March Applicants

Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by kkwall36
I know what you mean with the goodbyes.

Yesterday was supposed to be our swan song, but now our parents have arranged a brunch meet up for "another" final farewell!!!

We thought about it last night, and have decided we aren't going to attend, seeing everyone together, and all of them being upset would be too much for the kids or my OH.

We are going to visit everyone individually before heading of at lunchtime.

As you can see, I couldn't sleep. Have been awake since 4.30am. Nerves and excitement. It's starting to become real, rather than this dream we had so long ago. Fantastic but scarry as well.

No cold feet, just apprehension.

All the Best,
Kenny
Thats understandable we felt the same, we was excited, apprehensive, scared and bewildered that our dream was finally going to be reality. Weve been here 14wks on thursday its flown but we still feel abit like its a holiday.
started work within 10days my daughter found a job in 4 wks my husband starts a part time job tomorrow and my poor son is still trying to get an apprenticeship. Once or twice ive wondered if we have done the right thing but only breifly, if my son gets something we will feel settled.

We had our family goodbye on the Sunday at my sisters we left Uk on the Tuesday. It was quite harrowing saying goodbye to the family very upsetting for the kids mine and my sisters who i never dreamed would be upset being 15 and 19 which inturn upset my kids 19 and 22, which inturn upsets you. we then had to say goodbye to the inlaws the next day.
so im glad we did it in one go instead of individually we thought it would drag out the pain to much.
I dont envy you the goodbyes and i hope its all worth it. The pain and tears will take a few weeks to heal but im sure it will be well worth it once you get here. Hang on in there and good luck and if your ever passing near Bundaberg contact us and call in for a rum
Teryna
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bundybell
Thats understandable we felt the same, we was excited, apprehensive, scared and bewildered that our dream was finally going to be reality. Weve been here 14wks on thursday its flown but we still feel abit like its a holiday.
started work within 10days my daughter found a job in 4 wks my husband starts a part time job tomorrow and my poor son is still trying to get an apprenticeship. Once or twice ive wondered if we have done the right thing but only breifly, if my son gets something we will feel settled.

We had our family goodbye on the Sunday at my sisters we left Uk on the Tuesday. It was quite harrowing saying goodbye to the family very upsetting for the kids mine and my sisters who i never dreamed would be upset being 15 and 19 which inturn upset my kids 19 and 22, which inturn upsets you. we then had to say goodbye to the inlaws the next day.
so im glad we did it in one go instead of individually we thought it would drag out the pain to much.
I dont envy you the goodbyes and i hope its all worth it. The pain and tears will take a few weeks to heal but im sure it will be well worth it once you get here. Hang on in there and good luck and if your ever passing near Bundaberg contact us and call in for a rum
Teryna

Thanks Teryna,

Not looking forward to the next few hrs. Just about to go to my dads to say cheerio.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Like you say, it'll all be worth it in the end.

It's been a long slog, and I expect that today will be a real emotional purge for everyone. It's been so long coming that it probably wont be a bad thng to get it all out.

But cant say I am looking forward to it.

Thanks again, If your ever in Melbourne.......... I can do a rum as well, how about one wth Milk?? It's a Hawick thing!!!!

All the Best,
Kenny.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:55 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Teryna,

Not looking forward to the next few hrs. Just about to go to my dads to say cheerio.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's been a long slog, and I expect that today will be a real emotional purge for everyone. It's been so long coming that it probably wont be a bad thng to get it all out.

Thanks again, If your ever in Melbourne.......... I can do a rum as well, how about one wth Milk?? It's a Hawick thing!!!!

All the Best,
Kenny.
Me too, it's D day for us aswell, I went to bed crying last night just thinking about it, better to get it over and done with though..

Good luck to everyone, make sure you've enough kleenex
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Thanks Teryna,

All the Best,
Kenny.
Milk and rum must be drunk on ANZAC day i was told yesterday dont think i could manage that though cant drink milk yuk
Good luck
Teryna
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by welshviking
Me too, it's D day for us aswell, I went to bed crying last night just thinking about it, better to get it over and done with though..

Good luck to everyone, make sure you've enough kleenex
Well we got all the goodbyes over with, and it wasn't as bad as we thought, although my OH was in a bit of a state for an hr afterwards. Just the flights now at lunch time today.

As you can see, I cant sleep. Went to bed at 9am and woke at 1pm.

Best of luck with your trip.

