Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Mar 14th 2023, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by chatdoctoreightball
If they don't secure me a NC1 1bed cabin, there's no amount of money they can get me for.
Just qurious what kind of role you are interviewing for to expect the company to bend their rules for you... there are literally thousands of people trying to get here...
Old Mar 14th 2023, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aussieaggie
I have a question about mobility once there. Are promotions common? Is there some sort of Intranet or internal job postings that you can see and apply to for more experience in different parts of Neom (so maybe go from Trojena to The Line to Oxagon to the Authority)?
Promotions are not that easy to get. I know many hardworking people who have been with neom for more than 2 years and have not been promoted yet. Lateral movement is often also a challenge - your current boss has to release you, plus you are not allowed to move to a different department during your first year, also this move should only be to an identical job grade, and after you move to a different department you are not entitled to get a promotion or raise for at least a year following the move.
Old Mar 14th 2023, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

mteresa is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by JDM5AM
Get them before you leave unless you’re from the U.K. in which case you don’t need an adapter.
Hello everyone! and thank you for all the information. I have not yet finished reading all the information. As far as I know, Europe and UK have 220V-240V. Some webs say KSA has 110V-127V and others say 230V.
Copied from the Internet:
The country currently utilises a dual-voltage power distribution system. In residential and light commercial buildings the Kingdom uses 127 volts, whereas 220 volts is required in for larger commercial and industrial applications. With more than 70% of the world now using a 230/400 volt distribution system, the government approved plans in August 2010 to move the country to a 230/400 volts system.

I have questions regarding two topics:
  1. Could anyone already in Neom or Oxagon confirm the voltage and frequency in the basecamps? Plug type G // 230V supply voltage // 60Hz frequency. Is that correct?
  2. Planning to go to Oxagon and analyzing in Google Maps. What are the brick-and-mortar buildings near the cabins? Are they office buildings or residential apartments? Is the cabin a temporary residence or permanent?
Thank you and all the best!
Old Mar 14th 2023, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

mteresa is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
I don't have a pet but I'm in the WhatsApp group. They recommend expatlogistics.com who work within ME and partner with petrelocation.com
Hi everybody!
If we go to the cabins, will it be later (1 year or so) a relocation with all my furniture and non-essential stuff from my current country of residence?
Any recommendations for relocation companies to send all the stuff from Europe to KSA? Without pets would you recommend expatlogistics.com or other companies?
Old Mar 15th 2023, 5:23 am
Just Joined

aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chrisreak
Promotions are not that easy to get. I know many hardworking people who have been with neom for more than 2 years and have not been promoted yet. Lateral movement is often also a challenge - your current boss has to release you, plus you are not allowed to move to a different department during your first year, also this move should only be to an identical job grade, and after you move to a different department you are not entitled to get a promotion or raise for at least a year following the move.
Thanks for this response. It seems if that's the case then one should go there with the intent to solely do a task and not actually grow with the organization (which I hoped to do). At least it's a chance to put it on the CV I suppose.
Old Mar 16th 2023, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chrisreak
I think think 20K AUD is quite realistic for a manager role.
Definitely. Thats what I am saying. Just a 25% uplift is not attractive to move to Saudi but I understand it depends from person to person.
Old Mar 17th 2023, 10:03 am
Just Joined

TheGman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam1980
Definitely. Thats what I am saying. Just a 25% uplift is not attractive to move to Saudi but I understand it depends from person to person.
Don't forget about the fact that 99% of your living costs are covered and quality of life can be a lot better depending on your habits and hobbies. Also, NO TAX!
Old Mar 19th 2023, 2:18 am
Just Joined

Melbournite is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I have recently joined this forum and there is wealth of information regarding NEOM.

Thank you all for sharing the information.

I live in Melbourne and my partner has accepted an offer from Neom. Currently, at the visa processing stage.
I am hoping to join after few months.

My question was around spouse employment. I have read somewhere in the thread about NEOM - 3 month temporary program) which has capped salary, but I am keen in full time employment at NEOM.
I am currently working as a Product Owner in digital transformation project at Melbourne. I have found similar roles advised on NEOM career website which match my profile.
I have tried applying but I haven't heard back anything.
During the visa process, the visa agent advised that a spouse doesn't require to get degree attestion completed. But given that I am keen in working full time, is it better to get my degree attested?

Any spouse who has been offered full time employment at Neom? Please share your thoughts & experiences.

