Lunchtime Choices

Old Jan 27th 2018, 5:50 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

For the noodles we are about to receive we are truly thankfull.
Ramen
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-20180127_124535.jpg  
Old Jan 27th 2018, 6:09 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit I thought of Oink tonight as I cooked my dinner, a lovely and very large fillet of sockeye salmon, which I served up with a salad and a couple of lagers (Haake Beck). There are 2 breweries in Bremen, the world-famous Beck's, and the much nicer beer from Haake Beck.

EDIT - this should be in Teatime Choices (for me) but I suppose it's lunchtime for you lot. We always said Canada is behind the times
Old Jan 31st 2018, 9:16 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Oh Oink, that's fine dear, just leave it on your plate and go outside and play. Teaandtoday5, the easiest way to try it might be if you're in the big city and see a Korean food truck slam on the brakes and get a dish with a side of kimchi.

Not a fan of kimchi either, but I was just reading yesterday that it is incredibly healthy for the human gut (micro biome).
Old Feb 1st 2018, 4:05 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the UK for a few days so wandered along to the local pub in the village for lunch. I had smoked haddock with poached eggs and bubble & squeak, washed down with a couple of pints of Woodforde's Norfolk Nog winter ale. Lovely.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 4:10 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Back in the UK for a few days so wandered along to the local pub in the village for lunch. I had smoked haddock with poached eggs and bubble & squeak, washed down with a couple of pints of Woodforde's Norfolk Nog winter ale. Lovely.
I'm not sure about the combination of fish and eggs but if you add anything else to get me envious, like having the weekend Guardian and Observer to read at your leisure, you're off my christmas card list.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 4:26 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I'm not sure about the combination of fish and eggs but if you add anything else to get me envious, like having the weekend Guardian and Observer to read at your leisure, you're off my christmas card list.
It’s Thursday
Old Feb 1st 2018, 4:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
It’s Thursday
Advance warning
Old Feb 4th 2018, 11:43 am
Lowering the tone

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Just for you, matey...
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-file-04-02-2018-12-39-52.jpeg  
Old Feb 4th 2018, 1:32 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Just for you, matey...
Free in Waitrose too

Old Feb 6th 2018, 7:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

No time to get out today, so ramen and kimchi again.
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-typoe.jpg  
Old Feb 20th 2018, 5:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-20180220_120605.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2018, 7:33 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Hamburger steak with fried onions and gravy, chips and peas, and beer in accordance with Canada's Food Guide.
Much as Peter Gunn is the classic break tune of the roadhouse band, the hamburger steak is the yardstick by which you rate the roadside diner.
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-20180401_135016.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Apr 1st 2018 at 8:41 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 3:14 pm
Oscar nominated

A little onion, some leftover lamb and green beans fried with Jamaican curry powder, mashed potato and baked beans added.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:58 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Leftover ribs and rice and kimchi at work, a little change-up from my normal old noodle-bowl. Just 3 minutes in the microwave! My bbq sauce is a mixture of Kraft regular, hoisin, and Korean gochujiang paste.
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-20180430_115339_015.jpg  
Old May 23rd 2018, 7:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Brought my lunch again, and pairing it with a couple of Calgarys out of my locker. I have surprisingly little adult supervision around here.
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-20180523_125515.jpg   Lunchtime Choices-farside.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; May 23rd 2018 at 7:30 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.