Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Apr 15th 2023, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Macster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

thanks BMH .... really helps

watsapp calls dont work so wats the best alternative? .... ?
Old Apr 15th 2023, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Aschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond repute

VPN for WhatsApp calls
Old Apr 15th 2023, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aschia
VPN for WhatsApp calls
FaceTime and Teams are also good
Old Apr 15th 2023, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diplo
As I understand it, weighting based on location doesn’t matter a bean unless you’re actually earning it. They’ll look at your payslips / contract and uplift off that, end of story. In my case, the uplift took me beyond the grade I’d applied for so they upper the job title and grade at point of offer - it was only one or two grades though (I’ve not seen the grade/title matrix thing anywhere official). I’d imagine that has its limits though - if you’re applying for a Manager job but you happen to be particularly well paid, I don’t think you’d end up being given an Exec Director job.

Of course we’re not applying for jobs based on an equivalent salary - you have to be the right fit. They’re not going to employ you as a Director if you only have Manager experience, no matter how much you used to get paid. Or maybe they will - have seen suggestions that the title is only for salary purposes and you’ll do the job you applied for regardless of the title you get given?

Do take all this with a pinch of salt though. I haven’t started yet and don’t speak for NEOM, albeit I am at the very end of the process, so have been through the same questions you’re facing.
So this is why I had questioned the simplicity. My recruiter was abundantly clear to me that I was not only not going to get the uplift but I was also not going to even match my previous salary because the grade topped out at a certain number, so as he presented it, I just had to hope to be offered the top of the grade, ignoring my previous salary. This is also why I continued questioning everyone's advice about their previous salary driving the title/role/grade, not the other way around. Maybe my offer will be the first to ignore my previous salary, but I won't know that until I actually see one.
Old Apr 16th 2023, 3:13 am
Just Joined

Dee8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GNK
It used to be that getting onto the family housing wait list was linked to having a child enrolled in the school and being physically present in Neom. We enrolled our daughter in the school in Jan 2022 and joined the family housing wait list same day. We got a single bed cabin at NC1 in June 2022 and a family cabin in Jan 2023.It's much harder now as the school is no longer accepting enrollments and the family housing waitlist for NC1 is closed as it is full. Lots of movement is happening with different teams moving to new camps closer to site and new school in Oxagon coming online so hopefully by the end of the year things are looking better.
Greetings. Thank you for the useful information. Regarding schooling: is there information on how the school is coping with capacity? Are they expanding to be able to accommodate new families with children? Is the school of good standard? Housing units NC1: Are there new units being built? NC2: are they offering studio rooms with a kitchen?

it would be great to get an insight from those slready out there.

​​​​​​​TIA.
Old Apr 16th 2023, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Hanse22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aussieaggie
So this is why I had questioned the simplicity. My recruiter was abundantly clear to me that I was not only not going to get the uplift but I was also not going to even match my previous salary because the grade topped out at a certain number, so as he presented it, I just had to hope to be offered the top of the grade, ignoring my previous salary. This is also why I continued questioning everyone's advice about their previous salary driving the title/role/grade, not the other way around. Maybe my offer will be the first to ignore my previous salary, but I won't know that until I actually see one.
I've received my offer last week and unfortunately, I cannot confirm anywhere near to the uplift that is mentioned in the thread or what was mentioned by the headhunter. I'm located in a capital in the Middle East and not on a massive package, so I am not sure if they missed out on something (HR is so far unresponsive).
The ongoing reductions in NEOM benefits (accommodation, uncertain bonus, remote work policy, medical insurance coverage etc.) that I read about in this thread are only adding to the suspicion that the good times are over, or I need to find a higher level job. Did I understand correctly that you have to pay for own and family visa, medical, attestations, police reports etc.?

Last edited by Hanse22; Apr 16th 2023 at 7:26 am.
Old Apr 16th 2023, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Macster is an unknown quantity at this point

they do pay a relocation 1-off payment (atleast thats what i have been told) which is significantly higher than costs for all visas n background checks and other costs that one will face..... is that not the case?
Old Apr 16th 2023, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hanse22
I've received my offer last week and unfortunately, I cannot confirm anywhere near to the uplift that is mentioned in the thread or what was mentioned by the headhunter. I'm located in a capital in the Middle East and not on a massive package, so I am not sure if they missed out on something (HR is so far unresponsive).
The ongoing reductions in NEOM benefits (accommodation, uncertain bonus, remote work policy, medical insurance coverage etc.) that I read about in this thread are only adding to the suspicion that the good times are over, or I need to find a higher level job. Did I understand correctly that you have to pay for own and family visa, medical, attestations, police reports etc.?
Yes, if I'm honest, there is that sense of wondering if certain selling points will change eventually if for no reason other thsn mathematics. For example, I do wonder if the free food will change to either a nominal charge per meal or cheaper quality food or reduced selections to contain costs. Family units were once free and now have a cost, so the food seems like a logical step too, as does a nominal charge for the units...if the family unit is 4K SAR/month, I could see B and C units at NC1 eventually being 2K and 1K at some point and B and C units being like 1.5K and 1K too.

