Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Oct 30th 2022, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by kikwok
Yes I did air shipment using Santa Fe from Singapore. It still takes a long time because there were many processes in between and I have to wait for the local agent to contact me which was actually the longest wait. You will have to come over first. Best to have a local colleague who can communicate in Arabic to help you to liaise with the local agent. Only when all the local importing permit and process are completed then your DHL / SF shipment co can make the air shipment. It is a pain but unfortunately that's what i have gone thru. On hind sight I would have just brought most on my flight here and not to be bother with shipping stuff over. I hope I make sense to you. Good luck.
yep we looked at this - and the cost of shipping just from Dubai was prohibitive, we expect a few trips back and forth to the UAE over the next few months so will go back with an empty suitcase or bring a box or two on the flight each time.
Old Oct 30th 2022, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

marinaRE is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Yes I did air shipment using Santa Fe from Singapore. It still takes a long time because there were many processes in between and I have to wait for the local agent to contact me which was actually the longest wait. You will have to come over first. Best to have a local colleague who can communicate in Arabic to help you to liaise with the local agent. Only when all the local importing permit and process are completed then your DHL / SF shipment co can make the air shipment. It is a pain but unfortunately that's what i have gone thru. On hind sight I would have just brought most on my flight here and not to be bother with shipping stuff over. I hope I make sense to you. Good luck.
Hello [kikwokQUOTE][/QUOTE],
I am from SG, and approached by headhunter early September 2022. I have done much research, and is excited of the job opportunity and family relocation with 2 kids (1 & 3yr old) to Neom. I have sent in my resume, bank slips, and have been waiting for headhunter's arrangement for formal interview from Neom.
Last on my follow up, I understand the current hiring has slowed down due to overspent on recruitment budget, and everything is on hold currently, many candidates who have had interviews are still awaiting offers, do you know if that is so on the ground OR ?
It seems like you are at Neom now, I understand from Headhunter that Neom's plan is to onboard 3000 new workforce next year, is there any information indicatively which months will the hire pick up again and things may move faster since it is for most working towards year end?
Old Oct 31st 2022, 8:41 am
Just Joined

kikwok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marinaRE
Hello [kikwokQUOTE]
I am from SG, and approached by headhunter early September 2022. I have done much research, and is excited of the job opportunity and family relocation with 2 kids (1 & 3yr old) to Neom. I have sent in my resume, bank slips, and have been waiting for headhunter's arrangement for formal interview from Neom.
Last on my follow up, I understand the current hiring has slowed down due to overspent on recruitment budget, and everything is on hold currently, many candidates who have had interviews are still awaiting offers, do you know if that is so on the ground OR ?
It seems like you are at Neom now, I understand from Headhunter that Neom's plan is to onboard 3000 new workforce next year, is there any information indicatively which months will the hire pick up again and things may move faster since it is for most working towards year end?[/QUOTE]
It is not slow down. It is a headcount freeze for all planned hiring. Also there's a lack of space in the school so for family relocation, it will have to be at least a year before you may be able to do that even if you have secured a position.
Old Oct 31st 2022, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Also there's a lack of space in the school so for family relocation, it will have to be at least a year before you may be able to do that even if you have secured a position.
I think this will be a major issue, My daughter was given a place in the school back in August ahead of joining in December and they seem to contact us weekly to ask if she will still be coming then as they want to give her place away (She is in one of the older years which was empty back in August, but obviously is much more full now.)

They are moving to the new school building next month but it seems that even this hasn't fixed the over crowding issue.
Old Oct 31st 2022, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

marinaRE is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for that quick note~!
Old Oct 31st 2022, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

AnnieM19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I will be joining NEOM soon, currently awaiting degree attestation to be complete before I get my visa.

my husband joined NEOM 4 months ago and I interviewed separately and received a job too.

We have been told only one of us will receive the relocation allowance, has anyone else experienced this?

Also has anyone recently been through the visa process from the Uk? How long did it take?

Old Oct 31st 2022, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

CivilEng94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone got an offer letter recently? I know a lot of people have been waiting but was curious if they are waiting til after the new year to send out offer letters or not?
Old Oct 31st 2022, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AnnieM19
Hi all,

I will be joining NEOM soon, currently awaiting degree attestation to be complete before I get my visa.

my husband joined NEOM 4 months ago and I interviewed separately and received a job too.

We have been told only one of us will receive the relocation allowance, has anyone else experienced this?

Also has anyone recently been through the visa process from the Uk? How long did it take?
I was told by others at least 2 months for the via process. Isn't the degree attestation and the visa done by the same company?
Old Oct 31st 2022, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Yes it is all going through the same agency, I was told 3 months for the full process and they told me
to submit my notice at my current job so I did but now my notice period has ended and still no news on the visa.
Old Oct 31st 2022, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it is all going through the same agency, I was told 3 months for the full process and they told me
to submit my notice at my current job so I did but now my notice period has ended and still no news on the visa.
My visa was completed today. Start to finish just about 2 months.
Old Oct 31st 2022, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JDM5AM
My visa was completed today. Start to finish just about 2 months.
Thanks for this, was it from the UK? I am currently doing mine with A1 agency but they seem very slow with everything.
Old Oct 31st 2022, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for this, was it from the UK? I am currently doing mine with A1 agency but they seem very slow with everything.
Yes A1 organised the whole thing; degree attestation, medical, Saudi embassy stamp etc.

Could have been speeded up but I booked the medical for a time that was convenient to me around my current work.

The longest part of the process was getting the NEOM contract attested by the Chamber of Commerce and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the NEOM Work Visa & Power of Attorney number, and the NEOM Commercial Registration.

From accepting the offer and starting the process, it was about 7 weeks until I received those documents.
Old Oct 31st 2022, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JDM5AM
Yes A1 organised the whole thing; degree attestation, medical, Saudi embassy stamp etc.

Could have been speeded up but I booked the medical for a time that was convenient to me around my current work.

The longest part of the process was getting the NEOM contract attested by the Chamber of Commerce and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the NEOM Work Visa & Power of Attorney number, and the NEOM Commercial Registration.

From accepting the offer and starting the process, it was about 7 weeks until I received those documents.
ah okay, I got all those documents pretty quickly, I am
currently 8 weeks in to the process but my degree attestation from my university was only submitted last week, I have had my medical and completed my police check. A1 keep telling me my degree is currently stuck at UKSACB and they can’t give a time frame on that.

do you mind me asking what the total cost was at the end? I have paid A1 around £300 so far.
Old Oct 31st 2022, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

currently 8 weeks in to the process but my degree attestation from my university was only submitted last week, I have had my medical and completed my police check. A1 keep telling me my degree is currently stuck at UKSACB and they can’t give a time frame on that.

do you mind me asking what the total cost was at the end? I have paid A1 around £300 so far.
are these services paid separately or all together? I was told from the USA it is $2,000 for the visa and $250 for the degree. I am not that far yet but that is what some people told me
Old Oct 31st 2022, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

My degree attestation was completed first. Took about a week from getting the education support letter from Neom to getting my University to attest.

Police check was done simultaneously and then once they were done I booked the medical.

Total cost ended up just about £1k.

It’s a bit expensive for what it is. Money for old rope really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.