Wikiposts

So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Jan 22nd 2005, 9:54 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hiya lynn,
I feel your pain!!
as the nice chappie from go matilda said, as long as you can demonstrate on paper your 12 out of 18 months at 20+ hours per week, it doesnt matter if they are from1 job or 100. you will be fine.

as for your duties as an agency nurse, simple;
1. Take delegated duties from nurse in charge,
2. Care for a group of patients as directed by nurse in charge,
3. Assess, implement, monitor and evaluate care for allocated patietns in the period of the shift,
4. Give care according to patients needs, including basic needs such as hygiene, dressing etc, specific individual treatments (eg if you are skilled in areas such as giving chemo, haemodialysis,APD, etc), drug adminsitration (put in if you do IV's) and individual patient documentation (you could put in here about how you deal with the differing patient kardexes in the different areas you work in eg, computer record keeping, written documentation).
5. Take temporary charge of ward as directed by nurse in charge .

hope you arent stressing too much!!

sue
Thanks Sue you have made me feel a lot better about having several jobs on the go at once! The monthly calander sheets I am supplying add up the hours at the end of each week and specify where and when I worked. Including my job I am in just now (f/t) and the ward I used to work in going back 18 months I have 13 full months of 20+ hours per week. The rest are like 8 hours week 1, 12 week 2, 45 week3, 53 week 4 - so I never counted those ones as obviously week 1 and 2 were not 20 + hours even though it would average out. So I do have 13 whole months that meet the hours they want just not 13 months in a row - but it dosen't specify anything like that.

Thanks you so much for the 5 main duty thing - thats perfect - my mind was just going blank yesterday as I was writing so many refs!!!
We are going to fill in the actual visa form in today so no doubt will be on here later asking more questions about it!!!!!

Thanks for the support - are you ok?

Lynn x
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 10:12 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Thanks for the support - are you ok?

Lynn x

hi lynn,
glad i could help.
yes im fine, just enjoying the break from BE - I was beginning to eat breath and sleep bloody australia and it was sending me a bit nuts to be honest.
still havent decided what to do, but either way it will be a good 12-18 months before we are in a position to apply, so im trying to stay away from here so i dont get too depressed! still havent decided what to do with work -still undecided about either increasing my hours (but our ward sister has said the hours i will be able to work will not really be any good to her!) or just leaving and getting another job! (either substantive or agency).
time will tell i suppose.

good luck with the application form!

Sue
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

[if i were you i'd ask at the estate agent to see how houses are going near you,once you get an offer it will probably take3-4 months to complete therfore coinciding with visa,hopefully!!!
debs[/QUOTE]

Good point Debs, even when "sold" it can take 8 weeks. Will wiat to here that we have to go for our meds and then put on the market and hope for a loverly spring so that the house looks "bootiful" !
R
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 10:33 pm

Just to let you all know - i've booked my chest x-rays and medicals for the 3rd of Feb Thats my next day off as i'm working now for the next 10 days in a row

I am hoping my visa will be sent away by then - if its not I will ask the Dr to delay posting my medicals until the visa is sent off as don't want the medicals getting there 1st!

So yes I am def frontloading - will just pray that my medicals don't get lost but if they do I will just do them again - we have weighed up the risk and feel that it is worth it this way.

I am getting very excited now!!!

Lynn
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 10:56 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let you all know - i've booked my chest x-rays and medicals for the 3rd of Feb Thats my next day off as i'm working now for the next 10 days in a row

I am hoping my visa will be sent away by then - if its not I will ask the Dr to delay posting my medicals until the visa is sent off as don't want the medicals getting there 1st!

So yes I am def frontloading - will just pray that my medicals don't get lost but if they do I will just do them again - we have weighed up the risk and feel that it is worth it this way.

I am getting very excited now!!!

Lynn

hi lynn,
(just popped on to get an email address, honest!!)
sounds like its all gathering speed for you! when we eventually apply, it will all be frontloaded....lets see who can set the record for the quickest dimia processing - by the time i get a go, there will be some impressive times to beat!
sorry to hear you have to work for the next ten days - ouch! the one thing about working part-time term-time is that i never get any nasty long stretches like that any more!

take care,

sue

ps, why wont it let me send you any karma??? keeps telling me i have to spread it round before i send you any more, and its been ages since i sent any karma!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hi lynn,
(just popped on to get an email address, honest!!)
sounds like its all gathering speed for you! when we eventually apply, it will all be frontloaded....lets see who can set the record for the quickest dimia processing - by the time i get a go, there will be some impressive times to beat!
sorry to hear you have to work for the next ten days - ouch! the one thing about working part-time term-time is that i never get any nasty long stretches like that any more!

take care,

sue

ps, why wont it let me send you any karma??? keeps telling me i have to spread it round before i send you any more, and its been ages since i sent any karma!!!
Thats ok you can owe me it !!!!
Just trying to get these bloody references now - I have wrote them all myself but having to post them to the persons concerned, so relying on them signing and returning them quick.

I will keep watching the forum and can't wait until its your turn and will be watching your progress!

Lynn x now remember that karma - get spreadin girl
Old Jan 24th 2005, 1:14 am
ad4ozz

I'm still sitting here waiting for official letter with case number and mailed request for medicals. We managed to get an emailed case number off one DIMIA person followed by a different email off a different person telling us not to hassle them and await post so now worry is we have been given wrong case number...paranoia creeping in... :scared: .

