Wikiposts

So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:32 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by jimtrish
my conversion exam is 2wks wednesday!! :scared: then i have to wait til 8th april and then hopefully its full speed ahead for oz
Trish

GOOD LUCK WITH THE EXAM TRISH!!!

You will be fine, i'm sure you will pass - make sure you let us know how it go's!

Have you started any of the application process yet? ie. registering in state and ANMC skills assessment?

Lynn
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
GOOD LUCK WITH THE EXAM TRISH!!!

You will be fine, i'm sure you will pass - make sure you let us know how it go's!

Have you started any of the application process yet? ie. registering in state and ANMC skills assessment?

Lynn
hi lynn,

havent started any of the process as such, as im going rsms visa and the first parts are done by employer. dont need skills assessment with this visa and have to wait til i pass to register with qld, lucy is going to help me with that (lucy&rob) once i 'pass'.
thanks alot lynn, will definitely keep you posted, dreading it to say the least.
then got 3 weeks til finals...maybe charley boy and camilla the horse getting married the same day as results will be lucky?? we will see.

trish
xx
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough

Hi Trish

its a pity you didn't get the photo attatchment would have made you laugh takes your mind of things
Jackie
Old Mar 1st 2005, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacs
Hi Trish

its a pity you didn't get the photo attatchment would have made you laugh takes your mind of things
Jackie
yeh, like the penguin one though!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

What a day. Full of cold, sore throat, stressed at work, pi**ed off with work, its cold, wet and I feel generally miserable.
Then guess what, arrive home to find a letter from Nursing board of NSW.
The long winded letter says my disclosure of past criminal convictions and application for registration has been heard by the board. They wish to draw my attention to the code of professional conduct, a copy of which they enclosed.

The last line then says my application has been accepted and my certificate will follow seperately.

Talk about panic! They really know how to get your ticker going.

So Im finally getting my registration. I have my modified skills assessment form completed and just need to get my solicitor friend to do his bit. Hopefully get it sent off by the end of next week. I've started my visa application already and I can see there will be a few questions for you kind people.
But thats for the future. Tonight Im gonna celebrate passing the first 'test', and have a pint.........of water after my Wednesday 5 a side game. Beer will have to wait until the weekend.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by paulb
What a day. Full of cold, sore throat, stressed at work, pi**ed off with work, its cold, wet and I feel generally miserable.
Then guess what, arrive home to find a letter from Nursing board of NSW.
The long winded letter says my disclosure of past criminal convictions and application for registration has been heard by the board. They wish to draw my attention to the code of professional conduct, a copy of which they enclosed.

The last line then says my application has been accepted and my certificate will follow seperately.

Talk about panic! They really know how to get your ticker going.

So Im finally getting my registration. I have my modified skills assessment form completed and just need to get my solicitor friend to do his bit. Hopefully get it sent off by the end of next week. I've started my visa application already and I can see there will be a few questions for you kind people.
But thats for the future. Tonight Im gonna celebrate passing the first 'test', and have a pint.........of water after my Wednesday 5 a side game. Beer will have to wait until the weekend.
Congratulations Paul!!!!!!!! Very good news, get stuck into the now!

God the board sounds stuffy don't they!!?
Will you have to disclose anything on the other forms or should you be ok now?

Any Q's just fire away anytime!

Lynn
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:25 am
ad4ozz

Congratulations on the registration Paul. The Doctor didn't appear to test for beer just HIV, Hep B and Hep C.

Have you made your mind up which country you are going to yet Paul? As from all accounts it's going to be a ball ache literally to get into NZ shortly.

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Thanx folks, really feel like things are progressing now. Hopefully the skills assessment wil be fairly quick, then its the visa itself, medicals police checks etc. Me and the wife chatted last night and we will put the house up for sale once the visa application has been sent. (She has heard a story of someone getting a 136 visa after 6 weeks of applying).
Anyone wanna buy a house???????????? I begrudge paying the estate agent fees so may try the net to sell it. Anyone any advice?

I was looking at NZ, I guess keeping my options open, but feel Oz is the better option for various reasons. We still plan to go to North New South Wales, work options are good, and we are country bumpkins, not city dwellers!
Im off to cure the mentally ill (but who can help me)

Paul
Old Mar 4th 2005, 9:13 pm

Ann - do you think you will have long to wait now? I have heard little whispers of visa's being granted in 8 weeks after medicals being recieved

When does your hubbie get his BP checked again at practice nurse? I bet you are obsessively checking it at home aren't you!!? Has it been lower? Maybe he will need to go on anti-hypertensive medication to lower it? I'm sure that wouldn't affect the application. Get him on the Benecol yoghurts and drinks - plant cholesterols or something.

Lynn
Old Mar 5th 2005, 4:32 am
ad4ozz

He goes again Monday or Tuesday then will post off to GP then wait to see what Oz says and fingers crossed no cardiologist or more money to shell out. We'll have nothing left if we get there at this rate. He is fine at home just Doctors scare him....not sure if Benecol works with stress.

Spent today putting units in laundry room and building and waxing radiator cover in hall. Bl**dy house will be spot on when we sell it.

Old Mar 5th 2005, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
He goes again Monday or Tuesday then will post off to GP then wait to see what Oz says and fingers crossed no cardiologist or more money to shell out. We'll have nothing left if we get there at this rate. He is fine at home just Doctors scare him....not sure if Benecol works with stress.

Spent today putting units in laundry room and building and waxing radiator cover in hall. Bl**dy house will be spot on when we sell it.
Well best of luck!

I am the same - I won't want to sell my house by the time I've finished doing it up, although hubbie going at a snails pace with the D.I.Y

Hungover today - was at an Ann Summers party last night - had a great laugh Oh well off to cook a mothers day masterpiece gourmet meal now

Lynn
Old Mar 6th 2005, 2:22 am
ad4ozz

Hubby did have sudden burst of speed on the diy over last week so can't complain.

Waiting in today for people to look at dogs and they are late as he went to his mothers and hasn't returned yet.

Hope they are interested as said willing to take both.

Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Hi everyone

Well, it worked!!!!!
We decided to go away for a week as we couldn't stand getting up at ridiculous hours just to check the e-mails.
I gave my dad strict instructions not to ring me unless it was to say the visa had been granted - and he rang on Friday.
I can't tell you what a great feeling it is - but the nerves have also kicked in now.
Anyway we are booking flights tomorrow hopefully for 31 March/1 April so we are not hanging around. For those of you who know, we have been living at my parents for 2 months so getting the visa now makes the next few weeks a bit more manageable.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - frontloaded application received in Adelaide 30 November, money debited 6 December - VISA GRANTED 4 MARCH

Cheers
Joanne
Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Hi everyone

Well, it worked!!!!!
We decided to go away for a week as we couldn't stand getting up at ridiculous hours just to check the e-mails.
I gave my dad strict instructions not to ring me unless it was to say the visa had been granted - and he rang on Friday.
I can't tell you what a great feeling it is - but the nerves have also kicked in now.
Anyway we are booking flights tomorrow hopefully for 31 March/1 April so we are not hanging around. For those of you who know, we have been living at my parents for 2 months so getting the visa now makes the next few weeks a bit more manageable.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - frontloaded application received in Adelaide 30 November, money debited 6 December - VISA GRANTED 4 MARCH

Cheers
Joanne
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOSTER CLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done guys - you did the right thing going away for a few days!!!!!
Thats so good you have finally got your visa granted! And your flights booked too.

Congratulations again, so happy for you

Lynn x
Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Congrars and well done Joanne and all . Have a great trip and fingers crossed that it meets all your expectations. Keep us updated with your findings in Oz.

Richard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.