Milk and rum must be drunk on ANZAC day i was told yesterday dont think i could manage that though cant drink milk yuk
Good luck
Teryna
Cheers Teryna.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:29 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's it we're all alone.........in the hotel I mean.

Spooky.

See you all soon....ish
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:41 am
live free or die

P.S.

katsmajic and KOH, I wanted to contact you earlier but the time dissapered..

So I thought I'd find a pic of you on here and there aren't any!!!

So if by any chance you log on in the hotel tonight and see this you'll have to look for a small fat arsed ginger woman and a tall bearded man

Looking forward to meeting you,
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:24 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
P.S.

katsmajic and KOH, I wanted to contact you earlier but the time dissapered..

So I thought I'd find a pic of you on here and there aren't any!!!

So if by any chance you log on in the hotel tonight and see this you'll have to look for a small fat arsed ginger woman and a tall bearded man

Looking forward to meeting you,
#

You in Travel lodge?

West bound M4 ?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

good luck to all you guys on your way
it's a bizzare whirlwind....still not sure if i've recovered

it's all worth it though!!
we'll do an up-date soon

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Arrived in Z at 5 minutes past midnight this morning.

Have slept fairly well, and am now about to go out into our big new world.

Off to see schools, house and have a look around. Weather is great 22c already.

It all starts now.......................:t humbsup:

Kenny
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrived in Z at 5 minutes past midnight this morning.

Have slept fairly well, and am now about to go out into our big new world.

Off to see schools, house and have a look around. Weather is great 22c already.

It all starts now.......................:t humbsup:

Kenny
welcome to austalia
welcome to your new life
Teryna
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:29 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants 2007

Originally Posted by andreak
Hi all
Just wanted to update you all on what I've been up to. Got back on Friday with daughter from our validation trip to Richmond NSW. OH went out the week before and started work, and he's stopping there now, but we had to come home to sell house (while daughter finishes school)
Well, what a fab time we had (apart from the hassle of trying to find a rental) it was brilliant, and we definately didn't want to come home .
Our trip was made 100% easier because we met a brilliant ex-pat on this site who lives in Richmond who helped us with absolutely everything. She pick OH up from the railway station, she showed him around, sent us photos of the place before we had even left the UK. Took him to sort his Medicare/Phone out.... the list is endless and we cant thank her enough.

It was only through this site that we met her and her lovely family so we think this is a fab site, and if I can help anyone like she has helped us I would do. It just goes to show that there are some fantasic, good, honest human beings out there.

Well we are looking forward to going back again and now I've been I know what I'm missing and what I have to look forward to.

Hope all the other Marchies are getting on OK with their lives if they have already moved over to Oz, and for those of us still in the UK ~ it won't be long till were all out there.
Andrea
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p.s. Thanks Rachelle
Oh I've only just seen this mate! Brought a tear to my eye

You're more than welcome and if theres anything I can do to help with sorting the young un out with school just shout

Chat soon

Rach xxxx
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Oh I've only just seen this mate! Brought a tear to my eye

You're more than welcome and if theres anything I can do to help with sorting the young un out with school just shout

Chat soon

Rach xxxx
Hey Rach, great to see a fellow south waleion is helping out. Where in south wales you from? We moved to Bundaberg in January from Chepstow.
Ive met one expat member in Bundaberg, met one who was passing through and have spoken to one other to night.
Its strange but once you are out here you are more happy to help those on the immigration trail a?
Teryna
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:33 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Rach, great to see a fellow south waleion is helping out. Where in south wales you from? We moved to Bundaberg in January from Chepstow.
Ive met one expat member in Bundaberg, met one who was passing through and have spoken to one other to night.
Its strange but once you are out here you are more happy to help those on the immigration trail a?
Teryna
Bore Da Teryna! (thats the only welsh I know by the way!!)

Yep definitely pleased to help out whenever I can. When you've been through the process yourself you know how hard it can be dont you

Originally from Monmouth (loved Chepstow Market!!) and then moved to Bridgend.

How long u been out here?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Bore Da Teryna! (thats the only welsh I know by the way!!)

Yep definitely pleased to help out whenever I can. When you've been through the process yourself you know how hard it can be dont you

Originally from Monmouth (loved Chepstow Market!!) and then moved to Bridgend.

How long u been out here?
Well well, what a small world.
I grew up in Monmouth my parents and sister still live there too.
Im from the rockfield end of town! where did you live
this is really exciting finding you all the way over here and we lived in the same UK town
Teryna
PS been here since Jan 10th

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.