Wikiposts

So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Hi all,

The waiting is the hardest part I feel. We posted in the NEw Year and have heard diddly squat.
Joanne, I sympathise with the frustration you are suffering. We felt like that when wifey applied for her nursing assessment in South Australia. I am convinced that those who work in DIMIA at the Adelaide office have a VERY laid back approach to work and look at a maximum of two pieces of paper a day - one in the mornig and one in the afternoon. And one of those pieces is probably what they use to wipe their a**e.

(Apologies if I offend anyone - not in a good mood today!)

Rich
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:52 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulb
......and I'm still waiting for my NSW registration.
Oh my god now i'm really depressed!!!! What the hell is going on Paul!!? Why is your reg taking so long?

Lynn
Old Feb 21st 2005, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Oh my god now i'm really depressed!!!! What the hell is going on Paul!!? Why is your reg taking so long?

Lynn
Had a letter saying my application is going in front of the board due to my disclosure of criminal convictions, which were alcohol related scrapes from 15+ years ago. Hopefully it will be ok.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RAG62
Hi all,

The waiting is the hardest part I feel. We posted in the NEw Year and have heard diddly squat.
Joanne, I sympathise with the frustration you are suffering. We felt like that when wifey applied for her nursing assessment in South Australia. I am convinced that those who work in DIMIA at the Adelaide office have a VERY laid back approach to work and look at a maximum of two pieces of paper a day - one in the mornig and one in the afternoon. And one of those pieces is probably what they use to wipe their a**e.

(Apologies if I offend anyone - not in a good mood today!)

Rich
Hi Rich
Thanks for the sympathy. The waiting is definitely the hardest part of all. I could scream the house down sometimes!!!!!!!!! well all the flaming time really. I really am going mad in this back bloody bedroom of my mothers. My teenager is now moaning at me that we haven't heard anything as she wants to have a leaving party. I am getting embarassed now when I bump into people I know at the supermarket as they keep saying "are you still here" "thought you would be gone by now" or worse still "have you changed your mind" aaarrrggghhh. I can't take it anymore. Have I bloody hell as like - I can't wait to get out of this prison.
I thought they were desperate for nurses out there?
Rant over
Have you frontloaded? Or are you waiting for med requests because I have seen a few who sent there visa applications off beginning of Dec and they still haven't had med requests? Not meaning to put you in an even worse mood. I read somewhere that there was a backlog from December - not sure how true it is.
Hope you are feeling better tomorrow - I definitely won't be unless I get the magic e-mail.
Joanne
Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Hi Rich
Thanks for the sympathy. The waiting is definitely the hardest part of all. I could scream the house down sometimes!!!!!!!!! well all the flaming time really. I really am going mad in this back bloody bedroom of my mothers. My teenager is now moaning at me that we haven't heard anything as she wants to have a leaving party. I am getting embarassed now when I bump into people I know at the supermarket as they keep saying "are you still here" "thought you would be gone by now" or worse still "have you changed your mind" aaarrrggghhh. I can't take it anymore. Have I bloody hell as like - I can't wait to get out of this prison.
I thought they were desperate for nurses out there?
Rant over
Have you frontloaded? Or are you waiting for med requests because I have seen a few who sent there visa applications off beginning of Dec and they still haven't had med requests? Not meaning to put you in an even worse mood. I read somewhere that there was a backlog from December - not sure how true it is.
Hope you are feeling better tomorrow - I definitely won't be unless I get the magic e-mail.
Joanne
In the same boat!! although we only sent our visa application early feb, had medicals on the 12th and they got sent courier today, not having anything to do is driving me mad, at least i had forms to panic over, and our waiting has only just started

We are staying at my parents also in the back bedroom, me hubby and daughter I have managed to escape for two weeks while i do a live in for a family friend for two weeks, only two deaf residents for company
My family have told everyone our plans so we are constantly questioned, Hubby's parents in London dont talk about it at all, infact they dont talk to us at all which i suppose is'nt that bad!!!!!!!!

