Teatime Choices

Old Jun 1st 2019, 3:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Mr. Rete likes to tinker in the kitchen. He has two dinners that he likes to make for me (which I eat with forced enthusiasm). Shake and Bake pork chops with potatoes au gratin (boxed) and fresh spinach and pork chops browned and then adds can of mushrooms and cream of mushroom soup and serves it over noodles. It gets me out of the kitchen and it's not that bad so I let him have at it.

Neither of us like Indian food and detest curry or hot spicy foods in general. Just the smell of curry has me and him running to the john.
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 10:52 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Shrimp and chips and spicy creamy garlic sauce.

Old Jun 2nd 2019, 11:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Yum. The shrimps look a decent size. Nice looking batter.

Old Jun 3rd 2019, 5:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I should've taken a pic.

Tempura battered deep fried prawns, tails on , with pasta in alfredo sauce and a side mixed salad and garlic bread.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 8:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Late lunch/early supper - I took a frozen Mike's Ultimate Supremo fun size pizza from GT and added mushrooms, radish greens, reggiano and feta cheese. Paired with Marzen lager festbier from District Brewing Co.

Last edited by caretaker; Jun 8th 2019 at 8:07 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 5:53 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

How are you still alive?
Old Jun 9th 2019, 8:39 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oink
How are you still alive?
Most of my enemies have either been killed by others or died of other causes. I also don't binge drink, quit smoking tobacco long ago, started vaping my cannabis instead of smoking it 3 years ago, get a fair bit of exercise at work, and eat a fairly healthy diet. Since I started making and eating kimchi 3 years ago, all the anamolies in my guts they were taking biopsies of previously have disappeared except for 1 benign duodenal polyp. Although hypertension, cancer, and heart disease and strokes run in my family on both sides my blood pressure is under control, but the half dozen or so concussions I've had could come back to haunt me.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 8:06 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Most of my enemies have either been killed by others or died of other causes. I also don't binge drink, quit smoking tobacco long ago, started vaping my cannabis instead of smoking it 3 years ago, get a fair bit of exercise at work, and eat a fairly healthy diet. Since I started making and eating kimchi 3 years ago, all the anamolies in my guts they were taking biopsies of previously have disappeared except for 1 benign duodenal polyp. Although hypertension, cancer, and heart disease and strokes run in my family on both sides my blood pressure is under control, but the half dozen or so concussions I've had could come back to haunt me.
You are a brave man.

My blood pressure was always low to normal - until I had the stroke.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 9:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You are a brave man. My blood pressure was always low to normal - until I had the stroke.
Nope, devout coward. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure in the early 90's when I was sort of living off the land and still lean and getting tons of exercise which seems sort of weird, until considering family history. The dental training program at what is now Sask Polytechnic was working on my teeth, and when they found my BP high for a few visits I was told to go to a doctor. He said "My God, you are a ticking time-bomb!" My current doctor (who I've had for ages and I like) doesn't even have the record of that and it was in the same clinic two doctors before she went to work there; she thinks she diagnosed me. I take a few pills a day and everything's rosy.

Old Jun 13th 2019, 11:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm going to make saganaki and probably some rice to go with it (gotta use up the shrimp in the freezing compartment). Sometime in between Jeopardy! and football and basketball... I have my alarm set for Last of the Summer wine at 11:30.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 7:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Boil in the bag kippers with mash spuds and peas.

Tomorrow I am doing a full lamb roast ( very expensive) with trimmings + apple pie + berry and almond slice + cheese , such as there is.

Couple we are fond of are coming over.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 7:11 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

Tomorrow I am doing a full lamb roast ( very expensive) with trimmings + apple pie + berry and almond slice + cheese , such as there is.

That sounds delicious BEVS, lucky guests!

I made a meatloaf for tonight, will have it with mash, carrots and peas.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 11:49 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BEVS
Tomorrow I am doing a full lamb roast ( very expensive) with trimmings
With a little mint jelly they probably won't even suspect that it's goat.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 11:58 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

With a little mint jelly they probably won't even suspect that it's goat.
Brilliant
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 11:49 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Curry and chips.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.