Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Apr 20th 2023, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Ldn2Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Baghdadeya
I was informed it was all included in the allowance.. but didn’t get far enough to ask for the details. It was however included as a separate line item on top of the base salary they offered.
Cheers for the reply.
Old Apr 20th 2023, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nb750883
Is NEOM flexible with reconfiguring furniture in the 1-bedroom units in NC1? In an effort to avoid paying the 4k SAR per month fee for a 2-bedroom, could we opt to have 2 single beds in one room (for two young children) and add a larger bed in the family room for the parents (removing the sofa altogether)?
An interesting idea - not sure how that would go down though. The two beds are there for families, but foregoing one for financial reasons means that someone else misses out on accommodation they might otherwise been entitled to.

I’m sure I’ve heard on the onboarding calls that they don’t like you moving furniture etc out of the rooms as it’s all so fluid, it then makes it more difficult to put back the way it should be. Also worth considering what living like that with a family would be like long term - essentially sleeping in your kitchen/diner without anywhere to really eat together? It may have already been done - who knows.
Old Apr 20th 2023, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

nb750883 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diplo
An interesting idea - not sure how that would go down though. The two beds are there for families, but foregoing one for financial reasons means that someone else misses out on accommodation they might otherwise been entitled to.

I’m sure I’ve heard on the onboarding calls that they don’t like you moving furniture etc out of the rooms as it’s all so fluid, it then makes it more difficult to put back the way it should be. Also worth considering what living like that with a family would be like long term - essentially sleeping in your kitchen/diner without anywhere to really eat together? It may have already been done - who knows.
Diplo - That’s really good insight. Yeah, I figured they would want to keep the furniture put as there’s probably nowhere else to store it. Perhaps paying 4k SAR extra per month might be worth my sanity (and privacy) after all!

Unrelated questions:

1) ONBOARDING CALL. I’ve signed my written offer letter and completed my background check. I’m assuming my onboarding call is imminent? I’m also assuming things have slowed down this week due to the Eid holiday.

2) EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT. Is the employment contract that you need to submit with your visa application a much more detailed multi-page document? Or do they only need that 4-page signed written offer letter?

Last edited by nb750883; Apr 20th 2023 at 11:37 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2023, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

Diplo - That’s really good insight. Yeah, I figured they would want to keep the furniture put as there’s probably nowhere else to store it. Perhaps paying 4k SAR extra per month might be worth my sanity (and privacy) after all!

Unrelated questions:

1) ONBOARDING CALL. I’ve signed my written offer letter and completed my background check. I’m assuming my onboarding call is imminent? I’m also assuming things have slowed down this week due to the Eid holiday.

2) EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT. Is the employment contract that you need to submit with your visa application a much more detailed multi-page document? Or do they only need that 4-page signed written offer letter?
It may be a moot point for now though to be honest as the last I heard was that there is no family accommodation at all and that school entrances have been frozen until at least Q2 24 when more two bed units should be built. The ONLY accommodation people are getting at the moment are small studio rooms in NC2 (small double bed, fridge, microwave, one chair and en-suite shower room). Onboarding have been saying for a few weeks now that people shouldn’t bring families until the school/accommodation issues are sorted next year as there simply isn’t room.

For the other questions:

1. Normally once you’ve signed the offer, the next stage is a call with the onboarder for your division who will go though loads of things. Have you completed the background check via HireRight? Normally it’s the onboarding team that kick that off after the initial call, so it’d be odd for you to have completed that without having had the call. Have you been sent links to KissFlow and Talmundo yet? Talmundo doesn’t give much, but in KissFlow you can look at the stages of the whole onboarding process and see where exactly in the things are.

2. You need the full contract in Arabic (a copy of the one you’ll sign on arrival) for your visa. Your onboarder will provide this along with some other paperwork (depending what country you’re coming from) that will all have to be submitted to get the visa. They don’t need the offer letter - when you do get the contract though, it’s worth double checking that everything matches the offer letter. Mine was fine but some people have noted discrepancies. The contract is ultimately king.
Old Apr 21st 2023, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Ldn2Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know what the accommodation, infrastructure and schooling etc is like for the Trojena project? Guessing there’s nothing there yet. Realised being a complete noob, how far away Trojena is from the other camps, so assuming Trojena will have something if the jobs are site based, or does everyone working on Trojena live in NC1 or 2?
Old Apr 21st 2023, 6:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Diplo
It may be a moot point for now though to be honest as the last I heard was that there is no family accommodation at all and that school entrances have been frozen until at least Q2 24 when more two bed units should be built. The ONLY accommodation people are getting at the moment are small studio rooms in NC2 (small double bed, fridge, microwave, one chair and en-suite shower room). Onboarding have been saying for a few weeks now that people shouldn’t bring families until the school/accommodation issues are sorted next year as there simply isn’t room.

