Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Mar 2nd 2023, 9:36 am
Just Joined

kats83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Is the priority based on family situation? i.e.

1. Families with 2 kids + enrolled in NCS
2. Families with 1 kid enrolled in NCS
3. Families with kids not enrolled in NCS
4. Couples
5. Singles
Old Mar 2nd 2023, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

At the moment, I'm hearing from onboarding that the priority has gone out of the window. They are saying DON'T bring your family / partners at this time as there simply isn't room in NC1 and that isn't likely to change until mid-late 24. The studios in NC2 are seemingly unsuitable for a couple, never mind a family with children.
Old Mar 2nd 2023, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chatdoctoreightball
Offices are in NC1, and it's not really about the interesting side of the community, You'll just be around higher up roles and will be able to establish partnerships that can promote a faster growth inside the machine. Let's face it, no one goes into this project for the love of it. You're opportunistic and want quick growth and money, so you might as well facilitate that by being in the proper environment.
Incredible research you've done, spot on.
Old Mar 2nd 2023, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I got a welcome to NC 2 email with a QR code to a portal for neom but the website isn't opening? Has anyone went through something like that?
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Cjxl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Good luck with that..

Its not happening...
Yes, definitely not happening.
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Cjxl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Is this some sort of joke? Because its pretty funny.....

You will be in NC2 behind everyone else that is A. already there and B. people ahead of you in the onboarding process.

There are plenty of people that have been living in NC2 for close to 10 months already.. If you have an inkling of hope that you'll be in NC1 before them, I'd like a little bit of whatever it is you're on!
😂😂😂 "I'd like a little bit of whatever it is you're on!" 🙆😂😂😂
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi People from All around the world.,

I live in Sydney and I have an interview for a role of manager next week. Any advice what should I prepare for apart from technical stuff. Also I really want to know what salary should I ask for? Currently getting around 150K AUD per annum. I understand it is a tax free country and salary would be higher but if it's just $200k then it might not be worth the hassle. I have a wife and two kids school going. Can I take the whole family with me?

Thanks.
Sam

Last edited by Sam1980; Mar 3rd 2023 at 7:39 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 8:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam1980

I live in Sydney and I have an interview for a role of manager next week. Any advice what should I prepare for apart from technical stuff. Also I really want to know what salary should I ask for? Currently getting around 150K AUD per annum. I understand it is a tax free country and salary would be higher but if it's just $200k then it might not be worth the hassle. I have a wife and two kids school going. Can I take the whole family with me?

Thanks.
Sam
Hi, welcome to BE.

Might be worth having a read/search of the thread as you'll find the info you're after there. It's an uplift on your current salary, 25% is the usual figure I think (but a search will confirm), and yes your wife and kids can go with you but check out the info on this thread and others about school registrations and housing issues.

Good luck.
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Aschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I also have an interview with Neom on Sunday. Cold not really find any posts about women. I have several years of site experience always working in Europe for south european companies (Spanish/Italian). How much different is approach to women at work from the one in Europe? Are there many European/US/Canadian/Australian women working for Neom ? Could your share experience?
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aschia
Hi, I also have an interview with Neom on Sunday. Cold not really find any posts about women. I have several years of site experience always working in Europe for south european companies (Spanish/Italian). How much different is approach to women at work from the one in Europe? Are there many European/US/Canadian/Australian women working for Neom ? Could your share experience?
Is it a site based job youre applying for? What is the role?
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

wiseman231 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam1980

Thanks.
Sam
Hi Sam
I haven't got any interview, but I was approached by a consultant last year and at the time, I did a little bit of research around this. I am also based in Sydney with 7 and 3 year old kids and currently on similar package as yours.

Apparently, the offer is still valuable if you take your entire family with you. If balance of your family is still based in Australia, my understanding is that you will have to pay tax in Australia on your overseas income. You may want to check with expat tax consultant based in Australia.

Having said that, the offer will still save a lot of money considering free accommodation, free food, free school education and free transport. If you have a mortgaged property in Sydney, you can put it up for rent too.

Out of curiosity, were you approached by a consultant/ neom or did you apply directly on their website?
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi wiseman231,
Thank you for your reply. My wife works here too and her package is around 120K. One child goes to school and the other to daycare. I don't have anything confirmed yet but obviously with the price of everything going up in Sydney, I am thinking about NEOM. I was thinking if I can get a package of 20K AUD per month (I know it sounds a lot) then I will go. We are still renting since many many years and have been saving a little bit but I dont see myself having a mortgage soon honestly. I still have huge debts due to some well known Aussie bad habits on horses (if you know what I mean, I am very sad about it though). My wife wants to continue her career so unless the money is worth it I wont take my family.
I was approached by NEOM directly and I thought the interview would be with a local person but it is with a European/Western director.
Cheers.
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE.

Might be worth having a read/search of the thread as you'll find the info you're after there. It's an uplift on your current salary, 25% is the usual figure I think (but a search will confirm), and yes your wife and kids can go with you but check out the info on this thread and others about school registrations and housing issues.

Good luck.
Thank you christmasoompa.
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

tuxedokosovo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
Hello, I got a welcome to NC 2 email with a QR code to a portal for neom but the website isn't opening? Has anyone went through something like that?
I am having the same issue.
will fly from London on 8th and arrive on 9th what is yours?
Old Mar 4th 2023, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tuxedokosovo
I am having the same issue.
will fly from London on 8th and arrive on 9th what is yours?
I am flying in the 8th from USA, will be arrive on the 9th as well. Are you going straight London to Neom? Or stopping in Jeddah?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.