Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Sep 14th 2008, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by tiger222
3rd Solicitor's the charm! ::
Let's hope it is 3rd time lucky!!

OR, if you do go, bring a dish! She can supply the wine!
That sounds safer.

Originally Posted by mary1967
You're welcome to meet up with us if you're heading to Perth!

You're nearly there - just one more sleep to go:

LOL, thanks Mum.

Party at mine!!!!! Bring your own food:
I'll be there - one day!

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
One day I'll post on here!

What a day that will be.
Do you ever stop smiling and celebrating?
What's it like?
I have no idea, but I'm here, so please join in.

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi,

We got our visa in July but cannot make any further decisions until OH high court claim in settled on Dec 3rd. We too are unsure whether we can may a one way trip or have to validate. We are hoping to be gone by April a the latest for good.

Helena
Sounds like you have a bit more waiting to get through, but you will get there in the end.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:39 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mary1967
You're welcome to meet up with us if you're heading to Perth!

You're nearly there - just one more sleep to go:

LOL, thanks Mum.

PMSL.............
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6781924]:

Over time, people will either disappear or graduate to the Barbie, so this thread will gradually fall out of use too.

I suspect that I may have a long time subscription to this thread.
Being a paperbased 475 Marchie I now expect a while to go before even getting a CO.
Knowing that there may still be a bit of a wait to go doesn't make it any easier though.

Johnnyyt
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:32 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Baby -

I have to laugh and cry with you because I know that much of what you're saying is just a function of traveling with 4 small children! Actually, I was waiting for you to say that your son started to VOMIT on the plane (or bus) and had to be taken to the ER! So fortunately that didn't happen!

I have 4 and I've traveled with them domestically alone and those kinds of stories are typical.
Now add in the fact that there's immigration rules to follow, a new country, on the move with no permanent place to live, etc and things can really get hairy!

Hang in there, keep the sense of humor, and it will get better!!
your so right I had visions of that happening as well I was hoping he would fall asleep and wake up feeling better luckily for us he did as the thoughts of him getting sick and may be not being allowed fly were at the back of our minds we would have coped with that if it happened though im glad we can luck back and see the funny side now

Thanks Tina we are enjoying the new baby she is so good
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Good idea, nice to catch up with some other familiar names from BE.

We have now been in Oz for over 2 months, the UK seems a very long time ago now (which is good and bad). Children very settled in to new school, nice rental, hubby found work easily.

Good luck to everyone, whether you're still waiting or about to leave the UK

Sam
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi

Good idea, nice to catch up with some other familiar names from BE.

We have now been in Oz for over 2 months, the UK seems a very long time ago now (which is good and bad). Children very settled in to new school, nice rental, hubby found work easily.

Good luck to everyone, whether you're still waiting or about to leave the UK

Sam
2 months That's gone so quick. How do you feel Sam, is it everything you expected? We're here for the good, the bad and the ugly...............and any advise you can give us.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:34 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Mary that is great news about a rental and your pets being able to stay your friend has done well for you there its a great start for you

Nic any news i rem your last solicitor what are the odds of two being let go and i agree with Tiger third time the charm

Nige good luck youll love it

The Clarkeys the joys of moving across the world with a family

well today we got a bank account sorted very easy, then registered with medicare and have started the ball rolling with getting registered with center link waiting on tax file numbers to come now and DH starts work tomorrow

now the real fun begins
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

Can I join the thread please.

We are Marchies and got our visa in August.

We have just accepted an offer on our house about 5 mins ago. It's lower than we wanted, but they have nothing to sell and want to be in asap and we want to be out just as fast.

Jill
xxx
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by THORPES

We have just accepted an offer on our house about 5 mins ago. It's lower than we wanted, but they have nothing to sell and want to be in asap and we want to be out just as fast.

Jill
xxx
well done you got your visa the same day our daughter was born

hope the house sale goes well
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Jill
xxx
WOO HOO Well done on the offer fingers crossed it all goes smoothly for you xx
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Baby75

Hi Niamh,

How are you? Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. How are you finding Oz and the Sunshine Coast. We are rethinking the Sunshine Coast now We got our visa in July and will be over no later than April of next year. God, we can't wait. The thoughts of spending another winter here in Ireland make us want to cry

Helena

Last edited by helena39; Sep 15th 2008 at 3:54 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Jill
xxx
Hi Jill,

Congrats on the sale of your house. Can you ask your buyers if they fancy a nice holiday home here in Ireland!!!!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Baby75

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl.
Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Jill,

Congrats on the sale of your house. Can you ask your buyers if they fancy a nice holiday home here in Ireland!!!!

Thanks, I will ask them

Jill
xxx
Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:16 pm

Jill
xxx

Great news When are you looking to move?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Hi everyone
Not been on BE for a while. Good idea this thread I can find everyone in one place.
We were Sept 07 paperbased and got our visa on the 18th Aug 08.
Got visas in passports and booked flights for 29th Nov and have a rental for 6 weeks in Brisbane , Bulimba.
Since we got our visas we went to Italy to say goodbye to my sister and her family who live out there. I have been in hospital for an operation for my slipped disc so trying to get fit for the 24hr flight!
I think drinking a bottle of vodka will help me along!
In the middle of sorting out the container and book my son into school as we want to go to Redcliffe so have to wait to we get in the area, but apart from that every thing on course.
Handing my notice in tomorrow at work as im still off sick but no point going back

Have no house to sell as I have always rented, but want to wish everyone all the best with selling their houses. This time last year we was all wishing every one luck for their visas !
Maybe someone might start a thread saying " WE SOLD IT "
good luck every one with what they are doing and keep
lainey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.