such admiration for you and the job that you do, all the while maintaining your sense of humour. February will soon be over and you are getting closer to your moving date. I wish we could have a big party for your arrival.

Last edited by lf1; Feb 19th 2013 at 10:43 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
OMG! I have such admiration for you and the job that you do, all while maintaining your sense of humour. February will soon be over and you are getting closer to your moving date. I wish we could have a big party for your arrival.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:51 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
A virtual party needs to be organised. First song, "Get the Party Started"
The Shirley Bassey version or I'm not playing.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

We finally managed to restrain her, cuff her and call for urgent back up but she got a bloody good kick in first damn it! I'm very bruised and limping a bit but I'm ok, think it just caught me by surprise being roundhouse kicked, covered in blood, spat at and being called a c*** at 8 in the morning - how rude lol!!!!

Roll on Friday!!!
Oh no!!! You need "danger money" for that job!!!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Whens the party??!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
A virtual party needs to be organised. First song, "Get the Party Started"
The Shirley Bassey version or I'm not playing.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:43 am
Practical Paramedic

I'm in for sure, I LOVE to par-tay ha ha ha!!!

I want to be the drunk girl doing embarrassing dancing at the end of the night, punching the air and singing "I Will Survive!" by Gloria Gaynor lol!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

I want to be the drunk girl doing embarrassing dancing at the end of the night, punching the air and singing "I Will Survive!" by Gloria Gaynor lol!
Stop...it we don't do this for real I will pout for weeks. Of course, you have to give me 3-4 more years to catch up with you guys and actually get over there
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Sandra1 will become famous soon enough

Methinks it may have something to do with the very big decision you have made. It can affect the emotions and create mood swings galore. I know from personal experience, that sometimes I think I need to take immediate actions so that I don't have to go through the emotional turmoil. So beware and just allow yourself all the emotions and craziness that you're going through. Big hugs.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

I have a spare lampshade that will look just lovely on you when you take to the table er stage
Old Feb 21st 2013, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear your in much better spirits. I know 'I will Survive' is the traditional mantra but I think this is a better choice for end of the night dancing:

http://youtu.be/geC2gHZ6m2g
Old Feb 21st 2013, 2:19 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by Sandra1
Methinks it may have something to do with the very big decision you have made. It can affect the emotions and create mood swings galore. I know from personal experience, that sometimes I think I need to take immediate actions so that I don't have to go through the emotional turmoil. So beware and just allow yourself all the emotions and craziness that you're going through. Big hugs.
Thanks Sandra, I guess I'm just itching to get on with my life, I just don't really have one here

I last had a night out in October, I organised it all, and it was great fun but I find my Aussie girlfriends put their men first and they are not all that interested in doing girlie stuff lol! My Pommy mates are always up for a laugh, a night out, weekend away etc and are happy to leave the 'old man' at home! This is just my personal experience though so please don't take offence anyone

I'm back in the UK last week of May and my first weekend I am off to Amsterdam with my mates, the following week I'm off to see the 'Kings of Leon' with a friend, then I'm on a course for 4 weeks. I've then got a two week 'window' when I'm going on a holiday (prob Ayia Napa or Ibiza) with my best friend and I've just got tickets to a music festival with another friend at the end of July.

That's what my life was like before I came here, it was great, I loved it and I want it back!!!!!!

Thanks for your post, great advice and you are right - the emotional turmoil is awful!!!!
Old Feb 21st 2013, 2:21 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by curleytops
I have a spare lampshade that will look just lovely on you when you take to the table er stage
Excellent! I do like to entertain - lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.