Lunchtime Choices

Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:26 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That looks like green paint we used at infants school.

You must be feeling a bit like that colour right now. Dear oh dear. 2-0 up as well.
Who cares about the League Cup.

Originally Posted by caretaker
It looks like mint jelly to me. Oink, is it minty? It isn't sputum pot, infectious viral phlegm is a lighter green.
Edit, looks nothing like mint jelly, couldn't open the pic at first. Looks like..... nope, no idea.
No, bananary

I just texted HID about posting my lunches on here and her only concern was if I'd put it in a nice glass. I said it probably wouldn't have made any difference.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I just texted HID about posting my lunches on here and her only concern was if I'd put it in a nice glass. I said it probably wouldn't have made any difference.
Pour some on the sidewalk and post the pic, presentation is everything. ... Nothing against bananas, don't get me wrong.
Edit: Oh well, you got chicken last night, maybe another treat is in order.

Last edited by caretaker; Oct 25th 2017 at 11:02 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 4:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds very nice and sane.
You can just whip up a tiny batch, use 1/4 of a nappa cabbage and 1/4 of a daikon and half a cucumber and 1 or 2 green onions (it's good the same day), make some rice and grill some prawns or salmon and see how it flies. Few blasts of nuoc mam or shrimp powder in the paste if you have it. Maybe she'll fall prey to the lovely steel guitar accompaniment.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 5:25 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You can just whip up a tiny batch, use 1/4 of a nappa cabbage and 1/4 of a daikon and half a cucumber and 1 or 2 green onions (it's good the same day), make some rice and grill some prawns or salmon and see how it flies. Few blasts of nuoc mam or shrimp powder in the paste if you have it. Maybe she'll fall prey to the lovely steel guitar accompaniment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-qtwLpDOzE
Can you still buy cabbages? I thought they were from the olden days?
Old Oct 26th 2017, 6:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

My mother in law stuffs the leaves. Long preparation, short time to eat.

Nice to eat, mind, but I don't have that kind of patience.

I find cabbage goes very nicely with baked beans as a side to a burger patty.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 8:27 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm fast becoming from the olden days; fried cabbage, boiled cabbage, cabbage stew, cabbage soup, cabbage salad, cabbage on a stick... the possibilities are endless. That Bohunk soup with cabbage and potatoes and carrots and onions and sausage?, I never needed a recipe for that, it's in my DNA. St Paddy's Day I'll make corned beef and cabbage if I find a nice brined brisket. Live on the edge, make sure to put lots of cucumbers in your kimchi. It's trendy enough you should be able to make that for a party and get away with it. I had leftover pork and rice, lettuce and kimchi for lunch and it was great.
Old Oct 28th 2017, 7:06 am

Gosh, I'm hungry. My body is eating itself. I think I can hear noises.
Old Oct 28th 2017, 10:18 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Did you ever get your kippers? It seems wise to have them once or twice before Christmas morning just for the practice - poached in milk then sautee'd in butter. It is a Saturday and that's a bit special.... All I got yesterday was a Subway sandwich for lunch because I had to give my friend a ride from up north back to the city so 14 hrs driving.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 5:27 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Kimchi hotdogs, (Halal chicken weiners on sale $1 at No Frills), and Pilsner x2.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 8:13 pm

Turkey meatballs and spaghetti. Life is good.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 8:39 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Passed the speedo test then?
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 6:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

For these noodles and kimchi we are truly thankfull, ramen.
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-20171102_121229.jpg  
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 6:16 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

For these noodles and kimchi we are truly thankfull, ramen.

What happened to all the spicy Mexican fare?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 4:59 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Pork and rice.
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-20171106_115005.jpg  
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Pork and rice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.