Teatime Choices

Old Mar 18th 2019, 10:19 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Ooh, French!!
Thanks for the reminder: Parlez vous, nous parlons, et Je parle aussi.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 10:21 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Thanks for the reminder: Parlez vous, nous parlons, et Je parle aussi.
That looks amazing.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 10:46 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
That looks amazing.
Thank you!
Old Mar 19th 2019, 7:49 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

A potato. It was a lovely potato though, with just a small knob of butter and some black pepper.

I can barely remember the kinds of things I used to have for my tea. I've rather transformed my lifestyle recently and have lost 25lbs since Christmas.
Old Mar 19th 2019, 12:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh, French!!
What a difference an 's' makes

Tonight I made a sauce from pancetta, red peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and garlic, and served it over rigatoni with parmesan cheese shavings.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 2:32 am
Stand-up Philosopher

I had a leisurely meal of salad, a shrimp cocktail, and duck.
Old Mar 26th 2019, 10:53 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Homemade steak (onions,pepper, mushroom, cheese) sub.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 2:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwiches. Bacon made by the butcher and tomatoes were homegrown and so sweet and delicious.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 2:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Rete
Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwiches. Bacon made by the butcher and tomatoes were homegrown and so sweet and delicious.
That's what I had! However, bacon was from the store, as were the tomatoes and lettuce, mayo, s&p, bread... still good anyway. It was a choice between making something bigger or having it ready in time for Jeopardy!.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 2:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Jeopardy is on here at 4:30 pm and we eat between 5 - 5:30. Being down in the sunny south, the tomatoes were ripe and so delicious.
Old Mar 30th 2019, 9:54 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm going to make some pasties; pastry and filling is in the fridge. It's got ground beef, diced bacon (Vitamin B), red onion, garlic, s&p, potatoes and carrots, parsley, and a galurp of Bovril. A little butter added to the bacon fat and flour for the roux so the bit of water I left in the vegetables made the gravy.

Last edited by caretaker; Mar 30th 2019 at 10:08 pm. Reason: to purposely alter a portion of the text
Old Mar 30th 2019, 10:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to make some pasties; pastry and filling is in the fridge. It's got ground beef, diced bacon (Vitamin B), red onion, garlic, s&p, potatoes and carrots, parsley, and a galurp of Bovril. A little butter added to the bacon fat and flour for the roux so the bit of water I left in the vegetables made the gravy.

Nice...looking to open a Greggs franchise?
Old Mar 30th 2019, 11:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Nice...looking to open a Greggs franchise?
I was going to say "Tell you in 20 minutes", but we don't have those here. I've never been to Britain, so never been to Greggs, never had poutine, don't go to Tim Horton's. Confidence is high for these things though.

They are good. Pasties I've made in the past were a bit dry, which is why I was after gravy in these. 2 would've done, but I had 3.... little hot sauce.

Last edited by caretaker; Mar 30th 2019 at 11:58 pm. Reason: I was born to edit.
Old Mar 30th 2019, 11:32 pm
Oscar nominated

I was going to say "Tell you in 20 minutes", but we don't have those here.
Yes, I thought you might have the first one!!

Old Mar 31st 2019, 6:32 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

While it all looks nice, do you ever eat anything that grows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.