Di
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulb
......and I'm still waiting for my NSW registration.
Am in similar boat. I sent stuff for QNC reg sometime around 10th Jan. Money debited 9th Feb and still no word....
It may not seem long but I had previously waited 10 weeks to get transcripts from the university.
I am thinking I'm so glad we have our medicals booked for next week, if we left it any longer we would both have stomach ulcers from the stress of this 'waiting game'.
I think they should let us all in on the basis of our perseverance if nothing else!
The hospital said they sent in the sponsorship app electronically to Brisbane yesterday. So hopefully that won't take forever. I am hopeful that electronic stuff may get through the system a bit quicker.........I am ever the optomist!!
Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by harveyhare
In the same boat!! although we only sent our visa application early feb, had medicals on the 12th and they got sent courier today, not having anything to do is driving me mad, at least i had forms to panic over, and our waiting has only just started

We are staying at my parents also in the back bedroom, me hubby and daughter I have managed to escape for two weeks while i do a live in for a family friend for two weeks, only two deaf residents for company
My family have told everyone our plans so we are constantly questioned, Hubby's parents in London dont talk about it at all, infact they dont talk to us at all which i suppose is'nt that bad!!!!!!!!

Di
Di We are at about the same stage then - my application arrived on 3rd Feb with DIMIA and my meds followed a week or so later - although have no idea if they have arrived safely as the DR sent them by 'international signed for' Don't want to hassle DIMIA by e-mailing - I do have a case file number - does anyone think I should e-mail?

Now just a waiting game - I was very lucky as everything has gone very quickly for me - my reg and skills assessements were very fast and I was impressed with DIMIA as I got a prompt confirmation e-mail the day my cc was debited - its not even been a month yet so i'm ok and happy with everything so far.

Lynn
Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
Am in similar boat. I sent stuff for QNC reg sometime around 10th Jan. Money debited 9th Feb and still no word....
It may not seem long but I had previously waited 10 weeks to get transcripts from the university.
I am thinking I'm so glad we have our medicals booked for next week, if we left it any longer we would both have stomach ulcers from the stress of this 'waiting game'.
I think they should let us all in on the basis of our perseverance if nothing else!
The hospital said they sent in the sponsorship app electronically to Brisbane yesterday. So hopefully that won't take forever. I am hopeful that electronic stuff may get through the system a bit quicker.........I am ever the optomist!!
Are you applying for 457 sponsored or PR?
I hope you hear something soon from QNC - it seems very unusual as I got my reg very quick - maybe you should e-mail them?

Lynn
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Di We are at about the same stage then - my application arrived on 3rd Feb with DIMIA and my meds followed a week or so later - although have no idea if they have arrived safely as the DR sent them by 'international signed for' Don't want to hassle DIMIA by e-mailing - I do have a case file number - does anyone think I should e-mail?

Now just a waiting game - I was very lucky as everything has gone very quickly for me - my reg and skills assessements were very fast and I was impressed with DIMIA as I got a prompt confirmation e-mail the day my cc was debited - its not even been a month yet so i'm ok and happy with everything so far.

Lynn
Hi Lynn

Going on 457 visa,
Medicals on the 12th but had to wait a week for the blood tests,
The courier pick up medicals yesterday and so we are doing the exciting Track and Trace!! Will post on another thread so those who are interested in the time factor can see how long it takes.

Di
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

Are you applying for 457 sponsored or PR?
I hope you hear something soon from QNC - it seems very unusual as I got my reg very quick - maybe you should e-mail them?

Lynn
Think you're right, I'll email them today.
Thanks for advise
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Joanne
Hi Joanne,
We have not front-loaded but am now contemplating whether to get meds booked before we get the medical request. I would like to be in Aus some time this year.
Richard
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Hi Lynn

Going on 457 visa,
Medicals on the 12th but had to wait a week for the blood tests,
The courier pick up medicals yesterday and so we are doing the exciting Track and Trace!! Will post on another thread so those who are interested in the time factor can see how long it takes.

Di
Have never heard of 'track and trace'?? How does it work?
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:30 pm
ad4ozz

Well have the long awaited yellow envelope to go for medicals but typical my husband is off work unwell with a parascitic bug giving him delli belli.....at least he will have reduced his BMI if nothing else. Do have couple of months to go so once he stops running for loo will put straight in for them.

Hope that's not to much info for everyone.

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Well have the long awaited yellow envelope to go for medicals but typical my husband is off work unwell with a parascitic bug giving him delli belli.....at least he will have reduced his BMI if nothing else. Do have couple of months to go so once he stops running for loo will put straight in for them.

I guess the worry will be that you will catch it from him!!
Why dont you battle through the snow and get your medical done before you go down with it .....cos u will
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by ad4ozz

Thats great Ann - I don't think you have waited long at all for the request.
Shame about your hubbie being ill though - as Paul says I would get your done now anyway just incase you come down with it too.

At least your application has probably been part processed then - pretty sure that they don't request medicals until that is done.

Lynn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.