Lunchtime Choices

Old Sep 22nd 2019, 4:11 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

Hospital lunch today, chicken schnitzel with corn relish on the side, potato, carrots, baby corn and broccoli. Wholemeal dinner roll with butter. Trifle. I want to take the chef home with me.
Old Sep 22nd 2019, 2:41 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hospital lunch today, chicken schnitzel with corn relish on the side, potato, carrots, baby corn and broccoli. Wholemeal dinner roll with butter. Trifle. I want to take the chef home with me.
One of my sisters is in hospital out on the coast; fell and has something called a T-12 compression fracture. Her emails indicate she is zoned on painkillers, and she's been sending pics of hospital food. Does this look like your chicken schnitzel?

Old Sep 22nd 2019, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually looks pretty good for hospital food.

The last time I was in hospital (2012) I spent 6 weeks there, and boy was the food ever bad, especially on Thursday when it was this fish covered in some sort of creme sauce, luckily the nursing station had semi decent sandwiches they would give out on request.

The picture there you posted, looks pretty tasty.

Originally Posted by caretaker
One of my sisters is in hospital out on the coast; fell and has something called a T-12 compression fracture. Her emails indicate she is zoned on painkillers, and she's been sending pics of hospital food. Does this look like your chicken schnitzel?

Old Sep 23rd 2019, 8:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by caretaker

Looks better than AirNZ fare.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 7:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't eaten in 24 hours so sausages and eggs on toast with baked beans and a vodka and tonic; I shoot a hole in holistic.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 10:50 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Scotland this weekend and on the drive home we stopped at Cairn Lodge services which is a sister operation of the Tebay Services. Very nice grub. I had a haggis Scotch egg. The haggis was lovely and the egg was still runny. Perfect.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 3:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Smoked salmon sandwich and a stonkingly good cup of tea.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 4:22 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Rearranged the freezer this morning to fit in some meat, found half a packet of little steak pies that I bought a few months ago for a visitor. Not something we usually eat but since the box wouldn't fit back in....... Very yum!
Old Oct 14th 2019, 5:38 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
HID said bread is the new asbestos. It sounds delicious to me.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 5:40 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Rearranged the freezer this morning to fit in some meat, found half a packet of little steak pies that I bought a few months ago for a visitor. Not something we usually eat but since the box wouldn't fit back in....... Very yum!
Giggerty
Old Oct 14th 2019, 12:13 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Oink
Giggerty
Had to look that word up - I sort of understand the meaning but don't get the relevance to my post. Must be getting old! (ps no need to explain, I'd like to retain what little innocence I have)
Old Oct 14th 2019, 1:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I hope you don't dunk. My MIL occasionally dunks buttered toast. I'll dunk a sandwich or toast in soup but not tea/coffee.

It was only a small turkey yesterday and it's the cold (Boxing Day) version today. After setting aside enough for dinner tonight, if there's enough spare, it'll be a turkey sandwich for lunch, maybe with some turkey soup from the carcass.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 2:27 pm

Had to look that word up - I sort of understand the meaning but don't get the relevance to my post. Must be getting old! (ps no need to explain, I'd like to retain what little innocence I have)
Me too, I misspelled it, it should be 'giggity'.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 3:43 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I hope you don't dunk. My MIL occasionally dunks buttered toast. I'll dunk a sandwich or toast in soup but not tea/coffee.

It was only a small turkey yesterday and it's the cold (Boxing Day) version today. After setting aside enough for dinner tonight, if there's enough spare, it'll be a turkey sandwich for lunch, maybe with some turkey soup from the carcass.
Ummmm but Thanksgiving is today

Old Oct 14th 2019, 4:48 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Ummmm but Thanksgiving is today
This way we get a Sunday roast and then Turkey (still) today.
On CBC radio this morning they said that many actually have their Turkey on the Sunday, so I'm just Canadianised.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.