Teatime Choices

Old Dec 12th 2015, 7:35 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by Pica
never have left overs of a drnkable wine
I'll tell that to the judge.
Old Dec 15th 2015, 11:25 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday my friend and I went to UkraInian Co-op and I bought a ring of coarse kobasa and a ring of Hungarian sausage so last night I had sausage and sauerkraut with rye bread and tonight I made corn jalapeno fritters so had sausage and fritters. I should throw the Hungarian sausage in the freezing compartment, they're big rings.
Old Dec 18th 2015, 10:45 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't leftovers mixed together, it's fusion cuisine. Beans and samosa filling on toast, paired with a domestic lager.
Old Dec 18th 2015, 10:52 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Probably some extra hot Nando's chicken after a night down the Legion.
Old Dec 18th 2015, 11:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken and prawn Thai Red Curry. Yummy.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-vh-red-curry-341ml-logo.jpg  
Old Dec 18th 2015, 11:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

All three of us should put a bog roll in the freezer right now.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

tomorrow I'm making thai green curry, chicken is currentlymarinating in buttermilk.
today with neighbours was pasta in passata, gnocchi in passata, lamb & peas (yummy peas), wood oven roasted chicken, salad, bread, fresh fruit, wine, genziana, grappa, limoncello and cofee. The peas and wine were the best bits. Before anyone says anything - No I did not have everything!
Old Dec 25th 2015, 3:21 am
Oscar nominated

Chicken breasts stuffed with Chorizo and Feta in one pack and Portuguese butter (whatever that is) in the other.

So we had "just the" chicken and then a bit of pate and cheese on a beautiful crusty Italian bread.
Old Dec 25th 2015, 3:44 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Chicken breasts stuffed with Chorizo and Feta in one pack and Portuguese butter (whatever that is) in the other.

So we had "just the" chicken and then a bit of pate and cheese on a beautiful crusty Italian bread.
oh not again!? Some labels in the supermarket should say "whatever that is".

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 25th 2015 at 3:48 am.
Old Dec 25th 2015, 1:51 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker
Some labels in the supermarket should say "whatever that is".
Maybe it could be a new 'label' like "world of flavours" or "blue menu" and what's that other one, "dine in tonight"?

I just realised. We had Spanish, Greek, Portuguese and Italian. All without leaving the home.
Old Dec 25th 2015, 2:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Maybe it could be a new 'label' like "world of flavours" or "blue menu" and what's that other one, "dine in tonight"?

I just realised. We had Spanish, Greek, Portuguese and Italian. All without leaving the home.
It sounds really good anyway, I'm sure there's some Portuguese version of chicken cordon bleu and it probably resembles yours. They have chickens, goats, pigs and fire, the rest is up to time.
I'm going to cut up a duck and marinate it, then cook it for tonight. I actually had to toss the little carton of duck fat I rendered out of the last one since I didn't use it in time so maybe I'll freeze it this time.
Old Dec 25th 2015, 3:38 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker
I'm sure there's some Portuguese version of chicken cordon bleu and it probably resembles yours.
I remember seeing those but these were quite different in appearance. I've never been tempted before as whatever they had seemed rather plain for the money but these seemed more interesting. Not to mention half price. Having tasted these, they were worth full price.

I bought a couple of those duck legs they sell in Sobeys. We're having Turkey thighs with added duck and a bit of beef tenderloin (small steaks) with the usual.

I have a turkey breast too. Just wondering whether to do that today for tomorrow, cold, or do it tomorrow.
Old Dec 25th 2015, 4:00 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas to one & all at BE everywhere ...

Today at 5pm its the 4kg (~9Ib) bought Turkey from Walmart in 2013 at 0.79/Ib, (cooked on the 24th) home made stuffing, along with (all cooked in the same pan) sprouts, parsnips/carrots/onions in the oven with mashed potatoes. Christmas pudding from Aldi that I brought back from my UK trip last month topped with custard. No booze Christmas. Total ~$13 for five people sitting
Old Dec 25th 2015, 4:10 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by not2old
Turkey from Walmart in 2013...
Does that mean next year it's one from 2014?

It's amazing what can be found in the bottom of the freezer.

We had something from 2010 not long ago. Might even have been older, I just know it was bought before mother in law joined us in 2011.

It was absolutely fine.
Old Dec 25th 2015, 4:13 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Does that mean next year it's one from 2014?

It's amazing what can be found in the bottom of the freezer.
As you said, l already bought the 2014 turkey on special for eating at Christmas 2016. Still have a duck in the freezer bought in 2014 that was really really inexpensive from the local ethnic store. Cannot get anyone in the family interested to eat it with me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.