Thanks in advance for replying,

Last edited by Melbournite; Mar 19th 2023 at 2:31 am.
Old Mar 19th 2023, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Canuck072 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Taurus85
Is anyone here has Procurement Experience and looking for a new opportunity, reply to my message. The company I work for has many openings in KSA (NEOM PIF, etc)
Hey, any openings for project accountants? I have experience working in 2 major prorojects in Canada. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old Mar 21st 2023, 2:27 am
Just Joined

Userer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Taurus85
Is anyone here has Procurement Experience and looking for a new opportunity, reply to my message. The company I work for has many openings in KSA (NEOM PIF, etc)
hi, i have international procurement experience, including uae and qatar , Africa and china. Recently was contacted by neom. Please let me know if you have openings
Old Mar 21st 2023, 4:12 am
GNK
Just Joined

GNK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Melbournite
Hi all, I have recently joined this forum and there is wealth of information regarding NEOM.

Thank you all for sharing the information.

I live in Melbourne and my partner has accepted an offer from Neom. Currently, at the visa processing stage.
I am hoping to join after few months.

My question was around spouse employment. I have read somewhere in the thread about NEOM - 3 month temporary program) which has capped salary, but I am keen in full time employment at NEOM.
I am currently working as a Product Owner in digital transformation project at Melbourne. I have found similar roles advised on NEOM career website which match my profile.
I have tried applying but I haven't heard back anything.
During the visa process, the visa agent advised that a spouse doesn't require to get degree attestion completed. But given that I am keen in working full time, is it better to get my degree attested?

Any spouse who has been offered full time employment at Neom? Please share your thoughts & experiences.

Thanks in advance for replying,
I came over as a spouse and then started working for Neom about 6 months later. The job application and onboarding process (even when already based here) was in my case still very frustrating and drawn out.
I received my dependent Iqama linked to my husband's before an employment offer. When the offer came through all I needed to do was have my degrees attested (I used CLS - capital line services based in Canberra, they just required payment and an electronic scan of my degree - not an original hard copy), have a blood test / chest x-ray (which was done locally at Neom) and set up a bank account.
if you do not get your Iqama first you may need to go back to Australia to apply for a work visa which could take a few weeks.
Once settled here your husband will be able to pass your CV on directly to appropriate teams which may make getting an interview easier. They definitely like hiring qualified spouses as we are already here and they don't need to find us housing.
Good luck happy to answer any other questions via DM
Old Mar 21st 2023, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Baghdadeya is an unknown quantity at this point

Is someone able to give an update on the accommodation situation at NEOM? I’ve got an offer and everything except I can’t progress to the next stage because I can’t bring kids with me… so I just have to wait for a miracle to happen to get places in the nursery and accommodation. Last time I spoke to the hiring manager, she said options were being looked at. I don’t want to keep hassling her for updates, I’m hoping someone on the ground can provide an update plz 🙂
Old Mar 21st 2023, 7:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baghdadeya
Is someone able to give an update on the accommodation situation at NEOM? I’ve got an offer and everything except I can’t progress to the next stage because I can’t bring kids with me… so I just have to wait for a miracle to happen to get places in the nursery and accommodation. Last time I spoke to the hiring manager, she said options were being looked at. I don’t want to keep hassling her for updates, I’m hoping someone on the ground can provide an update plz 🙂
2024 according to all the posts on the forum, have a hunt and you'll find lots like this -

NEOM Job Offer Details

HTH.
Old Mar 21st 2023, 11:00 am
Just Joined

chriscooke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GNK
I came over as a spouse and then started working for Neom about 6 months later. The job application and onboarding process (even when already based here) was in my case still very frustrating and drawn out.
I received my dependent Iqama linked to my husband's before an employment offer. When the offer came through all I needed to do was have my degrees attested (I used CLS - capital line services based in Canberra, they just required payment and an electronic scan of my degree - not an original hard copy), have a blood test / chest x-ray (which was done locally at Neom) and set up a bank account.
if you do not get your Iqama first you may need to go back to Australia to apply for a work visa which could take a few weeks.
Once settled here your husband will be able to pass your CV on directly to appropriate teams which may make getting an interview easier. They definitely like hiring qualified spouses as we are already here and they don't need to find us housing.
Good luck happy to answer any other questions via DM
I am in a similar situation that my wife has got a role and I'm trying to get a role (I should with my work experience).

What visa did you first go out on originally?
Old Mar 21st 2023, 11:55 am
Just Joined

cuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Onboarding and expat routine

Hi there...just recently been offered a role...apparently theres ways to speed up the onboarding...i.e. work visas whilst waiting for Iqama...what else does HR need? Degree certification? Medical? Proof of salary?? Bit of clarity on that would help me prepare and also...any UK expats out there, what routine do people usually follow given the 30 or so days of holiday and 30 days working remote...assuming wanting to not pay UK tax and adhere to the 90 days rule

Cheers!!!

Sam1980 ...cant see your DM

Last edited by cuffer; Mar 21st 2023 at 1:34 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.