Lunchtime Choices

Old Jul 25th 2019, 10:26 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

Originally Posted by BEVS
This is something I have never ever fancied. It's just the sound of it. What makes it good?
Taste and texture, like the best hamburger ever, only juicy and wrapped in the loving arms of mashed potatoes and gravy.
Today I had Caesar salad, bit of a late lunch that's going to segue into an early supper.

Old Jul 25th 2019, 10:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by caretaker
Taste and texture, like the best hamburger ever, only juicy and wrapped in the loving arms of mashed potatoes and gravy.
Ok. That would work for the gut bucket husband. I'll go check the recipes here.

Old Jul 25th 2019, 10:37 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Into 2 lbs lean burger mix 1 cup breadcrumbs, 1 egg, 1 clove garlic finely minced, s&p, blast of Worcester, and 1/2 can condensed tomato soup.
Bake in a breadpan or small, deep cake pan at 350F for 1/2 hr, then remove from oven, pour off almost all the grease surrounding the meatloaf and spread the remaining half can of soup all over top of the loaf. Return to the oven for about another 20 min - 1/2 hr.
Old Jul 25th 2019, 10:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Spoiler:
Into 2 lbs lean burger
2 lbs lean burger = premium beef mince or mashed up burgers?

Old Jul 25th 2019, 10:44 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BEVS
2 lbs lean burger = premium beef mince or mashed up burgers?
Lean ground beef, doesn't have to be extra lean, but if you use regular there will be more grease. We get those 3 grades in the store here.
I think I diced up a few mushrooms and threw them in as well; it isn't an exact science. Did I forget to mention the onion - oh hell... mix in some diced onion according to taste. I hope that's all I missed.

Last edited by caretaker; Jul 26th 2019 at 12:42 am. Reason: The frigging onion!
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 6:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Yet another Caesar salad down the hatch.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 7:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another Caesar salad down the hatch.
I had salad. A little cheese grated over it and a nice piece of buttered Sobeys Belgian bread.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 7:56 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Leftover supper and a bit of this and that. Radishes and avocados need a little salt.

Old Aug 5th 2019, 6:53 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm going to make a fish finger sandwich with tomato and lettuce, it's been ages.

Last edited by caretaker; Aug 5th 2019 at 7:26 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2019, 6:08 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I don''t think I've had lunch in four years.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 2:44 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

This message has been deleted by Jerseygirl. Reason: Spam
Maybe they were having spam for lunch.
I quite like this one.

Old Aug 14th 2019, 2:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Maybe they were having spam for lunch.
I quite like this one.

I knew someone must still be eating this but it isn't me or my family. We give this away in our weekly food baskets to the 'deserving' down here in Mississippi through my church. It is one of staples in the food basket along with mac 'n cheese, peanut butter, canned tuna, cereal, soup, canned veggies, vienna sausages, spaghetti sauce and pasta noddles, cereal, toilet paper and frozen loaves of bread.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 2:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Just finished my second bowl of my mother in law's beef and tomato soup.

We had T-Bone steak last night and for ease of cooking (one likes over done, one well cooked and the other two almost rare) I removed the bones, which had some meat attached.

I asked her if she could make a small soup like she's done before with a shank. So of course, just to please me , she picked up some more beef from Walmart and made a huge pot.

We all had some for lunch. I had some of this toasted with mine. Really good bread. I had a thick piece from the end.

One of my favorite breads, that and their square danish pumpernickle. Just with butter and jam is my favorite breakfast. Unfortunately, not sold here in the south of the US.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 5:06 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Rete
One of my favorite breads, that and their square danish pumpernickle. Just with butter and jam is my favorite breakfast. Unfortunately, not sold here in the south of the US.
That brand is appearing everywhere here with the bigger supermarkets having 4 or 5 'grain' variations. I hope it's not another of those trial runs that end.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 6:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm having a mortadella and tomato sandwich and tomato soup with parmesan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.