Wikiposts

So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Mar 12th 2005, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Not fair

I've never scuba dived in my life!!!!!

I think lynnlovessun will do for now - scuba lynn dosen't really have a ring to it

Lynn
Yes it does

one of the best giggles I have had in ages!

how about going to get a long stand!! (another one for the naive young students)
Old Mar 12th 2005, 10:25 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jacs
Yes it does

one of the best giggles I have had in ages!

how about going to get a long stand!! (another one for the naive young students)
I thought you were on my side!!!???

I am not going to comment on anything today for fear of repeating my blondness

Glad i've cheered all the nurses up! We are all needing something to keep up going, this waiting is killing me

Lynn
Old Mar 12th 2005, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

I thought you were on my side!!!???

I am not going to comment on anything today for fear of repeating my blondness

Glad i've cheered all the nurses up! We are all needing something to keep up going, this waiting is killing me

Lynn
Lynn, I have the forms for the police checks, and I will put them in with my visa application when done. How long do the police checks take?
Old Mar 12th 2005, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Lynn, I have the forms for the police checks, and I will put them in with my visa application when done. How long do the police checks take?
paul,ours took 10days! they are allowed to take 40days, mine was posted on the monday and i got mine the following monday! hubbys was 10days, he obviously looks well dodgy!
Old Mar 13th 2005, 12:20 am

Yeah our were around the same as Trish - I had to get a Scottish record check done as well as the national check (us Scots just have to be different ) But as Trish says the forms do say could take up to 40 days :scared: . I handed ours into the police HQ that they are processed in in glasgow and I think that speeded it up although the National check took slightly longer. All done for 10 pound though each (and if anyones from Scotland you also tick the box for a national check to be carried out too). I enclosed the original letters in with my visa application (cheap to replace if they are lost)

Lynn
Old Mar 13th 2005, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Thanx folks, might hand the forms in within the next couple of weeks.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 4:28 am

Thanx folks, might hand the forms in within the next couple of weeks.
I would just get the police forms in now - the certificates you get won't expire in the immediate future. Your ANMC skills assessment will probably be much quicker than you think!

Are you going to frontload meds? Have you got everything else ready for your visa application - if you have then the form will only take you one long boring afternoon of filling out, but boy it feels good when its all done, put together and sitting in a big brown envelope!!!
Old Mar 13th 2005, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone

Still waiting!!!! Visa application has said finalized for 8 days and have not heard anything.
really fed up with everyone asking us when we are going, just want to scream :scared:

Will check again tomorrow and let you all know.

Good luck trish with your exam, keep swatting!!

Di
Old Mar 13th 2005, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Hi everyone

Still waiting!!!! Visa application has said finalized for 8 days and have not heard anything.
really fed up with everyone asking us when we are going, just want to scream :scared:

Will check again tomorrow and let you all know.

Good luck trish with your exam, keep swatting!!

Di

thanks di, really appreciate it.
im all swatted out i think
hope you hear good news soon, keep us posted.

Trish
Old Mar 13th 2005, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

I would just get the police forms in now - the certificates you get won't expire in the immediate future. Your ANMC skills assessment will probably be much quicker than you think!

Are you going to frontload meds? Have you got everything else ready for your visa application - if you have then the form will only take you one long boring afternoon of filling out, but boy it feels good when its all done, put together and sitting in a big brown envelope!!!
Lynn (Scuba nurse)

I planned on arranging for our medicals as soon as I have sent off the visa appication, so maybe get them done 2 weeks or so after, so I may have a case number to put on them (like you). Might send the police checks this week.
For your modified assessment, did you send it by courier and if so, how much?
Is it this or the visa that you cant staple or put in a folder?

Paul
Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:48 pm

Lynn (Scuba nurse)

I planned on arranging for our medicals as soon as I have sent off the visa appication, so maybe get them done 2 weeks or so after, so I may have a case number to put on them (like you). Might send the police checks this week.
For your modified assessment, did you send it by courier and if so, how much?
Is it this or the visa that you cant staple or put in a folder?

Paul
Yes sent DHL for 46 pound - but don't mind paying for piece of mind.

No folders or staples for DIMIA - seems really weird just putting a loose bundle in an envelope but thats what they ask for.

Lynn
Old Mar 14th 2005, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Thats it done. Modified skills assessment sent to ANMC, by UPS this afternoon, £37.53, by the way. Its such a bloody stress, worrying that you have all the correct documents completed correctly. What will I be like for the visa application.

Speaking of which.....question 1:
For a 136 visa, do I show proof of English by a certified copy of my English 'O' level certificate?

Also, does the wife need to show proof of English, even though I am the main applicant. If she does, what will count as proof of English. (She has CSEs but lost certificates).

I will save my other 3647 questions for another day

Thanx
Paul
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:03 am

Thats it done. Modified skills assessment sent to ANMC, by UPS this afternoon, £37.53, by the way. Its such a bloody stress, worrying that you have all the correct documents completed correctly. What will I be like for the visa application.

Speaking of which.....question 1:
For a 136 visa, do I show proof of English by a certified copy of my English 'O' level certificate?

Also, does the wife need to show proof of English, even though I am the main applicant. If she does, what will count as proof of English. (She has CSEs but lost certificates).

I will save my other 3647 questions for another day

Thanx
Paul
The way I read it somewhere was that evidence of university study in the UK would be sufficient - my academic transcript was enclosed so assume this will b enough - you can hardly complete study in this country and not speak english! I'm sure if they are looking for something different they will request it.

Thats great your ANMC stuffs away - will you be tracking and tracing?!

Lynn
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:05 am

On another note I have sent a very brief e-mail to ASPC asking them to confirm if meds recieved ok - explained that Dr did not use a courier despite saying she would and that I had no way of tracking them - was very polite so hope I don't upset anybody there.
Will let you know if I hear anything back,
Lynn
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

The way I read it somewhere was that evidence of university study in the UK would be sufficient - my academic transcript was enclosed so assume this will b enough - you can hardly complete study in this country and not speak english! I'm sure if they are looking for something different they will request it.

Thats great your ANMC stuffs away - will you be tracking and tracing?!

Lynn
lynn, the way i understood the garb they put on the forms, its mainly if you arent of english origin, as otherwise its obvious as you say by your education etc that you speak english. but could be wrong.....mind has gone awol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.