We were thinking of going for meds but then first email said we hadn't even been assessed yet so you start thinking if we fail assessment won't need meds....so sitting here in la la land frozen and in a dither about what to do.

Need a letter from them to get us back on track.

Snowing here and bl**dy freezing... feet like ice and have to go and drive around in the stuff again this afternoon.

Old Jan 24th 2005, 5:54 am

Hey you guys

Chin up both of you.

Night nurse that is a real bummer - I feel really sad for you. You have done nothing wrong and DIMIA have mucked you around big time.

Ann - I can't believe you still have no letter - its hard to imagine getting processed so fast like those other timelines we have heard of. The only thing I can think of is that everything happens very quickly in the last month or 2 but you will be in limbo inbetween.

Both of you keep your fingers crossed they don't lose my medicals - I am still gonna try begging the GP to give ME them 1st!!!

Lynn
Old Jan 24th 2005, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Hi everyone
We are also at the waiting stage. Application was sent to agent end of Nov and money was taken 7 Dec by DIMIA. We had heard nothing until last week when our agent informed us we had a case no. We moved out of our house 7 Jan and are living at my parents so I can tell you it's no fun!!!!!!!!!! This waiting is definitely the worst bit. We are taking bets on when we will hear and I say by 6 Feb (which is our daughter's first birthday).
Lets hope we all hear something soon.
Joanne
Old Jan 24th 2005, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Hi everyone
We are also at the waiting stage. Application was sent to agent end of Nov and money was taken 7 Dec by DIMIA. We had heard nothing until last week when our agent informed us we had a case no. We moved out of our house 7 Jan and are living at my parents so I can tell you it's no fun!!!!!!!!!! This waiting is definitely the worst bit. We are taking bets on when we will hear and I say by 6 Feb (which is our daughter's first birthday).
Lets hope we all hear something soon.
Joanne
Hi Joanne

I really hope you hear something soon! where are you off to and have you already sent meds and police checks?

Like you I am also planning on moving in with my mum in spring when we sell the house. It would be me, my hubbie and poppy the dog! I love my mum to bits but am dreading losing our privacy and having to fight to get in the shower in the morning!!!

Keep us posted - would love to hear more about your move!

Lynn
Old Jan 24th 2005, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Hi Joanne

I really hope you hear something soon! where are you off to and have you already sent meds and police checks?

Like you I am also planning on moving in with my mum in spring when we sell the house. It would be me, my hubbie and poppy the dog! I love my mum to bits but am dreading losing our privacy and having to fight to get in the shower in the morning!!!

Keep us posted - would love to hear more about your move!

Lynn
Hi Lynn
We have frontloaded meds and police checks and our agent has confirmed that they have been received and cleared so I hope it's paid off. We are off to Adelaide as James has been offered a job at the QE.
The thing is we couldn't let the sale of our house fall through so we have had no choice but to move in with my parents. Some days it's just about tolerable other days its a complete nightmare - I feel awful saying it as my mum and dad (I think) are enjoying having us here. Only trouble is my mum keeps bursting into tears every other day and I can't cope with all the emotion. We've been here since 7 Jan and it feels like forever. It's hard trying to keep a teenager and an 11 month old entertained when it's not your home.
I'm following everyone's progress and those who applied round about Nov/Dec don't seem to have heard anything (except file nos) so we are all in the same boat I think.
Joanne
Old Jan 25th 2005, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Just a quick update, The packers are in tomorrow (Cyprus). Returning to the UK Saturday to be reunited with the Kids who i have not seen since new year, not that they have minded as being spoilt by my parents. Meds and x-rays still on track for Feb, Will try and access PC in the near future to keep track with everyones progress.

Good luck
Di x
Old Jan 25th 2005, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Night Nurse and Ad4Oz: this sort of news really annoys me. I have real concerns about the abilities of the people at Adelaide to have proper processes in place. It is clearly not acceptable and often it is the fear of rejection that stops people from complaining. But I think you ought to complain and try and get things moving.

Joanne, I admire that you are prepared to sell up without first getting the nod from DIMIA. Your bravery with living with your parents is also to be admired. You obviously have more patience than I have.

Richard
Old Jan 25th 2005, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by RAG62
Night Nurse and Ad4Oz: this sort of news really annoys me. I have real concerns about the abilities of the people at Adelaide to have proper processes in place. It is clearly not acceptable and often it is the fear of rejection that stops people from complaining. But I think you ought to complain and try and get things moving.

Joanne, I admire that you are prepared to sell up without first getting the nod from DIMIA. Your bravery with living with your parents is also to be admired. You obviously have more patience than I have.

Richard
Here here!

Good luck everyone and don't be afraid to speak up - I think phoning is better as people can be really bitchy/ rude in e-mail where they are not face to face with you.

Lynn
Old Jan 26th 2005, 8:04 am

Well everyone, application almost ready to be submitted now. I have typed all my employment statements/refs my self and have been working my way round all bosses getting them signed! It has definately been much quicker doing it myself. Application took 5 hours to fill in at the weekend, it was such a marathon but a big relief when it was done - will have to go back over it though and put all the supporting documents in order. and complete the checklists. Is it just form 80 I enclose? Ann did you mention a form 88 because I have not came across that?

How did everyone send there stuff? I gather you are not to use any plastic pockets or bindings? Did you just bung it all in an envelope? Not even a paperclip??? Just an A4 envelope?

Planning on sending it by DHL again because so far they have been very good and reliable.

Ready for tracking and tracing everyone in the next week??

Lynn x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.