Teatime Choices

Old Feb 3rd 2019, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Ready for Super Bowl Sunday Teatime
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 9:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Ready for Super Bowl Sunday Teatime
What's that funny looking thing next to the pen?

__________________________________________________ ______________
Magnificent Roast Pork for us. Lovely bit of crackling.

Old Feb 3rd 2019, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Its a forerunner of the Leatherman/ Swiss army knife multi tool from, the turn of the century (19th to 20th). At that time the mail in Uk was still moved around/delivered by horse drawn carriage and this tool was issued to the posties by the royal mail to deal with any problems with the leather and wooden components on the vehicle. Unfortunately for the last 55 years only the corkscrew has seen any action!!
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 10:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Its a forerunner of the Leatherman/ Swiss army knife multi tool from, the turn of the century (19th to 20th). At that time the mail in Uk was still moved around/delivered by horse drawn carriage and this tool was issued to the posties by the royal mail to deal with any problems with the leather and wooden components on the vehicle. Unfortunately for the last 55 years only the corkscrew has seen any action!!
That's pretty much what my stepdaughter suggested - without the technical stuff. My response was "But the cans are ring-pull"
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That's pretty much what my stepdaughter suggested - without the technical stuff. My response was "But the cans are ring-pull"
Yes but the Crumpets may need a few extra holes punched in them!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 10:55 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Unable to decide, so Super Bowl Sunday supper is battered shrimp, battered corned beef hash, chicken wings and the hot new BE fad, bacon wrapped sprouts. I missed the first 7 minutes of the game cooking it.

Last edited by caretaker; Feb 3rd 2019 at 11:01 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 10:25 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I had one of these tonight - really tasty! I had the 'beet' one.. really good with a hint of spice
https://www.whollyveggie.com/products/southwest-beet
Yep, pretty good.

Had one tonight. Surprising the alternative cook methods, even in the pop-toaster.
I fried it in a little butter and tasted a little on its own before I put it in my bun with onion, ketchup and mustard. If someone had told me it was meat, I'd have believed it.

Looking forward to trying the curry one.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yep, pretty good.

Had one tonight. Surprising the alternative cook methods, even in the pop-toaster.
I fried it in a little butter and tasted a little on its own before I put it in my bun with onion, ketchup and mustard. If someone had told me it was meat, I'd have believed it.

Looking forward to trying the curry one.
How much do they run? I see on their website a couple of smaller chains sell them close to me, but not chains I would normally go to, but maybe if they are not overly expensive might be worth checking them out.

(found them on Save On's website, $8.99)

The beyond meat burger is pretty good at A & W and I had the beyond meat products in the US before and they are not bad overall, I think in Canada A & W is the only option though, don't think they are sold in store here yet.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Feb 4th 2019 at 10:53 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 12:10 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
How much do they run? I see on their website a couple of smaller chains sell them close to me, but not chains I would normally go to, but maybe if they are not overly expensive might be worth checking them out.

(found them on Save On's website, $8.99)

The beyond meat burger is pretty good at A & W and I had the beyond meat products in the US before and they are not bad overall, I think in Canada A & W is the only option though, don't think they are sold in store here yet.
I believe they were $9.99 for the pack of four, so not cheap. But it was more 'filling' than the real ones I buy at the local meat and everything store up the road which are $3.50 for four. Quite a bit more healthy than real ones too. Worth it if cutting back on meat was the aim.

Perhaps worth it more if the other versions are significantly different, like the curry one.

Saying that, I sometimes sweat some onion with Jamaican curry powder and add whatever leftover veg I have. Very cheap thing to do.

Old Feb 5th 2019, 5:00 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch at both your prices! I bought mine at Metro for $6.99! (I bought the beet and curry ones) - both very tasty.. and a nice alternative to my usual fish (I only have chicken once a week and no red meat at all) - if they are normally around $9 then I'd better go and buy a few and put them in the freezer, lol. I had a beet one tonight cut into small pieces and added to a huge salad
You can get the beyond meat burgers at a few places, again not cheap though... The yamchops people will ship anywhere in Canada, but UPS so not cheap for shipping I expect!

https://www.spud.ca/catalogue/Produc...fm?part=MP0477
https://yamchops.com/products/beyond...-burger-2-pack
https://vegansupply.ca/products/food...rger-10lb-case

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 5th 2019 at 5:08 am.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 5:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

BC prices are usually higher vs ON. Does not help that none if the lower priced stores seem to carry it here. Urban Fare, Whole Foods, Choices and Save on so none are exactly low cost. Lol

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Ouch at both your prices! I bought mine at Metro for $6.99! (I bought the beet and curry ones) - both very tasty.. and a nice alternative to my usual fish (I only have chicken once a week and no red meat at all) - if they are normally around $9 then I'd better go and buy a few and put them in the freezer, lol. I had a beet one tonight cut into small pieces and added to a huge salad
Old Feb 5th 2019, 11:23 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Jings made this fantastic soup yesterday... Chicken, turmeric and lentil .We didn't have fresh turmeric so she used ground (I have no idea what fresh turmeric even looks like!) and we used Quorn pieces instead of chicken, because daughter is veggie. And green lentils instead of red.

It was truly amazing.

(Washed down with a couple of Adnam's Ghost Ship Alchohol-Free beers.)
Old Feb 5th 2019, 4:03 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
...we used Quorn pieces instead of chicken
Very handy stuff, Quorn. I used to buy it as 'chicken' breasts, ground or chunks.

Particularly good were the 'breast' versions into a casserole pot, with a few splashes of Lea and Perrins garlic sauce and into the microwave.

Can't get it in Canada

Old Feb 5th 2019, 11:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 6th 2019, 1:19 am
Oscar nominated

Full Marx for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.