March Applicants

Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future
Default Re: March Applicants

aww good luck to those on the countdown to their new life, hopefully we wont be long now

quick update, we have signed our contracts, and our buyers just waiting on the mining search to some back, which should be late this week or early next week, then they read to sign, hopefully our initial date will be ok, hoping to complete on 22nd/23rd april then we will stay with my parents a little while to sort out loose ends,not sure yet when we will fly but will either be last week in april or first week in may, bit scary cos we dont know any firm dates yet cant book any accomodation for when we arrive, just hope we can find summat so last min or be tent in someones garden me thinks

ohh has anyone got any recomendations as to which hotel to stay at at heathrow nite before we fly??????

we have started clearing house, well i say clearing we have cleared loft thats empty which was one of biggest jobs, reduced all ours and kids clothes down, finally chucked out those things none of us had worn in years, cleaned out all me drawers and cupboards and started giving everywhere a good clean so less to do once we finally get a firm date. thinking of just having a garage sale the week before we go, can advertise in schools newsletter and local shops so hopefully that will get rid of most of whats sellable, we have chucked out most of the junk already, and handing over bits n pieces to family as they come over to get rid of a few bits too

right well best feed the troops before its back to work at 6

good luck all those flying soon, have safe journeys

Dawn x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:48 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Well 3 weeks from now and we should be in the sky eh WV woohoo.

We are stopping in the travel lodge at Heathrow and it has cost us £40 for 2 rooms for the night before we travel.

You have to join travel lodge but thats free any hows.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:34 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything is moving on so quickly now for everyone.

We have accepted an offer on the house they are first time buyers so hopefully everything will run smoothly. A solicitor friend has done the HIPS pack and is sorting the legals so I know he will push the other solicitors

we need to be in Australia to validate by May 16th It will be close dont really want to return

Does anyone know what that thread was called that s-j started about once you had your visas and getting ready to leave it was a spin off of this one, anyone any ideas.

Just thought it may have some useful tips on there.

thanks

Kaye x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:59 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

I just love throwing all this crap away, makes me feel clean and free!!!! The kitchen is nearly finished, just rationing out the food to last til nxt week.

I think my clothes are done in one case It's tricky trying to prepare for any eventuality isn't it?

As for Heathrow hotels, I took a chance on one of those top secret things, it was cheaper than all the others at 70squid for a double, and turned out to be the Sheraton!!! woop woop

KOH & K how the hell did you get a room at 40squid!!! I'm always up for an upgrade, we can leave the kids with the men!!

Holy shit just realised it's 3 weeks today!!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:01 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Everything is moving on so quickly now for everyone.

Does anyone know what that thread was called that s-j started about once you had your visas and getting ready to leave it was a spin off of this one, anyone any ideas.

Just thought it may have some useful tips on there.

thanks

Kaye x

here you go doll

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468826
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:11 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
Thanks WV I will have a browse.

3 weeks I wish I could say the same.

Sounds like I will be the last to leave.

Good luck
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:20 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

I just love throwing all this crap away, makes me feel clean and free!!!! The kitchen is nearly finished, just rationing out the food to last til nxt week.

I think my clothes are done in one case It's tricky trying to prepare for any eventuality isn't it?

As for Heathrow hotels, I took a chance on one of those top secret things, it was cheaper than all the others at 70squid for a double, and turned out to be the Sheraton!!! woop woop

KOH & K how the hell did you get a room at 40squid!!! I'm always up for an upgrade, we can leave the kids with the men!!

Holy shit just realised it's 3 weeks today!!!!!
We are members of travel lodge ( which is free ) every now and again they have special deals, and it just turned out that they have got a deal on for the monday before we fly...............£20 squid per family room we have got 2 booked.

I gotta go with my mrs as her primary carer............you OH will have to have all the kids woohoo result.

Hang in there all you guys still waiting to sell up, it will happen.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:16 pm
live free or die

guys ur not gonna believe this, the incompetent twats at the British Embassy have screwed up my passport!!!!!

Before I sent it off (to get the name change) I rang twice to double check, then on Thursday I rang to check how it was and was told it would be in the post on Friday....

so today I though Id better check it is in the post....firstly they couldn't find it, then found out it wasn't even sent, and the checks weren't finished, needless to say I flipped, I'd been running round packing, sorting and throwing all day before the packers come tomorrow,

long story short, I have to ring them 2mw and find out what the chances are..it's absolute bollox it jeopardises our flights, which I payed extra baggage for, possibly new flights at short noticed price, car hire with the extra one way drop off fee,my last weekend with all my mates, and 2 other forms for immigration and customs.

i'm gutted, sucked off, angry and worried as hell

now the house is a bomb site so we're staying in the basement apartment tonight, probably won't sleep though,

estxxx
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

guys ur not gonna believe this, the incompetent twats at the British Embassy have screwed up my passport!!!!!

