Teatime Choices

Old May 6th 2018, 6:38 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Christmas dinner today. 3 day special at Superstore Turkey, 99c lb but swapped it with one in our freezer.
Roast spuds, parsnips, green beans, bit of stuffing and cranberry sauce.

Merry Christmas.
Old May 11th 2018, 11:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Spaghetti al Capone.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20180511_173232.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; May 11th 2018 at 11:44 pm. Reason: Trying to post a picture.
Old May 12th 2018, 11:07 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Spaghetti al Capone.

I thought AL Capone drank bourbon?
Old May 13th 2018, 2:11 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

There was only one choice in Atlantic Canada tonight for us! Lobster of course. My husband is away and my son doesn't like all the cracking of the claws bit, so I looked it up and dressed it properly, which initially, seemed a bit of a fag, but was worth it, and I'd do it again. Yum, yum. Those not in Atlantic Canada....it seems there is always a special price for lobster on Mothers Day and Fathers Day...we don't get the chance to celebrate the products that we have here half enough...so many products are unfortunately hard to track down or eye wateringly expensive. So I'm definitely pro lobster weekends!
Old May 13th 2018, 12:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I was drawn to a jar of Goan Coconut Curry sauce some weeks ago and finally got around to it Saturday.

Mild, it said on the label, which I assumed to be a reference to the strength of the curry. Little did I know it meant the taste. Or, rather, the lack of it.

I quickly mixed up a bit of chip shop curry sauce and added it to my dish. Rescued.

I might try it again but with a bit of added vindaloo paste.
Old May 13th 2018, 1:54 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I thought AL Capone drank bourbon?
American Rye, and it took a little looking for. I'm a call it Spaghetti Luciano, I guess. From the Templeton Rye website:

The Heyday of Bootlegging

The high-caliber spirit finds its way to Chicago, by way of cattle cars destined for the great Chicago stockyards, and earns favor with mafia kingpin Al Capone. The town of Templeton is soon supplying his gang with hundreds of kegs per month. Selling primarily Canadian whiskey, Capone nonetheless insists on Templeton Rye as his personal drink of choice — serving family and friends only The Good Stuff.
Old May 13th 2018, 6:34 pm
Oscar nominated

If it works, stuffed roast pork tenderloin - cranberry jelly, marmalade, bacon and stuffing.
Old May 18th 2018, 10:51 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Sweet potato fries with garlic mayo and smokie on a bun X2 with kimchi, (the cocaine of pickles).
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20180517_133854.jpg   Teatime Choices-20180518_162026.jpg  
Old Jun 15th 2018, 10:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Talking Re: Teatime Choices

Chicken Daeseong-dong with rice and kimchi.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 1:17 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon you've shacked up with a Korean bird...

Looks delicious!
Old Jun 16th 2018, 1:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I reckon you've shacked up with a Korean bird...
No such luck, but thank you! I was going to have my usual gochujang bbq sauce thing then thought of coconut milk getting old on the shelf (it's 2017 isn't it?) and a little (a pinch and a half) 5 Spice Powder and changed everything.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 10:25 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

How many fish fingers is too many?
Old Jun 27th 2018, 12:42 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
How many fish fingers is too many?
When there are too many to count on two hands.

Speaking of fish (again) McDonalds now sells Fish and Chips.
Don't bother.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 9:04 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Patty King Spicy Jamaican Patties on sale from No Frills and some salsa, paired with a Cuba Libre or 2. A couple of patties now, and save a couple for the football game.
Old Jul 16th 2018, 10:25 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Cream of leek and potato soup with bacon and so on. And hey, more Cuba Libres! I see a pattern...
Keep calm and chive on.

Last edited by caretaker; Jul 16th 2018 at 11:15 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.