Wikiposts

So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

txmogga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

congrats on your med request

I had mail from QLD at last today. Waited from 11 January till 23 February for it though. It says I am legal to practice as an RN in QLD. Nice of them to send that pretty jewelry too.

txmogga
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Well have the long awaited yellow envelope to go for medicals but typical my husband is off work unwell with a parascitic bug giving him delli belli.....at least he will have reduced his BMI if nothing else. Do have couple of months to go so once he stops running for loo will put straight in for them.

Hope that's not to much info for everyone.
Hi
congrats on the request for medical,in theory going off your timeline we shouldn't be far behind you,sent ours approx 1 month after you.getting scary now!
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:33 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Things are moving!!! Its all getting exciting now!

Is anyone at the same stage as me - frontloaded and application recieved 3rd February? - I think i'm 2 months behind you guys - my application will probably be still sitting in the 'haven't looked at it pile yet'

Oh well at least i'm learning all about patience - the timelines are far better than the 1 year wait I originally anticipated.

Just want to go tomorrow can't wait for the next winter to be hopefully in the sun!

Lynn
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by txmogga
congrats on your med request

I had mail from QLD at last today. Waited from 11 January till 23 February for it though. It says I am legal to practice as an RN in QLD. Nice of them to send that pretty jewelry too.

txmogga
Thats great txmogga - about time too - now you have just got to wait for your son to turn 18 right? What are you doing next? - the modified assessment with ANMC?

Lynn
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

txmogga is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Lynn

ANMC part is done. Got that back in December, positive assessment good for two years.

Just chillin for now

txmogga
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:44 am
ad4ozz

Had the x-rays today...x-ray woman refused to divulge if ok or not....think they should tell you really as you're the one paying £116 for them.

Medicals on Wednesday.

Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Had the x-rays today...x-ray woman refused to divulge if ok or not....think they should tell you really as you're the one paying £116 for them.

Medicals on Wednesday.
Thats crazy - you are paying for them at a private hospital you have a right to know. Is hubbie going for his meds Wed too? Is he feeling any better?

Lynn
Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Thats crazy - you are paying for them at a private hospital you have a right to know. Is hubbie going for his meds Wed too? Is he feeling any better?

Lynn
Our xrays were £79 each (steep I thought). I asked if they were ok and the radiographer said they couldn't say but they were really looking for TB and if they saw anything else suspect they would tell us to go to our GP and she was not telling us to go to our GP so ........
So there must be some rule there about what they can and can't say and some of these people take a bit of pleasure from making us sweat and following the rules to the book.
We've our meds on Mon and unfortunately we have a weekend of seeing good friends so they will see a new me and they will all be aghast when I say no to that extra drink or two!!
It will be good to get them over and done with though. The list of things to worry about is so long so to cross another thing of is one step nearer to worrying about what airline we are flying with!!
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:43 pm
ad4ozz

We thought as well that seen as we were at private clinic you should get at the very least a they look fine or well there may be a problem the doctor will discuss.

£116 is steep but we had them done within 3 hours of requesting an appointment to get them done and it was posh Newcastle clinic with lazer eye treatment and MRI scanner etc. so paid going rate for snobs I think.

We only have to wait 5 days from asking for medicals to getting them and would have been sooner but he was away this week.

Husband is feeling almost better so thought if we shot up there while he is 1 1/2 stone lighter his BMI doesn't look as bad... .

Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

We had X-Rays same day as medicals, The doc opened the X-ray film and report for each of us and said they were OK. He had the forms in front of us and we could'nt see any comments next to the tick boxes so presume all is well.

I would think that they would tell you to see your own GP if they found anything wrong.

Di
Old Feb 26th 2005, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

After sending additional information that DIMIA requested (James' divorce paper), our agent was told that it would take 10 days to get to our case officer. The 10 days was on Friday and when our agent e-mailed our case officer she informed him that she still hadn't got the document. So the wait goes on. It only took 3 days to get to the other side of the world!!!!!

We have decided that we can't spend another week getting up at ridiculous times throughout the night to check the e-mails so we are off to the Lake District for a week. Hopefully then our stress levels will have come down and when we get back next Sunday we will have the e-mail waiting for us. There might be a few more got its as well hopefully for others.

Joanne
Old Feb 26th 2005, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
After sending additional information that DIMIA requested (James' divorce paper), our agent was told that it would take 10 days to get to our case officer. The 10 days was on Friday and when our agent e-mailed our case officer she informed him that she still hadn't got the document. So the wait goes on. It only took 3 days to get to the other side of the world!!!!!

We have decided that we can't spend another week getting up at ridiculous times throughout the night to check the e-mails so we are off to the Lake District for a week. Hopefully then our stress levels will have come down and when we get back next Sunday we will have the e-mail waiting for us. There might be a few more got its as well hopefully for others.

Joanne
Hi Joanne

Enjoy your week in the lake district, chill out and come back stress free

Di
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Joanne,

I know what it is like waiting for info - as you say sometimes it's best to just forget it for a while. In the grand scheme of things a day or week her and there is not a lot. (God, that sounded sincere didn't it).

I took the big decision today to book our medicals even before going out on my reccie trip to Brisbane and before getting confirmation from DIMIA that all our paperwork was okay. Fingers crossed that we are not wasting our money (and with a family of 5 it's not just a couple of quid is it?). I really am in the wrong job - when I get to Australia I am going to train as a medical examiner so I can make my fortune in one week.

Richard
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAG62
Joanne,

I know what it is like waiting for info - as you say sometimes it's best to just forget it for a while. In the grand scheme of things a day or week her and there is not a lot. (God, that sounded sincere didn't it).

I took the big decision today to book our medicals even before going out on my reccie trip to Brisbane and before getting confirmation from DIMIA that all our paperwork was okay. Fingers crossed that we are not wasting our money (and with a family of 5 it's not just a couple of quid is it?). I really am in the wrong job - when I get to Australia I am going to train as a medical examiner so I can make my fortune in one week.

Richard
Work at the 'Brigstock medical centre' and make your fortune in an hour

Di
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

my conversion exam is 2wks wednesday!! :scared: then i have to wait til 8th april and then hopefully its full speed ahead for oz
Trish

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.