Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Nov 10th 2022, 8:44 am
Just Joined

TheGman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi All - does anyone know if there are spa/physio facilities on camp or nearby?
Old Nov 10th 2022, 9:25 am
Just Joined

AnnieM19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheGman
Hi All - does anyone know if there are spa/physio facilities on camp or nearby?
hey, the gyms have a sauna and there is a salon which offers mani/pedis, haircuts and massages, there is a doctors clinic and hospital but not sure about physio
Old Nov 10th 2022, 10:33 am
Just Joined

greenSky is an unknown quantity at this point

For housing do we have the option to choose between NC2 an OXAGON. How is the unit assign is happening? Thnaks
Old Nov 10th 2022, 11:29 pm
GNK
Just Joined

GNK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wanderingexpat
I am trying to pack light. Please does anyone know if the accommodation in NC2/NC1 have towels?
They provide bath towels twice a week, gym towels in the gym and pool towels by the pool as required. No need to bring towels except if you want to go to the beach where towels are not provided.
Old Nov 11th 2022, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

great idea. Lots of people have families in riyadh jeddah or even aqaba and Bahrain.

better doing this and getting here sooner than wait for two beds at nc1. Schools are decent.

Originally Posted by TheScotts
Hi, my husband is currently at the HR stage to receive a offer, we have been thinking since he was approached & feel we would do the more as a family rather than him go alone. We are thinking we would stay off site find a expat compound a bit more established so we can have a spare room for family to visit. My children are 13 & 9 my main concern is how they will adjust especially my eldest (how any one with experience got any advance) also i think we would like send them to The British Internation School Riyadh (after having a little look online) has anyone done this is it far from Neom? Any advance would be welcomed he is currently year 9 so a difficult time to more. We have already decided my husband would go ahead of us to get settled & until both boys get a place in schools so expected this could take 6-12 months.
How often can my husband come home to visit while we are separated?

Sorry thats a lot of questions i know. X
Old Nov 11th 2022, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Hey all,

as a brief update I’ve been here for over three months now and honestly the hardest part and biggest leap of faith is getting here. Once you’re here and settled, hard not to be very grateful.

The community is fantastic and it doesn’t really feel like You’re working in the middle of nowhere. Feels more like an office like you would find in any country. There are of course downfalls to everything but there are limited. Food gets a bit boring after a while but then just get your wallet out and enjoy a lovely
sronebaked pizza and or a cheeseburger. Plenty of options if you pay and the buffet is decent and free but good
to have a change.

the units are grand and I’ve stayed in much worse studios in London. Weather is lovely. The work is good and the benefits are strong

as I said earlier. The hardest and most frustrating part is getting here. Keep your cool
and remain patient. Some seem
to get through faster than other. I took a while but worked out in the end.

Anyone need any advice and or
tips from someone with a little
more experience let me know on here and or just pm me.

if you’re on site and need advice or tips ; drop me a pm. I m based in nc2

Old Nov 11th 2022, 8:25 am
Just Joined

greenSky is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing this. So supporting and comforting.
I have few Qs
- Do we get to choose any campbase we want to live in?
- Do they treat local different then nonlocal ?
Old Nov 12th 2022, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Hi all,

anyone else from the UK currently experiences issues with visa? I’m using A1 agency and always heard they are very good butt visa has been majorly delayed and they keep telling me it is because the Saudi Embassy systems are apparently down and have been for a few weeks now so they can’t process any visa’s until Then? Anyone else been told this.
Old Nov 12th 2022, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

I think oxagon are for those whom are working there. So likely no choice ; it’s either nc2 or oxagon if you working there.

the locals are very welcoming ; they believe deeply in neom and happy when expats come to support it.

Originally Posted by greenSky
Thanks for sharing this. So supporting and comforting.
I have few Qs
- Do we get to choose any campbase we want to live in?
- Do they treat local different then nonlocal ?
Old Nov 12th 2022, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Webby1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am currently using A1 and have sent them some info but will not submit my passport until I leave Qatar in December. Not heard of this problem but I am not actively pushing them with my application just now. I note that They are a bit slow in responding to my questions however.

will update if I hear anything regarding the Saudi embassy computer systems

Originally Posted by AnnieM19
Hi all,

anyone else from the UK currently experiences issues with visa? I’m using A1 agency and always heard they are very good butt visa has been majorly delayed and they keep telling me it is because the Saudi Embassy systems are apparently down and have been for a few weeks now so they can’t process any visa’s until Then? Anyone else been told this.
Old Nov 12th 2022, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I used A1. They submitted my passport to the Saudi Embassy in London on Wednesday and I received my stamped passport back on Friday.

Old Nov 12th 2022, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JDM5AM
I used A1. They submitted my passport to the Saudi Embassy in London on Wednesday and I received my stamped passport back on Friday.

they have had my passport for almost 3 weeks now. They keep telling me the delay is because of UKSACB. Do you know how long that part took for you?
Old Nov 12th 2022, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point

they have had my passport for almost 3 weeks now. They keep telling me the delay is because of UKSACB. Do you know how long that part took for you?
Assume that’s for the degree attestation. That took a couple of weeks if I remember.

But I only gave them my passport once I’d completed all other stages - degree attest, police report, and medical.

They submitted all my documents and passport to the Saudi embassy last Wednesday and I had my passport back on Friday by recorded delivery.

Last edited by JDM5AM; Nov 12th 2022 at 6:38 am.
Old Nov 12th 2022, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JDM5AM
Assume that’s for the degree attestation. That took a couple of weeks if I remember.

But I only gave them my passport once I’d completed all other stages - degree attest, police report, and medical.

They submitted all my documents and passport to the Saudi embassy last Wednesday and I had my passport back on Friday by recorded delivery.
yeah they said it was for the degree attestation but my
university sent the degree about 5 weeks ago. Hoping it doesn’t take much longer, I have started working remotely from the UK whilst I wait for my
CV.
Old Nov 12th 2022, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Teaandscones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
under your job application does it say "under offer" or does it say "submit requested documents"?
Hi - it says " Under Offer " - any idea what that means? And the remainder of the process here on? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.