Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Nov 5th 2022, 11:25 am
Just Joined

desertsands is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by AnnieM19
Hi, no they don’t I’m afraid. Laundry services will return your clothes ironed but you won’t be provided your own iron and board in NC2. You may be able
to request one though as I know NC1 apartments have them.
Thanks for the info. I guess no clothes hangers either?
Old Nov 5th 2022, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

What are the steps after the offer letter?
Old Nov 5th 2022, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

AnnieM19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by desertsands
Thanks for the info. I guess no clothes hangers either?

No, but again laundry service give you all your clothes back on hangers so eventually you end up with far too many hangers.
Old Nov 5th 2022, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

desertsands is an unknown quantity at this point

No, but again laundry service give you all your clothes back on hangers so eventually you end up with far too many hangers.
Cheers!
Old Nov 6th 2022, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

CivilEng94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello ,

are they still requiring everyone to be vaccinated? No one told me anything about it, but I am not vaccinated. Will I need to take the vaccine for covid before coming or is it something no one’s asks about any more?

thank you
Old Nov 6th 2022, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CivilEng94
Hello ,

are they still requiring everyone to be vaccinated? No one told me anything about it, but I am not vaccinated. Will I need to take the vaccine for covid before coming or is it something no one’s asks about any more?

thank you
Currently no, but if they bring back the same restrictions you will need to be. There's an app that you had to show to get into shops, airports, offices etc for which you need to be fully vaccinated. Not looking like this will be brought back in at the moment but if they did and you have to go through the two shot timescale that will be painful.
Old Nov 6th 2022, 12:59 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CivilEng94
Question about bring in family, I was told by someone that the process is I would go there on a work visa and then after one month get an Iqama, and after I get the Iqama I can apply for my family to come and that process takes 3-6 month.

Is that true? has anyone experienced that?
Just be aware that the timescale on all of that is made up

There is no reason why your Iqama can't be issued within your first week.

After that the new online system for bringing your dependants is also quick, as it's always been.

Last edited by nonthaburi; Nov 6th 2022 at 1:02 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2022, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Just be aware that the timescale on all of that is made up

There is no reason why your Iqama can't be issued within your first week.

After that the new online system for bringing your dependents is also quick, as it's always been.
Depending on what Visa you arrive on (Business vs Work) the difference in timing for your Iqama can be significant (week vs months).

?? Bringing dependents has not always been quick at all. I did it in August, and the process commenced in March. The online system does not speed up the process in your own country with the work your visa agency has to do.

Old Nov 7th 2022, 6:12 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Depending on what Visa you arrive on (Business vs Work) the difference in timing for your Iqama can be significant (week vs months).

?? Bringing dependents has not always been quick at all. I did it in August, and the process commenced in March. The online system does not speed up the process in your own country with the work your visa agency has to do.
The post I referred to mentioned coming on a work visa, there is no reason for the iqama to take a long time after arriving with this.

If it does it is down to the company.

As for the dependents, done this a few times over the years, and if you're familiar with the process you can prepare things in advance so that it doesn't take so long, and by this I mean the things in the home country.

After the worker has his iqama, it shouldn't take more than a few days from the original submission online, to the company stamping the submission at the Saudi Chamber of Commerce, to the final approval. And after that only a few days to get the visa in the home country.
Old Nov 7th 2022, 8:23 am
Just Joined

TheScotts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my husband is currently at the HR stage to receive a offer, we have been thinking since he was approached & feel we would do the more as a family rather than him go alone. We are thinking we would stay off site find a expat compound a bit more established so we can have a spare room for family to visit. My children are 13 & 9 my main concern is how they will adjust especially my eldest (how any one with experience got any advance) also i think we would like send them to The British Internation School Riyadh (after having a little look online) has anyone done this is it far from Neom? Any advance would be welcomed he is currently year 9 so a difficult time to more. We have already decided my husband would go ahead of us to get settled & until both boys get a place in schools so expected this could take 6-12 months.
How often can my husband come home to visit while we are separated?

Sorry thats a lot of questions i know. X
Old Nov 7th 2022, 10:07 am
IMR
Just Joined

IMR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
If a spouse is employed through the spouse employment program, there is a capped salary.
Hi, my husband has been offered a job in Neom and I am considering going with him. I am a trainee solicitor in London so wanted to know if I can find something in NEOM and how much they pay? Thanks
Old Nov 7th 2022, 10:43 am
Just Joined

AnnieM19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheScotts
Hi, my husband is currently at the HR stage to receive a offer, we have been thinking since he was approached & feel we would do the more as a family rather than him go alone. We are thinking we would stay off site find a expat compound a bit more established so we can have a spare room for family to visit. My children are 13 & 9 my main concern is how they will adjust especially my eldest (how any one with experience got any advance) also i think we would like send them to The British Internation School Riyadh (after having a little look online) has anyone done this is it far from Neom? Any advance would be welcomed he is currently year 9 so a difficult time to more. We have already decided my husband would go ahead of us to get settled & until both boys get a place in schools so expected this could take 6-12 months.
How often can my husband come home to visit while we are separated?

Sorry thats a lot of questions i know. X

Hi, I don’t have experience of moving children over etc but there definitely are people in the same boat. Some answers I can help with though:

- Riyadh is a short flight from NEOM, employees can get 2 flights a month to visit Riyadh but it isn’t something you can do as a daily commute.

- There is a NEOM office in Riyadh but they have limited sectors working there.

- NEOM will give your husband one flight home and will give you and your children one flight to visit him per annum. The rest would need to be self funded and annual leave, my husband and I did long distance for about 6 months and managed to meet around every 6 weeks.
Old Nov 7th 2022, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Hi, I don’t have experience of moving children over etc but there definitely are people in the same boat. Some answers I can help with though:

- Riyadh is a short flight from NEOM, employees can get 2 flights a month to visit Riyadh but it isn’t something you can do as a daily commute.

- NEOM will give your husband one flight home and will give you and your children one flight to visit him per annum. The rest would need to be self funded and annual leave, my husband and I did long distance for about 6 months and managed to meet around every 6 weeks.
Thank you, are you in the UK? How much are the flights? Im i correct in believing they give staff 2 local flights a month? To say Dubai? Thinking while im waiting to go over we could meet my husband there during half terms?
Old Nov 7th 2022, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Also where is Neom located then please so i can look for local schools & housing?
Thank you
Old Nov 7th 2022, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TheScotts
Also where is Neom located then please so i can look for local schools & housing?
Thank you
Sorry my mistake the school is in Jeddah is that doable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.