Regarding paying for attestations, etc, I read a while back that you outlay the cost with the understanding that the 75K SAR in your first pay is meant to reimburse you for those and any other costs you need to incur. I'm not sure if there was a time that they paid the costs directly though.
Old Apr 16th 2023, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

The company will pay for your airfare into and out of the job. Your offer will include a relocation allowance (or something like that). Neom gives you that to cover the costs of moving, which includes degree attestations, visas, visa support docs, medical exams, extra bags on the plane, etc.
Old Apr 16th 2023, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Yes, if I'm honest, there is that sense of wondering if certain selling points will change eventually if for no reason other thsn mathematics. For example, I do wonder if the free food will change to either a nominal charge per meal or cheaper quality food or reduced selections to contain costs. Family units were once free and now have a cost, so the food seems like a logical step too, as does a nominal charge for the units...if the family unit is 4K SAR/month, I could see B and C units at NC1 eventually being 2K and 1K at some point and B and C units being like 1.5K and 1K too.

Regarding paying for attestations, etc, I read a while back that you outlay the cost with the understanding that the 75K SAR in your first pay is meant to reimburse you for those and any other costs you need to incur. I'm not sure if there was a time that they paid the costs directly though.
The company has made it clear that they are obligated to what they offer you in your offer letter and contract. Anything else such as work-from-home-days, bonus levels -- and anything else for that matter -- are policies that are reviewed regularly and updated accordingly. This may work in favor of the employee, it may not. These are adjusted to meet the needs of the company.
The moral here is that unless you get it in writing in your contract, it isn't promised. Evaluate your offer accordingly.

Old Apr 16th 2023, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BMH77
The company has made it clear that they are obligated to what they offer you in your offer letter and contract. Anything else such as work-from-home-days, bonus levels -- and anything else for that matter -- are policies that are reviewed regularly and updated accordingly. This may work in favor of the employee, it may not. These are adjusted to meet the needs of the company.
The moral here is that unless you get it in writing in your contract, it isn't promised. Evaluate your offer accordingly.
Fair enough, but to your point (which is helpful), while I haven't seen my offer yet, my recruiter did tell me in advance that things like free accommodation and food and remote working days will not be in the offer letter. So based on your point, all those things not in the offer letter can change. In that case, your advice to evaluate the offer accordingly boils down to considering if the role is still attractive without the food, accommodation, and remote work days because there is a risk (not sure how big) that those things may at least be different someday and at most could disappear altogether.
Old Apr 16th 2023, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

Fair enough, but to your point (which is helpful), while I haven't seen my offer yet, my recruiter did tell me in advance that things like free accommodation and food and remote working days will not be in the offer letter. So based on your point, all those things not in the offer letter can change. In that case, your advice to evaluate the offer accordingly boils down to considering if the role is still attractive without the food, accommodation, and remote work days because there is a risk (not sure how big) that those things may at least be different someday and at most could disappear altogether.
Of course, see it as working conditions rather than contractual rights. If they give you a shiny new MacBook Pro as your work laptop, but replace them in a years time with something cheap, that’s just the way it is.

That said, if they suddenly take away all the remote working days and make people pay for food and accommodation, I could see that being a significant enough change to the working conditions that people would just leave. Given how many people are required for a project of this magnitude, I’m not sure that making a change that would have a pretty critical impact would be a sensible business decision.
Old Apr 16th 2023, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Many thanks - that's what I expected.
Old Apr 16th 2023, 11:29 am
Just Joined

The company will pay for your airfare into and out of the job. Your offer will include a relocation allowance (or something like that). Neom gives you that to cover the costs of moving, which includes degree attestations, visas, visa support docs, medical exams, extra bags on the plane, etc.
Thanks BMH77, that answers well. My offer includes the relocation allowance but does not mention what will be deducted from that.
This is the first time I experience such terms from a MEA-based company, but perhaps I have been lucky. My experience is that the relocation allowance is for personal expenses that are 100% individual ("curtain money") - such as relocating a pet or special sports gear. Even extra bags or air freight is covered in many contracts as a standard, to help you get settled quickly and focus in on work.
Old Apr 16th 2023, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks BMH77, that answers well. My offer includes the relocation allowance but does not mention what will be deducted from that.
This is the first time I experience such terms from a MEA-based company, but perhaps I have been lucky. My experience is that the relocation allowance is for personal expenses that are 100% individual ("curtain money") - such as relocating a pet or special sports gear. Even extra bags or air freight is covered in many contracts as a standard, to help you get settled quickly and focus in on work.
That is nice.
The allowance here is the full amount regardless of how much you spend. There is no requirement to produce receipts or anything like that. I do believe that there may be a % you will have to pay back if you do not spend a full year in the position, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.