Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Mar 21st 2023, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Melbournite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

GNK Thank you so much for your response.
I am curious to understand your timeline and series of event between your partner's arrival at Neom & your arrival? Happy to DM you once it allows me to send one.

Old Mar 21st 2023, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

H.Sterling is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently accepted an offer to work with Neom through a third party contractor. Is it common practice for contractors to provide a "Business Visit Visa"? Shouldn't they provide an Iqama or residence visa??
Old Mar 21st 2023, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Economically is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, does anyone know when the pay date will be for this month as the 24/25th falls on a weekend and also for the month of Ramadan as the last week is public holiday?

thank you
Old Mar 21st 2023, 6:52 pm
GNK
Just Joined

GNK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chriscooke
I am in a similar situation that my wife has got a role and I'm trying to get a role (I should with my work experience).

What visa did you first go out on originally?
A Family Visit Visa
Old Mar 21st 2023, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Onboarding and expat routine

Originally Posted by cuffer
Hi there...just recently been offered a role...apparently theres ways to speed up the onboarding...i.e. work visas whilst waiting for Iqama...what else does HR need? Degree certification? Medical? Proof of salary?? Bit of clarity on that would help me prepare and also...any UK expats out there, what routine do people usually follow given the 30 or so days of holiday and 30 days working remote...assuming wanting to not pay UK tax and adhere to the 90 days rule

Cheers!!!

Sam1980 ...cant see your DM
Hi cuffer,

Just want to ask as you are offered the role, did you get the salary offer before uploading the documents or after uploading? thanks.
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 9:45 am
Krb
Just Joined

Krb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I’m at a similar stage. Job formally offered and I have been asked to resign from my current role, which I have, and confirm a start date of mid-May.

All offer documents were received and agreed beforehand (salary, terms, etc…). However, I am stuck at the Work Visa stage with nothing happening. Is this typical and how long does it take to complete this? I’m not sure if mid-May is achievable at this rate?

:-)
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 9:57 am
Just Joined

cuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all...can you give me an idea of working routine in Neom? When and what people generally do at weekends?
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 10:17 am
Just Joined

aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Krb
Hi, I’m at a similar stage. Job formally offered and I have been asked to resign from my current role, which I have, and confirm a start date of mid-May.

All offer documents were received and agreed beforehand (salary, terms, etc…). However, I am stuck at the Work Visa stage with nothing happening. Is this typical and how long does it take to complete this? I’m not sure if mid-May is achievable at this rate?

:-)
This part confuses my mind--the asking people to resign, which I've seen others say before. Not sure what their interest is if/when someone has resigned or not, especially when delays are not uncommon. Happy to be informed though...just curious.

Is the visa all done and are the tickets booked with a definite arrival date?
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Baghdadeya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aussieaggie
This part confuses my mind--the asking people to resign, which I've seen others say before. Not sure what their interest is if/when someone has resigned or not, especially when delays are not uncommon. Happy to be informed though...just curious.

Is the visa all done and are the tickets booked with a definite arrival date?
Is everyone being asked to go to NEOM on a single status? Anyone recently accepted and offer and taking family and kids?
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 11:28 am
Krb
Just Joined

Krb is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, so I’ve just received some concerning news. Whilst progressing through interviews, I mentioned that I do not have a degrees. I was told that a degree exception was needed. A few weeks later I was told this was done. A few weeks after that, I received the email stating that I could now resign….so I resigned.

I am now told today that a degree exception was not sought, and this needs to be done as part of the Visa process.

I’m a little underwhelmed. If this is rejected, why have I resigned?

Has anyone else had a situation similar to this?
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Krb
Ok, so I’ve just received some concerning news. Whilst progressing through interviews, I mentioned that I do not have a degrees. I was told that a degree exception was needed. A few weeks later I was told this was done. A few weeks after that, I received the email stating that I could now resign….so I resigned.

I am now told today that a degree exception was not sought, and this needs to be done as part of the Visa process.

Hi Krb,

I think the degree is required to get Iqama of a certain profession e.g. engineer, accountant etc. And yes that is probably part of the Visa process. So you may be issued a Visa with a profession other than engineers etc. Thats my understanding.

Who confirmed to you that visa exception has been done?
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 11:48 am
Just Joined

aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Krb

Goes straight to my question above about resigning when they tell you to. I think no one should resign until visa is granted, flight is booked, and accommodation confirmed. At least that's my intention.
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aussieaggie
Goes straight to my question above about resigning when they tell you to. I think no one should resign until visa is granted, flight is booked, and accommodation confirmed. At least that's my intention.
I second that.
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Baghdadeya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam1980
I second that.
totally agree
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

cuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Onboarding and expat routine

Hi Sam1980 uploaded the standard documents (inc existing salary, medical, education) assume its then over to the screening/DD team (HireRight). Just wondered about degree attestation and other things that take time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.