NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old May 24th 2022, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Gulf_European
Is this true? Man, that sucks!
When is the salary date usually? Last working day of the month?
Yeah, its true. Salary is paid on 25th of every month.
Old May 24th 2022, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Anshjo3
Hello everyone,

My husband has recently joined Neom and our son and I are expected to join him this coming August. My husband has finally got his Iqama and our son's place in school is confirmed, so it's looking like we are well on-time for our move. I would be grateful if anyone can help us with these questions:

1. Husband is NC2 since January 2022. Is it reasonable to expect that he will be transferred to NC1 prior to our arrival (August). Nobody knows, I arrived in February and setting September as my expectation.
2. Has anyone used any logistics company from Dubai? We have some valuable sports and personal equipment that we would like to ship.
3. Has anyone able to bring their car from UAE to Neom?
4. What are your thoughts about having your own car? Is it expensive to buy or rent? No real need for this, there are pool cars to use. I know a few people who have brought their cars from Riyadh etc and they never use them. I would imagine after settling in and initial exploring you maybe would use the car once or twice a month max.
5. For those families with younger children, how is it like for the kids to live in NC1? Will it be reasonable for us to hope that this can be our home for at least 3+ years or do families leave after short period of time?
6. For families with both working parents, how do you deal with child-sitting, in case of sickness or school holidays?
7. What is your general feeling about job security? Does Neom have high turnovers or rounds of lay-offs every now and then? Nobody has left our sector in the last year apparently, I cant speak for the rest of NEOM.
8. Can I, as a wife, find a job at Neom. I have a fairly diversed 10+ years experience in administration and logistics industry? There is a program setup to employ spouses. Outside of this program, we have a husband and wife working here who secured their roles individually.

Thanks in advance.
See responses I can answer above.
Old May 24th 2022, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience about negotiating a higher salary. Got a written offer from NEOM, which did not even provide a 20% bump (it was around 5% and only 30K in relocation allowance to come from overseas). Talked to HR to confirm whether this was an oversight. They said not to sign that offer, because they would update it. This was pre-EID. So, today, a month later, they reverted back offering to hire me as a contractor with a slightly higher salary to speed up the process... lol I am a bit confused as to what has happened. I was told there are a lot of SMPs being hired now, who later transition to FTEs, and that there almost no difference in benefits etc. Has anybody heard about this or experienced something similar?
Old May 24th 2022, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chrisreak
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience about negotiating a higher salary. Got a written offer from NEOM, which did not even provide a 20% bump (it was around 5% and only 30K in relocation allowance to come from overseas). Talked to HR to confirm whether this was an oversight. They said not to sign that offer, because they would update it. This was pre-EID. So, today, a month later, they reverted back offering to hire me as a contractor with a slightly higher salary to speed up the process... lol I am a bit confused as to what has happened. I was told there are a lot of SMPs being hired now, who later transition to FTEs, and that there almost no difference in benefits etc. Has anybody heard about this or experienced something similar?
I wont go into details but push for NEOM direct, trust me.
Old May 24th 2022, 2:45 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Best thing in that was the Hammers scarf! 😆
Old May 24th 2022, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Tekdxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

My husband has recently joined Neom and our son and I are expected to join him this coming August. My husband has finally got his Iqama and our son's place in school is confirmed, so it's looking like we are well on-time for our move. I would be grateful if anyone can help us with these questions:

1. Husband is NC2 since January 2022. Is it reasonable to expect that he will be transferred to NC1 prior to our arrival (August).
2. Has anyone used any logistics company from Dubai? We have some valuable sports and personal equipment that we would like to ship.
3. Has anyone able to bring their car from UAE to Neom?
4. What are your thoughts about having your own car? Is it expensive to buy or rent?
5. For those families with younger children, how is it like for the kids to live in NC1? Will it be reasonable for us to hope that this can be our home for at least 3+ years or do families leave after short period of time?
6. For families with both working parents, how do you deal with child-sitting, in case of sickness or school holidays?
7. What is your general feeling about job security? Does Neom have high turnovers or rounds of lay-offs every now and then?
8. Can I, as a wife, find a job at Neom. I have a fairly diversed 10+ years experience in administration and logistics industry?

Thanks in advance.
hello! Since when are you on the waiting list for the Nc1 family cabin and since when are your kids enrolled at Neom community school?

Old May 24th 2022, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Hahaha
⚒️
Old May 24th 2022, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tekdxb
hello! Since when are you on the waiting list for the Nc1 family cabin and since when are your kids enrolled at Neom community school?
We had confirmation that my daughter was enrolled in the school 4 months ago. Before I even left Australia.
I am on the waiting list for family accommodation as with everyone else who also have childen enrolled in the school for the new year commencing 23 August.
Old May 25th 2022, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Watched them get battered at the weekend
Old May 25th 2022, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Anshjo3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the responses, much appreciated.

My husband has heard some feedback, that NEOM put salary cap on spouses' salaries, regardless of job role. Is that true? Thanks again.
Old May 25th 2022, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Hash is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it true the recruitment now is slow for NEOM?

have not heard from actually two of the principal contractors (big consultancy firms) although the engagement from the beginning was promising. But now, a week later, silent!!

Old May 25th 2022, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for the responses, much appreciated.

My husband has heard some feedback, that NEOM put salary cap on spouses' salaries, regardless of job role. Is that true? Thanks again.
If a spouse is employed through the spouse employment program, there is a capped salary.
Old May 25th 2022, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Alkatraz777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hash
Is it true the recruitment now is slow for NEOM?

have not heard from actually two of the principal contractors (big consultancy firms) although the engagement from the beginning was promising. But now, a week later, silent!!
I have the same situation as yours. No response from consultant company for the final interview with NEOM. 10 days passed and still no reply.
Old May 25th 2022, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

When people are mentioning consultant company, do you mean recruitment agencies?
Old May 25th 2022, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Alkatraz777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
When people are mentioning consultant company, do you mean recruitment agencies?
This consulting company hires me for NEOM project. And now I am awaiting final intervew with NEOM.

By the way, which position are you targeting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.