Teatime Choices

Old Apr 30th 2019, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I bought these from a market here in Germany, I wondered at first if they might be farmed rabbits because they tasted really mild compared to wild rabbit that you get in butcher's shops in the UK but they definitely were wild rabbits - they were superbly lean as you'd expect from wild rabbit, and I could see a shot puncture! It was probably just the freshness of them. Perhaps we Brits just prefer game to be gamier tasting? Anyway these were not gamey in the slightest, I just seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary and chilli flakes and then roasted them for 35 minutes.
Sounds exquisite!! nice seasoning combo! I think thats another one on my "to try" list, I think I would like it.....maybe not British rabbit though, I am not keen on a strong gamey taste, although don't dislike it
Old May 2nd 2019, 3:13 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I roasted a couple of rabbit legs for my tea last night, had them with a nice salad. Absolutely delicious!
Are they cheaper from a butchers or a pet shop?
Old May 2nd 2019, 6:20 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
LOVE black onion seed but visitors from UK need to bring my supply, they're good in home-made pittas too.
I checked the Indian shop Spice Bazzar down by the Hungarian Club and they had it.

Old May 2nd 2019, 9:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Curry tonight... I used some of the little mouse droppings in the foundation, toasting some before adding olive oil then onion and garlic, and sprinkled a few on top after.
Old May 2nd 2019, 10:46 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Curry tonight... I used some of the little mouse droppings in the foundation, toasting some before adding olive oil then onion and garlic, and sprinkled a few on top after.
What's that bit that looks like a small creature (a newt?) in a noddy hat, only one eye (the right one) and a single left leg?

Old May 2nd 2019, 11:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BristolUK
What's that bit that looks like a small creature (a newt?) in a noddy hat, only one eye (the right one) and a single left leg?
Don't know what you're talking about, and that's his right leg. It's chicken breast, yellow pepper, and mushroom. The eyes/buttons/mouse droppings are good, and have a taste I recognise from the restaurants. At $3/200g it isn't very costy either.
Old May 3rd 2019, 12:56 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what you're talking about, and that's his right leg. .
This is what I saw.

Old May 3rd 2019, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
This is what I saw.

That looks like a newt that was conceived in a pond just up the road from Chernobyl!!
Old May 10th 2019, 11:27 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Jings' special, Faux-rean pork and potato soup. Found the gochujaing paste in back of the fridge, used some gochugaru, and emptied the last bit of a jar of kimchi in as well. The half cucumber and iceberg lettuce loitering in the fridge found a home here too.

Last edited by caretaker; May 11th 2019 at 1:23 am.
Old May 13th 2019, 11:27 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Sausage and chips and peas, red onion gravy.
Old May 13th 2019, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sausage and chips and peas, red onion gravy.

Sounds like a good old comforting winter meal....and its probably still winter in Saskatchwan.....not much better in SW Ontario either! You have just reminded me of the British favourite Fish, chips (the fat almost mushy ones that stick to the paper) ...and mushy peas of course .....and lashings of chips shop salt and vinegar! ahh....halcyon days... its been a while...
Old May 14th 2019, 12:50 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The bombay potato curry I made the other week (and froze half of) combined with more ginger, garlic, chilli, cumin, coriander and garam masala, tomato paste... with the addition of some chick peas, mushrooms and fresh tomato.. simmered until hot.. served with the treat of a little basmati rice instead of brown..
Old May 14th 2019, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The bombay potato curry I made the other week (and froze half of) combined with more ginger, garlic, chilli, cumin, coriander and garam masala, tomato paste... with the addition of some chick peas, mushrooms and fresh tomato.. simmered until hot.. served with the treat of a little basmati rice instead of brown..

Got to say Siouxie that sounds super delicious!! I love cooking Indian food it smells so good....and tastes even better! I did my own Tandoori chicken a few weeks ago.....I dont have Tandoor, but it still worked out good in the oven.....will have to buy another bbq though as I think just a few minutes on the bbq each side to add a slight char would make it taste even better! If you remove the skin, very healthy too!
Old May 31st 2019, 9:22 pm
Oscar nominated

Whole chicken breasts (skin on, bone in, too big) cooked in a shallow combination of chicken broth and salsa ranch dressing.
Baked potato and dollop of Heinz Seriously Good Creamy Pepper Sauce, Asparagus.
Old Jun 1st 2019, 12:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Devilled kidneys with rice and veg.

MrBEVS does not often make comment but he did enjoy this.

My Thai pal saw them sitting on the bench and was curious . She was going home to eat a bunch of chicken feet.

ps - MrBEVS cannot actually cook really. If I am unable to minister in the kitchen it is either jacket potatoes, tinned soup or boiled eggs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.