NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Mar 27th 2023, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by BMH77
Capital Link Services is good.
+61 2 6282 7155

I think you're using the word "Good" pretty loosely here...…..
Old Mar 27th 2023, 10:35 am
Just Joined

cuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone give me an idea of the working day/weekend routine? Where exactly is NC1 and NC2? Where do people go at weekends?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27th 2023, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

nb750883 is an unknown quantity at this point

Those who have mobilized from the US:
  1. Any recommended visa agencies from the list that SACM provides on their website?

List of Agencies:
    Atlantic Travel
    MESK Travel CORP.
    US Saudi Arabian Business Council
    ROCA Authentication
    American Visa of DC
    Passport & Visa Consultation
    American Passport & Visa International
    America & Middle East Services
  2. How much is the all-in price for their services?
  3. Reading through the forum, it seems like diploma attestation could take the most time out of all the onboarding tasks. I’ve also read that applying for diploma attestation directly with SACM (without using agency) is much faster than going through a visa agency. Is this true?
  4. Any other tips to get through the onboarding process as quick as possible from the US?
Old Mar 28th 2023, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Dxbstu387 is an unknown quantity at this point

No you read it correctly, I wasn't aware of this timescale and thought the visa was the visa! Naturally, the reason for the waiting part is due to the medical being required and no fixed assurances the visa will be forthcoming. Really appreciate you highlighting this as there is little chance my 3 month notice will be shortened due to the role and nature of work I'm currently involved with. Much appreciated Zenith1
Old Mar 28th 2023, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UK85
Sorry... you said 3 months from the medical to get your Visa?? I thought it was around 2 weeks max once you have your medical and police report and the other documents!
The 3 months is my own notice period, I just stated that to outline timelines from A-Z. Apologies for any confusion.
Old Mar 28th 2023, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zenith1
That's odd. Once I signed the initial agreement, and started the background check process there was a clear section that said I do not consent to you contacting my current employers. This was last December. Maybe they've changed processes since....
Same timelines, I signed the form but red-lined out the ability to contact my current employer, more than happy to share the letter if need be. Background checks are all complete now, so off for the medical next week.
Old Mar 28th 2023, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zenith1
This timeline mainly depends on the most tiresome and longest part of your visa process - not the police report, or your health check, or even applying in the embassy (once all docs collated), these three things can get done within 5-7 working days if everything aligns, as you mention.

The longest part of this entire process is qualification attestation. This is where the Saudi cultural attache of UK or US, ring up the institute to confirm the degree is accurate. Only after this check, does the embassy sign an attestation on the degree. This piece can take from 3 to 6 weeks, and in worse cases I've seen it take north of 7 weeks (severe backlogs / niche degrees / issues with the embassy team attesting it and hence requiring to and fro).

Once you (the visa agency) have all the docs in place, the actual issuance of the visa is 2-3 working days (mine took 2).
All of these items need to go through your selected visa agency? Or some of them you can independently complete on your own?
  1. Police Certificate / Background Check
  2. Health Check / Medical
  3. Diploma Attestation
  4. Work Visa Application
Old Mar 28th 2023, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nb750883
All of these items need to go through your selected visa agency? Or some of them you can independently complete on your own?
  1. Police Certificate / Background Check - In the UK, you do this yourself via the ACRO website
  2. Health Check / Medical - In the UK you do this at the A1 Visa Services office based in Mayfair
  3. Diploma Attestation - this is no longer a requirement as part of the visa application process. It still needs to be done within 3 months within KSA. This was communicated to candidates only yesterday. If it's in process, you continue with it.
  4. Work Visa Application - In the UK you do this at the A1 Visa Services office based in Mayfair
Old Mar 28th 2023, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dxbstu387
  1. Police Certificate / Background Check - In the UK, you do this yourself via the ACRO website
  2. Health Check / Medical - In the UK you do this at the A1 Visa Services office based in Mayfair
  3. Diploma Attestation - this is no longer a requirement as part of the visa application process. It still needs to be done within 3 months within KSA. This was communicated to candidates only yesterday. If it's in process, you continue with it.
  4. Work Visa Application - In the UK you do this at the A1 Visa Services office based in Mayfair
Thank you, Dxbstu387!

That’s great news with regard to the diploma attestation! One less thing to worry about prior to mobilization to Neom!
Old Mar 30th 2023, 4:16 am
Just Joined

banskoboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Changes as of yesterday regarding the 'work from home' scheme. NEOM will allow 2 working from home days per month. These days will not be transferable to the next month ----> If not used in any one month then they are lost.

Old Mar 30th 2023, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

So no more using them 5 days at a time on the other side of some leave?
Old Mar 30th 2023, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Baghdadeya is an unknown quantity at this point

Any other updates on the whole accommodation and nursery situation?
Old Mar 30th 2023, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by banskoboy
Changes as of yesterday regarding the 'work from home' scheme. NEOM will allow 2 working from home days per month. These days will not be transferable to the next month ----> If not used in any one month then they are lost.
Seems to defeat the object, you'll just find staff taking the end and beginning of the next month off in two-week chunks utilizing those 2 days either side. Applying greater pressure on resources.....

For the avoidance of doubt, are the 30 days annual leave actually working days? They don't include weekends with these (some firms in Oman and Qatar do this) in KSA?
Old Mar 30th 2023, 7:29 am
Just Joined

UK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dxbstu387
Seems to defeat the object, you'll just find staff taking the end and beginning of the next month off in two-week chunks utilizing those 2 days either side. Applying greater pressure on resources.....

For the avoidance of doubt, are the 30 days annual leave actually working days? They don't include weekends with these (some firms in Oman and Qatar do this) in KSA?
Before It used to be 5 WFH days per holiday take. So this time the 2 days may be capped per holuday take regardless of the end/start of the month. (Just saying, not sure)

The 30 days are proper holidays, bank holidays apart.

Old Mar 30th 2023, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Jabzy14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of resigning from my current role, and therefore the VISA process.
I have been told the degree does not have to be attested to obtain the VISA, as long as it is attested within 3 months of joining NEOM.
Is everyone else finding this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.