Teatime Choices

Old Dec 4th 2015, 12:05 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Using Shard's logic that foreign food doesn't count against against dietary restraint, I've just ordered for this for our tea.

Spring rolls
Pan-fried dumplings
Wonton soup

Prawns in black bean sauce
Chicken curry
Moo shu pork
Garlic beef with snow peas

Special house fried rice
Chicken chow mein.
House chop suey
Old Dec 4th 2015, 7:20 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Lunch wasn't until 3 so I'll call that tea, #36 beef sate pho' at N'goc Van, then later I ate a few of the fritters left over from breakfast (corn, jalapeno, green onion and grated cheddar) with salsa and a couple of glasses of reddo. Now since it's after midnight I'm fasting for a gastroscope this morning so a little water is all I get while medicating for insomnia.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 11:36 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I had a pork thing stuffed with sausage (I didn't see any) peach and Jalapeno. Pack of two from Superstore for $8 but 50% off.

I only had one with a couple of carrots.

Best bit was the Wiltshire Back Bacon that finally made an appearance here.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 1:20 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

$30 worth of T-Bone steaks between four. And that was the offer price.

Mother in law bought them.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 9:34 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I had no breakfast or lunch, and made some spicy chicken wings and had them with cucumber dressing, but haven't had anything healthy so I'll nuke a few of the corn jalapeno fritters I made yesterday. They satisfy every dietary requirement, except for bacon and chocolate, and I can fix that with a mole' sauce if I want.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 9:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Beef and veg samosas with salsa, froze a carton of filling and made pastry for the rest. When you rinse out your srirachi bottle good things happen; thank you Tender Flake Lard!
(these were really good :-)) I actually ate 3 and will probably nail the rest for breakfast.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20151211_162041.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 11th 2015 at 9:45 pm. Reason: I wanted to make sure I told the whole story.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 11:33 pm
Oscar nominated

One of those boxed seasoned turkey breasts, cabbage, roast spuds, cranberry stuffing on the side, my gravy.

And a bloody marvellous bottle of Pinot Noir.

Old Dec 11th 2015, 11:49 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
One of those boxed seasoned turkey breasts, cabbage, roast spuds, cranberry stuffing on the side, my gravy.
http://www.butterball.ca/en/images/p...-breast-lg.png

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/dr...y-emoticon.gif
You really are living the North American dream.
Old Dec 12th 2015, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.butterball.ca/en/images/p...-breast-lg.png

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/dr...y-emoticon.gif
How do you make gravy from that? Or was it the Pinot Noir? Makes a nice jus
Old Dec 12th 2015, 4:01 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Pica
How do you make gravy from that? Or was it the Pinot Noir? Makes a nice jus
The usual way...drop of water in the pan while roasting flavoured by meat juices which were surprisingly flavourful.

Somewhat pallid of course so I added a sprinkling of beef powder to darken a little. Mixed with corn starch and then thinned to tsate with veggie liquid.

I sometimes add a splash of wine but not from a new bottle.
Old Dec 12th 2015, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I was once told by a chef " never cook with a wine you wouldn't drink".
Old Dec 12th 2015, 5:28 pm
Oscar nominated

What's a wine you wouldn't drink...just one that is horrible and you wouldn't touch it or does it include one that you did drink and that there's a little left but you wouldn't drink what's left in view of the time that has passed?
Old Dec 12th 2015, 5:32 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

That's not a particularly high bar.
Old Dec 12th 2015, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

What's a wine you wouldn't drink...just one that is horrible and you wouldn't touch it or does it include one that you did drink and that there's a little left but you wouldn't drink what's left in view of the time that has passed?
never have left overs of a drnkable wine
Old Dec 12th 2015, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Alan2005
That's not a particularly high bar.
you're right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.