Before I sent it off (to get the name change) I rang twice to double check, then on Thursday I rang to check how it was and was told it would be in the post on Friday....

so today I though Id better check it is in the post....firstly they couldn't find it, then found out it wasn't even sent, and the checks weren't finished, needless to say I flipped, I'd been running round packing, sorting and throwing all day before the packers come tomorrow,

long story short, I have to ring them 2mw and find out what the chances are..it's absolute bollox it jeopardises our flights, which I payed extra baggage for, possibly new flights at short noticed price, car hire with the extra one way drop off fee,my last weekend with all my mates, and 2 other forms for immigration and customs.

now the house is a bomb site so we're staying in the basement apartment tonight, probably won't sleep though,

estxxx
WV,
Sorry to read bout the cock up, try not to worry im sure it will come good.
Hang on in there girl youve made it this far on the roller coaster ride of immigration !!
remember crouch-still cant spell it!!, touch engage!!
Teryna
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:45 am
Loving it in SA

estxxx
Aww mate.

Its just great aint it the country continues to piss you off and shaft you from all directions until you get on that plane to leave.

And when your on that plane to leave you bump into us and our kids and you wish you had booked on another flight

I feel for you hun, we got so much stuff still to sell our house looks like a bombsite too, thatmust be normal

Soon be all over we will be on that A380 sipping our lovely freebie drinks.

hang in there will soon blow over.

(((HUG)))
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:12 am
live free or die

pheeeewww

Apparently I had lost a passport (can't remember) so it was called up. Anyway should be finished about now, although I don't trust DHL that much..

As luck has it my friends parents are flying from Belguim to Oslo tonight, and then flying here tomorrow, so they can pick it up and bring it with them...close call

what an absolutely rubbish 24hrs......never mind

time to get excited now

KOH we'll pop back from our first class apartment and say hi now and again....

APRIL FOOL

2 weeks 2day!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

pheeeewww

Apparently I had lost a passport (can't remember) so it was called up. Anyway should be finished about now, although I don't trust DHL that much..

As luck has it my friends parents are flying from Belguim to Oslo tonight, and then flying here tomorrow, so they can pick it up and bring it with them...close call

what an absolutely rubbish 24hrs......never mind

time to get excited now

KOH we'll pop back from our first class apartment and say hi now and again....

APRIL FOOL

2 weeks 2day!!!!!
Tidy !! so glad alls well now. Emmigration who'd be fool enough to do it a??
Its been a lovely day here sun shining with a light breeze ive caught the sun again just topped up the tan. Me and OH talking today while sat at our friends pool everyday feels like a holiday here really strange.
Just off to bed now im on and early shift tomoz.
Hang on in there WV nearly here
Teryna
Teryna
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future

Hi all, What a week. Moved into rented flat and shippers are in today and tomorrow. Don't leave until 5th june but will be packing computer tonight so don't know if I will be able to get online.

so good luck to everyone and catch you on the flip side
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:06 pm
live free or die

Originally Posted by BallochBiddy
Hi all, What a week. Moved into rented flat and shippers are in today and tomorrow. Don't leave until 5th june but will be packing computer tonight so don't know if I will be able to get online.

so good luck to everyone and catch you on the flip side
all the best ballbag I mean Balloch
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

rosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nice

Hi Guys

I haven't been on here for weeks now, I just couldn't face it, after coming back form validating our visas in Brisbane. We had a really great time with my family and seeing friends too. The only fly in the ointment was that we had to come back to the Uk....... we just wanted to stay and get on with our new lives.

Since coming back I have become really anti social and disinterested in everything. As you can guess we have still not sold our house and that is the major factor holding us back. At the moment we cannot do anything until we sell it, sorry I will rephrase that and say we are unwilling to leave the country without selling our house. I have thought about all the alternatives and I would rather deal with all the paperwork myself than leaving it to the parents to sort out.

On Monday I gave notice to our Estate Agent and I am waiting on another one coming round next week. I am aware that the market has changed alot in the last six months and I am ready to reduce the price, so that we can get moving. The agent we were using just wasn't even getting people through the door for us. Anyway we will give this one a try and see how it goes.

Sorry guys if I am babbling on a bit, I am just really p....... off and just envious of everyone at the moment who is leaving......... I know it will all be worth it in the end but I just want that end to be NOW.

One seriously disillusioned and p......off.

Lesley-ann

Ps

Good luck to everyone departing in the next few weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.