Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Dec 7th 2021, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Farhan28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Hi all,

It's been a couple of months since anyone has given any update on what's happening at NEOM. can anyone advise?

Anyone know more information on accommodation? I'm heading out there in a few months and NC1 I am told is full but expanding. And NC2 looks like student accommodation back in my uni days. Can anyone advise or send pictures? Ideally I think NC1 is the place to be at?

Last edited by Farhan28; Dec 7th 2021 at 7:41 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 4:16 am
Just Joined

mm23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Hi Farhan,
I am currently in the onboarding phase and I have been told by the onboarding team, that I will be based at the NC2 camp intially when I arrive in April and they will start looking for a spot in NC1 closer to when my family arrive in August. This is for both 1 bed or family 2 bed units.

Unfortunately, we are not getting any certainty about the accomodation, from the various teams (school, community management, onboarding, etc) that we have spoken to. This is the main sticking point for us and we are still undecided about this whole thing because of this. Just not sure how one can pack up family and kids without any certainty about the type of accomodation? I can't imagine a family of 4 staying comfortably in a one bed unit for an extended period.

Defintiely NC1 is the place to be, but I was told that even some very senior personnel are currently staying at NC2 due to the lack of accomodation at NC1.

Would love to hear from others...

Cheers.

Last edited by mm23; Dec 8th 2021 at 4:19 am.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mahesh123
Hi Farhan,
I am currently in the onboarding phase and I have been told by the onboarding team, that I will be based at the NC2 camp intially when I arrive in April and they will start looking for a spot in NC1 closer to when my family arrive in August. This is for both 1 bed or family 2 bed units.

Unfortunately, we are not getting any certainty about the accomodation, from the various teams (school, community management, onboarding, etc) that we have spoken to. This is the main sticking point for us and we are still undecided about this whole thing because of this. Just not sure how one can pack up family and kids without any certainty about the type of accomodation? I can't imagine a family of 4 staying comfortably in a one bed unit for an extended period.

Defintiely NC1 is the place to be, but I was told that even some very senior personnel are currently staying at NC2 due to the lack of accomodation at NC1.

Would love to hear from others...

Cheers.

Hi mahesh thanks for your reply. Yes exactly! Me too. I am very much in two minds now over the whole accommodation thing, and you can imagine the Mrs being even more worried. I Hve requested and got many pictures from HR and recruitment team but it just doesn't seem to be nice at all. I Don't think I'm expecting much? Wondering if anyone knows more about it who's already at NC2?

When did you get your offer letter or clear the background checks? I am just at that stage now, so wondering how long it took you as you said you're going in April?

Thanks
Old Dec 8th 2021, 8:00 am
Just Joined

My background check has just been completed today and onboarding have asked me to resign. But I can’t do that till I get some certainty regarding accomodation. You won’t get put in the NC1 housing queue till you enroll kids in school and the enrolment don’t open till January. It feels like the left hand doesn’t talk to the right hand.

The onboarding rep told me that the NC2 rooms are definitely not suitable for two people, let alone a family of 4 plus a dog in my case. He mentioned that people have been optimistic in the past, thinking that they could manage, but end up sending their family back because life as a non-single person is hard or near impossible at NC2. You have to take this seriously if that’s coming straight from Neom’s representative.

The project, role and package are all great and comparable to the likes of Aramco. I just wish they had sorted out the housing before they ask people to mobilise.

Last edited by mm23; Dec 8th 2021 at 8:02 am.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 8:14 am
Just Joined

My background check has just been completed today and onboarding have asked me to resign. But I can’t do that till I get some certainty regarding accomodation. You won’t get put in the NC1 housing queue till you enroll kids in school and the enrolment don’t open till January. It feels like the left hand doesn’t talk to the right hand.

The onboarding rep told me that the NC2 rooms are definitely not suitable for two people, let alone a family of 4 plus a dog in my case. He mentioned that people have been optimistic in the past, thinking that they could manage, but end up sending their family back because life as a non-single person is hard or near impossible at NC2. You have to take this seriously if that’s coming straight from Neom’s representative.

The project, role and package are all great and comparable to the likes of Aramco. I just wish they had sorted out the housing before they ask people to mobilise.
Yes I definitely agree with you. It just seems strange however it must obviously means that they are pumping money into to it to get people over there, and if they don't sort out the accommodation people will leave I guess. I have messaged a few people on Instagram who I know are living there. Most in NC2 are not happy with the whole arrangement.

I spoke with the HR team yesterday who said, even after extension of NC1, the priority will be given to people who have spent longest at NC2 (family first). So yes I am also in two minds, part of me wants to leave. Part of me thinks there is so much uncertainty about basic accommodation. There is no kitchen area or even a sitting area in NC2. It's just like a hotel room

How long did your background check take? Are they putting you on a business visa initially?
Old Dec 8th 2021, 8:34 am
Just Joined

I have heard the same about NC2. The 1.5 hour commute on top of the really long days will really hit me hard.

The background check took almost 3 weeks. They apply for business visa if you are expected to join asap, but if you have some time to go they apply for a work visa that will include your family.

I have a three month notice period in my current job, so they will apply for a work visa.

Overall it has been very stressful for me, while it really shouldn’t be that way. Me and my family would have been very excited if not for the accomodation situation.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 8:38 am
Just Joined

I have heard the same about NC2. The 1.5 hour commute on top of the really long days will really hit me hard.

The background check took almost 3 weeks. They apply for business visa if you are expected to join asap, but if you have some time to go they apply for a work visa that will include your family.

I have a three month notice period in my current job, so they will apply for a work visa.

Overall it has been very stressful for me, while it really shouldn’t be that way. Me and my family would have been very excited if not for the accomodation situation.
Wow 1.5 hours?? I didn't know about this. Again this is information neom team haven't told me

Are you direct with neom?
Old Dec 8th 2021, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Yes, I’m a direct hire. What about you?

NC2 is about 40-45 minutes each way, from NC1 I believe.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 9:57 am
Just Joined

I have PMd you
Old Dec 8th 2021, 2:23 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

New remote work locations.

Buyer beware and due diligence.....
Old Dec 8th 2021, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Nah, no more than 30 minutes.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
Nah, no more than 30 minutes.
good to know Trailing_Hubby . Are you at Neom currently? What has been you experience so far?
Old Dec 8th 2021, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Good. We are in NC1. It’s getting bigger all the time. Now the school is open there are loads of kids and it’s expanding significantly.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
Good. We are in NC1. It’s getting bigger all the time. Now the school is open there are loads of kids and it’s expanding significantly.
that’s great! Did you stay at NC2 initially before moving to NC1? I heard that the 2 bed family units are not getting delivered on time. Is that true?
Old Dec 9th 2021, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

No, straight into NC1. Don't know what timeline you heard on the 2 beds. A load opened up a couple of months ago when the school started, and there are some coming online this month and in the New Year.

Last edited by Trailing_Hubby; Dec 9th 2021 at 5:03 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.