Wikiposts

So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Mar 11th 2005, 5:34 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by jimtrish
just wanted to say hello, before my head explodes with all this revision :scared: dont tell me off lynn!
Hows it going Trish - are you feeling ready for the exam now? I'm sure you will be fine - promise i will send you some karma on Wednesday, if I give you it now it won't let me then

How soon can you start applying when you pass the exam. What route are you going? Where are you hoping to move to?

Lynn
Old Mar 11th 2005, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hows it going Trish - are you feeling ready for the exam now? I'm sure you will be fine - promise i will send you some karma on Wednesday, if I give you it now it won't let me then

How soon can you start applying when you pass the exam. What route are you going? Where are you hoping to move to?

Lynn

hi lynn,

dont think i or anyone on the course will ever feel ready for the exam, but just want it over now. as soon as we get the results on 8th april, i will have to stay up til late and ring townsville hosp and they will start the rsms visa right away, hope to go end of august.
we are off to townsville, north queensland, ive got a job there (providing i pass) on the scbu unit, where are you off to and when?

Trish
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:31 pm

hi lynn,

dont think i or anyone on the course will ever feel ready for the exam, but just want it over now. as soon as we get the results on 8th april, i will have to stay up til late and ring townsville hosp and they will start the rsms visa right away, hope to go end of august.
we are off to townsville, north queensland, ive got a job there (providing i pass) on the scbu unit, where are you off to and when?

Trish
The Scuba unit sounds fantastic (at least I think thats what you mean!) - do you have experience in dealing with scuba casualties? We are hoping to move to the Sunshine coast (probably no more than an hour to Brisbane because of my husbands occupation) in November this year (providing the visa is all granted in time). Is the RSMS a skills matching visa? That saves you having to work for 12 months 1st dosen't it? Sounds perfect.
It must be really hard for you if you feel everything is resting on this exam and not wanting to do anything solid until you know where you stand.

I am not wanting to tempt fate just in case we don't get our visa's and i've made some terrible error with the paperwork or something

Best of luck again Trish,
Lynn
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:36 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

The Scuba unit sounds fantastic (at least I think thats what you mean!) - do you have experience in dealing with scuba casualties? We are hoping to move to the Sunshine coast (probably no more than an hour to Brisbane because of my husbands occupation) in November this year (providing the visa is all granted in time). Is the RSMS a skills matching visa? That saves you having to work for 12 months 1st dosen't it? Sounds perfect.
It must be really hard for you if you feel everything is resting on this exam and not wanting to do anything solid until you know where you stand.

I am not wanting to tempt fate just in case we don't get our visa's and i've made some terrible error with the paperwork or something

Best of luck again Trish,
Lynn
I think that may well be Special Care Baby Unit Lynn.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by DIMO8
I think that may well be Special Care Baby Unit Lynn.
PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scuba sounded right in Townsville!!!!!!!!!

Think I might be having a blonde day again

Well Trish, the SCBU sounds great too!!!! I bloody hate nursing/ medical abbreviations they cause so much confusion

Lynn (crawling back under a rock!)
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:43 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scuba sounded right in Townsville!!!!!!!!!

Think I might be having a blonde day again

Well Trish, the SCBU sounds great too!!!! I bloody hate nursing/ medical abbreviations they cause so much confusion

Lynn (crawling back under a rock!)
I know if job isnt hard enough we have all the abbreviations to remember too

CRP

CPR

TOE

CABG

ETA

FBC

ECHO

and the hundreds more gets me confused too.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:47 pm

I know if job isnt hard enough we have all the abbreviations to remember too

CRP

CPR

TOE

CABG

ETA

FBC

ECHO

and the hundreds more gets me confused too.
I mean ICU, I can just about handle but SCBU I had never heard of so though trish might of hit a wrong key on the keyboard and I came up with Scuba!!!!! Not even sure there is such a thing!!? Thought it was for folks with the bends and stuff

Thanks for the insight Donna
p.s is that photo/avatar really you!!!???
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:56 pm

I mean ICU, I can just about handle but SCBU I had never heard of so though trish might of hit a wrong key on the keyboard and I came up with Scuba!!!!! Not even sure there is such a thing!!? Thought it was for folks with the bends and stuff

Thanks for the insight Donna
p.s is that photo/avatar really you!!!???

God i wish.........it is Madonna and my name is Donna and i am mad so i suppose it could be me
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:58 pm

The only reason i have heard of SCBU is because we have one at the hospital i work at.....as far as i am aware they dont ventilate the babies i may be wrong there though...Trish will have to fill us in
Old Mar 11th 2005, 9:00 pm

God i wish.........it is Madonna and my name is Donna and i am mad so i suppose it could be me
That photo dosen't look like Madonna does it?! Its a very cool avatar though!

Lynn
Old Mar 11th 2005, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Well Lynn you certainly gave me a good laugh to start my day. SCUBA indeed. Even a mental nurse like me got that one.
Sorry, shouldnt take the mickey..........but are you blonde

I agree, doesnt look like Madonnna, looks OK to me though!

Trish, best of luck with your exam, Im sure you will look back and wonder why you were so worried. Think positive
Old Mar 11th 2005, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

what a brilliant way to start the day, ive been sat here giggling my little socks off
definitely not scuba lynn, cant scuba dive yet...very claustrophobic! but i am a neonatal nurse, so will be on the special care baby unit.
sorry, you just think people know the abbreviations where you work, my hairdresser calls it the scooby unit
the rsms lynn, is where you go to a regional area, you have to work for them for 2 yrs,as i would be classed as a newly qualified nurse although ive been qualified since 1990, its a good option as i dont need to wait for 12 months. its a pr visa, when the 2yrs are up you can go wherever you like and even become a scuba nurse...
Thankyou for all your kind words, really appreciate it.
will let you know how it went, but remember, on wednesday at 2pm, cross your fingers, thumbs, legs etc etc for me!! :scared:
Old Mar 11th 2005, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

The only reason i have heard of SCBU is because we have one at the hospital i work at.....as far as i am aware they dont ventilate the babies i may be wrong there though...Trish will have to fill us in
our unit and most, have 2 areas, but most go under the name of special care baby unit or neonatal unit, and we do ventilate, infact i dont know any units that dont. They dont tend to on paeds (kids to you lynn )we tend to get those as the nurses dont have the experience.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Post just arrived and guess what. Practicing licence came. Im pleased, but cant do anything till next week. Might have to get the wife to go to the solicitors, busy at work you know.

SCUBA.......ha ha ha ha
Old Mar 11th 2005, 9:33 pm

our unit and most, have 2 areas, but most go under the name of special care baby unit or neonatal unit, and we do ventilate, infact i dont know any units that dont. They dont tend to on paeds (kids to you lynn )we tend to get those as the nurses dont have the experience.

Within our hospital, they will ventilate for 24 hours if emergency and then they are tx to neonates at Alder hey in Liverpool. I always thought SCBU was a baby HDU?

I work adults ITU....i really couldn't work with kids too upsetting, especially having my own too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.