Lunchtime Choices

Old Jun 26th 2019, 7:50 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Ha. My stepdaughter's on a staff lunch today but one for those who've done 10 years. There are three of them from here but they have to travel the 178.3 km to Fredericton for it.
Ours was a farewell lunch for someone who's been here a few years, and the Bushwakker is only a few blocks to walk. I've got 37 in now... my immediate boss was 3 when I started working in the club.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 8:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Staff dinner at Bushwakker's and I've just ordered codp and chips.
What is Stubblejumper batter?
Old Jun 26th 2019, 9:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

What is Stubblejumper batter?
Without even looking up the menu I'm going to guess that it's beer batter made with their Stubblejumper ale. It's a big brew pub, maybe the 3rd one in the city, and we had them early on.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 11:08 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Without even looking up the menu I'm going to guess that it's beer batter made with their Stubblejumper ale. It's a big brew pub, maybe the 3rd one in the city, and we had them early on.
Ah yes, that makes sense. I did browse the beer list but I was looking for familiar names so skimmed. None of my googling found the batter.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 11:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Ah yes, that makes sense. I did browse the beer list but I was looking for familiar names so skimmed. None of my googling found the batter.
I looked it up, and not an ale, but a pil.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4375/14607/
Old Jun 28th 2019, 3:49 pm
Oscar nominated

Just finished my second bowl of my mother in law's beef and tomato soup.

We had T-Bone steak last night and for ease of cooking (one likes over done, one well cooked and the other two almost rare) I removed the bones, which had some meat attached.

I asked her if she could make a small soup like she's done before with a shank. So of course, just to please me , she picked up some more beef from Walmart and made a huge pot.

We all had some for lunch. I had some of this toasted with mine. Really good bread. I had a thick piece from the end.

Old Jun 28th 2019, 9:39 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished my second bowl of my mother in law's beef and tomato soup.

We had T-Bone steak last night and for ease of cooking (one likes over done, one well cooked and the other two almost rare) I removed the bones, which had some meat attached.

I asked her if she could make a small soup like she's done before with a shank. So of course, just to please me , she picked up some more beef from Walmart and made a huge pot.

We all had some for lunch. I had some of this toasted with mine. Really good bread. I had a thick piece from the end.

I'm getting into that rye bread lately.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 6:55 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

My humble ramen noodle bowl and kimchi at work. If I had come in and worked on Sunday or yesterday I'd be on holidays now but I didn't so here I am.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 8:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Old Jul 15th 2019, 1:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Small cheese omelette + a glass of green veg juice .
Old Jul 15th 2019, 2:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Kale and shredded carrot salad with grilled chicken breast.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 1:33 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by BEVS
...a glass of green veg juice .
Have you been dining with Oink?

Old Jul 16th 2019, 7:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Kale salad, shredded carrots, baked spud with a little cheese and bacon.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 7:41 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I had leftover meatloaf, so tasty and juicy.. I should make that more often.
Old Jul 25th 2019, 10:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I had leftover meatloaf, so tasty and juicy.. I should make that more often.
This is something I have never ever fancied. It's just the sound of it.
What makes it good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.