For the other questions:

1. Normally once you’ve signed the offer, the next stage is a call with the onboarder for your division who will go though loads of things. Have you completed the background check via HireRight? Normally it’s the onboarding team that kick that off after the initial call, so it’d be odd for you to have completed that without having had the call. Have you been sent links to KissFlow and Talmundo yet? Talmundo doesn’t give much, but in KissFlow you can look at the stages of the whole onboarding process and see where exactly in the things are.

2. You need the full contract in Arabic (a copy of the one you’ll sign on arrival) for your visa. Your onboarder will provide this along with some other paperwork (depending what country you’re coming from) that will all have to be submitted to get the visa. They don’t need the offer letter - when you do get the contract though, it’s worth double checking that everything matches the offer letter. Mine was fine but some people have noted discrepancies. The contract is ultimately king.
@Diplo - Thanks again! Yeah, I’ve heard the same about the expected delays in family accommodation and community school admission. Our contingency is to place the spouse and kids in Jeddah for a year or whenever the NC1 housing/school becomes available. This will require us to spend money on housing etc in Jeddah, but I think it’ll be worth it to see my kids on the weekends.

1) I think my process might be slightly out of order. My offer is accepted/signed as of a week ago and my HireRight shows as complete and submitted to NEOM. I have not received links for Kissflow or Talmundo yet.

2) Ok, understood. That’s what I assumed with regards to the full contract requirement. Looks like I just have to wait patiently for the remaining documents to come.
Old Apr 21st 2023, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Good point for all on Eid holiday. Everything is closed until 30 April.
Things will probably be a little slow the week after as well since many are still on holiday and the people coming back were probably on holiday last week. So if you’re waiting for docs, have patience.
Old Apr 21st 2023, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Aschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond repute

nb750883, check your Spam Inbox, I received my Kissflow link there.
Old Apr 21st 2023, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Aschia
nb750883, check your Spam Inbox, I received my Kissflow link there.
Aschia - Thanks for the tip. I’ve been checking both Inbox and Spam folders. Like others have said, things tend to slow down during Eid, so will just patiently wait.
Old Apr 22nd 2023, 10:56 am
Just Joined

smarties07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Re: NC-1 / NC-2, can one rent to live there even if not hired by NEOM directly (hired by partner company / service provider who has a contract with NEOM)? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.
Old Apr 22nd 2023, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smarties07
Hi everyone,

Re: NC-1 / NC-2, can one rent to live there even if not hired by NEOM directly (hired by partner company / service provider who has a contract with NEOM)? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.
No. Any Neom housing has to be assigned by the company.
Old Apr 24th 2023, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Ottawa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if this is the right thread to post this question on, but I’m curious how people are liking the work and life at Neom.

How’s the overall culture? I know it depends on the division and team.

Anyone living in Neom and waiting for a larger apartment to bring their spouse and kids?

Are people flying locally bi-monthly? I know it’s offered as part of the package but where do people go and do?

How often do you go to Aqaba?

I’ve worked a camp job and my days were 10-11 hours of work, gym, eat, sleep, and repeat. Is it the same for anyone currently at Neom?

A lot of questions I know, but would appreciate some responses.

Thanks!
Old Apr 26th 2023, 3:32 am
Just Joined

For those with families, it seems the direction from onboarding is to come out to NEOM alone first and then wait for school slots / family units to open up (maybe a year from now, maybe longer) then bring the rest of the family out.

When that time comes, will NEOM book flights for the rest of the family from point of origin to NEOM? Or will they just give a lump sum payment and the employee books the tickets themselves?
Old Apr 27th 2023, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ottawa
Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if this is the right thread to post this question on, but I’m curious how people are liking the work and life at Neom.

How’s the overall culture? I know it depends on the division and team. You're right. It depends on the team and sometimes your manager. On the whole, things move quickly and there are a lot of dealines to meet, so if you can deal with time pressure and be flexible, you'll be fine.

Anyone living in Neom and waiting for a larger apartment to bring their spouse and kids? Many are.

Are people flying locally bi-monthly? I know it’s offered as part of the package but where do people go and do? The free flights are to Riyadh, Jedda and Dammam. Since they are cities, there are more things going on there. You can also grab a taxi from Dammam and go to Bahrain for the weekend if you want to have some wine with your dinner.

How often do you go to Aqaba? Someone always seems to be going. There are some chat groups you can use to find out. Just ask when you get here.

I’ve worked a camp job and my days were 10-11 hours of work, gym, eat, sleep, and repeat. Is it the same for anyone currently at Neom? That sounds about right. The hours may vary depending on what youre working on.

A lot of questions I know, but would appreciate some responses. No worries. This is the place to ask.

Thanks!
Answers in red.
Old Apr 30th 2023, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

JR1900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unrelated questions:

I am at the same stage. Background check completed and waiting a call from the onboarding team. Have you been already contacted by the onboarding team?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.