Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Mar 8th 2023, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Hmhcanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by wanderingexpat
I think it depends on what role you have applied for. Is it an associate, Lead, Manager or Senior Manager role? Apart from senior exec director roles they only go based on your previous salary.
it is a Manager role in Finance, trying to determine if its worthwhile or not. No official offer, just had 1st interview recently, I think it went well. Hence, trying to do research in advance
Old Mar 8th 2023, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Baghdadeya is an unknown quantity at this point

31k for a finance manager seems fair but generally they offer 25% more than what you’re earning now as a base regardless of the position or seniority.. so you have to work out if it’s worth your while or not based on a 25% increase.
Old Mar 9th 2023, 2:53 am
Just Joined

aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a question about mobility once there. Are promotions common? Is there some sort of Intranet or internal job postings that you can see and apply to for more experience in different parts of Neom (so maybe go from Trojena to The Line to Oxagon to the Authority)?
Old Mar 9th 2023, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I know Neom recommends people not to bring their family because no room in NC1. But what if I bring my wife and kids to stay with me in the studio. I know it is small but we are willing to make the sacrifices, will that be something they will allow me to do to have them stay with me in the studio ?
Old Mar 9th 2023, 8:47 am
Just Joined

chatdoctoreightball is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baghdadeya
31k for a finance manager seems fair but generally they offer 25% more than what you’re earning now as a base regardless of the position or seniority.. so you have to work out if it’s worth your while or not based on a 25% increase.
Haven't been able to get any bonus details. Is there a base number for this?
Old Mar 9th 2023, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
Hello, I know Neom recommends people not to bring their family because no room in NC1. But what if I bring my wife and kids to stay with me in the studio. I know it is small but we are willing to make the sacrifices, will that be something they will allow me to do to have them stay with me in the studio ?
I’m sure they will, I heard some people are already doing that.. but the challenge you have too is there are no places in schools or nurseries

Last edited by Baghdadeya; Mar 9th 2023 at 10:38 am.
Old Mar 9th 2023, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chatdoctoreightball
Usually 20-30% on a good year.. but it’s still at the discretion of your leader.. given NEOM are behind schedule I suspect not many people would be getting the full bonus.. just a guess
Old Mar 9th 2023, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Dappermuis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Baghdadeya, quick question. What are the families currently doing with their kids ito daycare etc?
Old Mar 9th 2023, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chatdoctoreightball
Originally Posted by Dappermuis
Hi Baghdadeya, quick question. What are the families currently doing with their kids ito daycare etc?
some are choosing to have their partners stay home to look after kids if there are no places. The queue/wait list is so long that the schools aren’t adding anyone on the wait list anymore. As a mum of two young children I’ve been offered single status which I kindly rejected, so now I’ve agreed with the hiring manager that we keep in contact until some miracle happens which will allow me to bring my young children with me.
Old Mar 9th 2023, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Dappermuis is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the feedback. Ok so it would seem that the spouses have a informal thing going where the kids then paly together during the day? I wonder if there is any plans to build satellite facilities for the kids....
Old Mar 12th 2023, 10:30 am
Just Joined

nb750883 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
I am not sure who is feeding you information.... You are so way off the mark, it's hilarious..

You want to be in NC1 because you will be around 'higher up roles'????

Directors and senior managers are all being placed in NC2 upon arrival, as that is THE PROCESS.... Likewise, junior staff, graduates and entry level employees are in NC1, because they have waited for the unit availablity and are now situated here.
THIS IS THE WAY.
Old Mar 13th 2023, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

ChristineQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. Wondering if anyone has experience this year with having a marriage certificate attested? I need this done to send to my husband at Neom so that I can obtain the MOFA invite and actually commence my own iqama process. I'm getting mixed info everywhere I turn. If anyone can clarify that would be great. Here's what I think I need:
  • Apostille stamp (done)
  • Translated (in process of obtaining)
  • Notarised by legal service (haven't done yet - is this required?)
  • Attested by embassy (haven't done yet)
Then - once I have the invite letter & can start the visa process... I will need to do the usual ACRO, medical etc. But, will they accept a copy of my attested marriage certificate (because my original will have been posted to NEOM to obtain the initial invite letter). Any advice welcome.
Old Mar 14th 2023, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

kats83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All. Now that the policy is school enrolment is processed after accommodation is confirmed in NC1 and if that happens in between school year, does anyone know if the school enrol kids mid year then?
Old Mar 14th 2023, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kats83
Hi All. Now that the policy is school enrolment is processed after accommodation is confirmed in NC1 and if that happens in between school year, does anyone know if the school enrol kids mid year then?
Yes. I know some people who were able to enroll their kids half way through the year last year. Not sure if this is still the case though.
Old Mar 14th 2023, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam1980
Hi wiseman231,Thank you for your reply. My wife works here too and her package is around 120K. One child goes to school and the other to daycare. I don't have anything confirmed yet but obviously with the price of everything going up in Sydney, I am thinking about NEOM. I was thinking if I can get a package of 20K AUD per month (I know it sounds a lot) then I will go. We are still renting since many many years and have been saving a little bit but I dont see myself having a mortgage soon honestly. I still have huge debts due to some well known Aussie bad habits on horses (if you know what I mean, I am very sad about it though). My wife wants to continue her career so unless the money is worth it I wont take my family.I was approached by NEOM directly and I thought the interview would be with a local person but it is with a European/Western director.Cheers.
I think think 20K AUD is quite realistic for a manager role.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.