Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old May 23rd 2022, 10:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by katy611
Thanks for the advice on this, my main concern is that my dog will disturb my neighbours in a studio, but if Neom don't take that into consideration then I suppose my only options are not to take the job or hope that the disturbance isn't too bad.
Is it really bad? Most people will understand a dog barking if the doorbell goes etc. But if it's constant barking then a dog behaviouralist maybe? If you could get some help with it before you go, it might mean you don't need to worry.
Old May 23rd 2022, 11:20 am
Just Joined

westie17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by menaadventure
One question to someone who did their medical tests in Dubai (UAE) - can you advise which clinic you did?

I finished background check and degree attestation, but want to first do the medical check before resign, just to be 100% sure

But as everyone complains onboarding team is really difficult to get hold of, and the agency insists they need some more documents from NEOM to start the process. So before all that, if I can get the medical checks done then I can resign with the peace of mind. TIA in case anyone can help me on this!
Is it possible to do the medical in Dubai? Can you explain the process you went through for attestation etc?

I am expecting an offer soon from a PIF entity and thought that the medical and visa had to be completed in home country, in my case UK, yet I am currently based in Dubai. I would also rather complete the process prior to resigning, so would like to understand if it possible to do it all from Dubai.
Old May 23rd 2022, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

The flights to Dubai would be fantastic, can i ask how certain this is? As I know that the project has been faced with a lot of delays. Any update on when they will start flying further internationally ie to the UK? I assumed this would be their last priority as what's the point in introducing international flights until the area is actually up and running as a tourist destination, but hopefully I'm wrong!

https://www.arabnews.com/node/2087711/business-economy

Flights to Dubai confirmed today commencing end of June. LHR to follow shorlty after.....
Old May 23rd 2022, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the advice on this, my main concern is that my dog will disturb my neighbours in a studio, but if Neom don't take that into consideration then I suppose my only options are not to take the job or hope that the disturbance isn't too bad.
Did I read right - you’ve been offered an NC2 studio and you want to bring your other half and dog?
Without having visited NC2 myself and based on what I’ve heard, yes, the barking would probably ruffle feathers. I’ve been told numerous times that the walls are very thin and you can hear your neighbour’s phone conversations. Walls are thin because these are temporary structures meant to accommodate staff for a few years before being replaced by something permanent.
Old May 23rd 2022, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

katy611 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well yes, its meaning is fairly obvious.
I thought this board was to help each other as fellow newcomers by providing guidance and advice, which I will hopefully be able to do for others when I'm on the ground.
I informed the onboarding team during my meeting that I hopes to bring my dog (that barks at doorbells etc) to the studio and she encouraged me to do so and informed me that there are a lot of dogs in the studios at the moment. I was also advised that the waiting time for an nc1 villa is 3-6 months.
Old May 23rd 2022, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Is it really bad? Most people will understand a dog barking if the doorbell goes etc. But if it's constant barking then a dog behaviouralist maybe? If you could get some help with it before you go, it might mean you don't need to worry.
Thanks for the advice, i'm looking into it now!
Old May 23rd 2022, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Well yes, its meaning is fairly obvious.
I thought this board was to help each other as fellow newcomers by providing guidance and advice, which I will hopefully be able to do for others when I'm on the ground.
I informed the onboarding team during my meeting that I hopes to bring my dog (that barks at doorbells etc) to the studio and she encouraged me to do so and informed me that there are a lot of dogs in the studios at the moment. I was also advised that the waiting time for an nc1 villa is 3-6 months.
You’re not being attacked - you’re being told what the reality is wrt current housing setup. Advice - be extra nice to your neighbours to make up for the dog barking. Or ask to be housed next to other dog owners.
Otherwise - take all other advice wrt timelines with a pinch of salt.
Old May 23rd 2022, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in NC2 and if someone moved in next door to me with a dog that barks I wouldnt be too happy!
Old May 23rd 2022, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
You’re not being attacked - you’re being told what the reality is wrt current housing setup. Advice - be extra nice to your neighbours to make up for the dog barking. Or ask to be housed next to other dog owners.
Otherwise - take all other advice wrt timelines with a pinch of salt.
okay, I appreciate it. The onboarding team actually said that if my dog is too annoying I might end up being moved sooner than expected, I suppose that's a small benefit! Does anyone on the board have any idea if there are dog daycare facilities (I assume organised my employees themselves!) as leaving a dog in a tiny studio all day would be really rough
Old May 23rd 2022, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

The onboarding team actually said that if my dog is too annoying I might end up being moved sooner than expected,
I may have to bring my dog across sooner than planned then!
Old May 23rd 2022, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Claud123
Hi I'm also Australian currently living in Bahrain also have accepted offer at Neom as a Project Manger in the development department. I'm in the process of just signing contract and start back ground check. Just a question which attestation agent did you use in Sydney or Canberra where the Saudi embassy is located ?

CLS in Canberra did my visa and attestation of documents. Did everything in about 4 weeks. Good service, but needs a bit of pushing every now and then to keep on top of things for you.

They are doing my family visas now for my wife and daughter. I wouldn’t have gone back to them if I didn’t think they had done a good job the first time.

Good luck going forward with the rest of your process mate..
Old May 23rd 2022, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
Are these in the main communities? I didn't know there were different cabin types? I thought they were only different by number of rooms?
NC2
Old May 23rd 2022, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

as002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I had an initial discussion yesterday with an external consultant who confirmed that school is NOT available for ages 15+.

I'd appreciate any info on whether they are planning to add 15+ classes (... and maybe the start date ),

and what are the options until then.

thanks

Old May 24th 2022, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Anshjo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Hello everyone,

My husband has recently joined Neom and our son and I are expected to join him this coming August. My husband has finally got his Iqama and our son's place in school is confirmed, so it's looking like we are well on-time for our move. I would be grateful if anyone can help us with these questions:

1. Husband is NC2 since January 2022. Is it reasonable to expect that he will be transferred to NC1 prior to our arrival (August).
2. Has anyone used any logistics company from Dubai? We have some valuable sports and personal equipment that we would like to ship.
3. Has anyone able to bring their car from UAE to Neom?
4. What are your thoughts about having your own car? Is it expensive to buy or rent?
5. For those families with younger children, how is it like for the kids to live in NC1? Will it be reasonable for us to hope that this can be our home for at least 3+ years or do families leave after short period of time?
6. For families with both working parents, how do you deal with child-sitting, in case of sickness or school holidays?
7. What is your general feeling about job security? Does Neom have high turnovers or rounds of lay-offs every now and then?
8. Can I, as a wife, find a job at Neom. I have a fairly diversed 10+ years experience in administration and logistics industry?

Thanks in advance.

Old May 24th 2022, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
If you arrive after the 14th of any month, then you will have to wait until the end of the following month to receive it..
Is this true? Man, that sucks!
When is the salary date usually? Last working day of the month?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.