March Applicants

Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future
Default Re: March Applicants

If you've used her address and she is close enough that you can go and pick mail up, it might be an idea to ask if you can use her address as we found it does have to be a "residential address" not easy if you've just moved there. Although I guess you must be able to do it other ways as not everyone who goes to Oz would know someone living there Hmmmm
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:21 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andreak
If you've used her address and she is close enough that you can go and pick mail up, it might be an idea to ask if you can use her address as we found it does have to be a "residential address" not easy if you've just moved there. Although I guess you must be able to do it other ways as not everyone who goes to Oz would know someone living there Hmmmm
Nah we're not close, and we don't even know where we're gonna live yet.....anywhere between North NSW and Cairns....only a small distance really....
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by welshviking
Guys where r u?

Cairns or Bris....sorry there's so many of us I can't remember where everyone is.

We arrive in Bris last night, we're also on the car hunt this weekend. Gonna do all the paperwork stuff Monday.

Teryna - exactly what did the Aussie driving license help you with?
Hi WV,
driving license seems to be asked for as proof for everything.
Especially useful for credit much needed when getting household stuff. Also for getting a rental as soon as you have a bank account and an address have the bank send you a bank staement there this will proof residential address,. tenats agreement works too. You could use s-j address for this. our licence cost $67 im in Bundaberg Qld 4hrs north of Brissie.
can i help at all
Teryna
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:57 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundybell
Hi WV,
driving license seems to be asked for as proof for everything.
Especially useful for credit much needed when getting household stuff. Also for getting a rental as soon as you have a bank account and an address have the bank send you a bank staement there this will proof residential address,. tenats agreement works too. You could use s-j address for this. our licence cost $67 im in Bundaberg Qld 4hrs north of Brissie.
can i help at all
Teryna
Cheers for the offer love,

We're not getting a rental at all see, we're looking to buy a caravan park, which could take months!!!

We're staying in the city caravan park at the mo, we thought we better had to get some ideas and see how it all goes.....hope it doesn't take that long though.

Off for a walk now
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by welshviking
Cheers for the offer love,

We're not getting a rental at all see, we're looking to buy a caravan park, which could take months!!!

We're staying in the city caravan park at the mo, we thought we better had to get some ideas and see how it all goes.....hope it doesn't take that long though.

Off for a walk now
Hey WV, a couple of the nurses i work with live in a caravan park so i guess you can yuse that as a legitamate address i will ask when i next see them in work and you could try using that address too-if you move into a caravan park for a while i mean.
hope you had a good walk, we are off to the markets then back to watch the calzagie fight.
Good luck
Teryna
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Great to hear alls well
sunny and 25 degrees here too dont you just love it.
We are going to a 'relay for life' event later this savo! well more evening there's a team from the hospital entered. they walk in relay all night one member or more at a time. there will be bands etc later there and plenty of grog i believe. raising money for cancer like the Uk race for life
Teryna
Hi Teryna,

Hope the relay for life went well. Not too Hungover afterwards??

Bought a car yesterday. Tried to be sensible and buy a small family car, but got carried away with the cars on offer. Didn't buy a big V6, but a V6 all the same. Stayed away from the 3- 4 ltr monsters, and opted for a 2.6ltr Vectra.

Nice car, handles well, and being a vectra, I am familiar with it.

Need to get my driving license sorted out now. Will do that this week, as well as medicare and the ambulance thingy (Just found out about ambulance costs and how to avoid!).

As you can see. I am early rising at the moment. Cant sleep past 5am. Must try and go to bed later.

All the Best,
Kenny
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kkwall36
Hi Teryna,

Hope the relay for life went well. Not too Hungover afterwards??

Bought a car yesterday. Tried to be sensible and buy a small family car, but got carried away with the cars on offer. Didn't buy a big V6, but a V6 all the same. Stayed away from the 3- 4 ltr monsters, and opted for a 2.6ltr Vectra.

Nice car, handles well, and being a vectra, I am familiar with it.

Need to get my driving license sorted out now. Will do that this week, as well as medicare and the ambulance thingy (Just found out about ambulance costs and how to avoid!).

As you can see. I am early rising at the moment. Cant sleep past 5am. Must try and go to bed later.

All the Best,
Kenny
Thats good we stayed away from the big cars we have a hyundai excel lovely car just big enough and doesnt cost too much to run either.
Relay for life was lovely no grog for us it was very sedate and peaceful. hubby and me commented on that if an all night walk was happening in Uk there would be plenty of booze and maybe even trouble?
Whats the ambulance thingy not heard about that?
Teryna
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Thats good we stayed away from the big cars we have a hyundai excel lovely car just big enough and doesnt cost too much to run either.
Relay for life was lovely no grog for us it was very sedate and peaceful. hubby and me commented on that if an all night walk was happening in Uk there would be plenty of booze and maybe even trouble?
Whats the ambulance thingy not heard about that?
Teryna
Apparently, you need to join the Ambulance membership service. But this is in Victoria, so not sure how it works in other states.

This nables you to be picked up by ambulance and not have a huge bill at the end. By joining for a small fee, you pay a small percentage of the actual bill.

Again, I am not sure how this works elsewhere, but I am sure other states will have something similar??

All the Best,
Kenny.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:58 pm
live free or die

I've never heard of the ambulance thingy either, will have to check that out.

Went in to the city today to do medicare and TFN, to park in THE most expensive car park ever!!! 33$ for 3 hrs!! well encourages you to use public transport, and then I found out that I could have done the TFn on line anyway...

And we got a car, and it's a bit beasty but we intend to use it as a working car, a Mitsubishi Triton, big 4x4 UTE thing, and we had a really good deal on it.

Also went looking at another car yest which was up by S-j, so we popped in on them, they've a lush house in a really nice area, and she gave us a little tour of her town, it's soo nice to see people settled and enjoying themselves after all the hard work.

So tomorrow we can actually enjoy a day instead of researching and rushing around, may even go to the beach, where we're picking the car up is luuussh!

anyway, night night
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,
Well checked out the ambulance thingy no charge in Qlds it seems its taken out of medicare phew!
day off today having hair coloured hope it turns out ok
off on friday anzac day too. e are going to the march at 6am in town should be quite moving.
just found out my dad went to a presentation last week to receive a medal for him serving im malaysia. Itt was presented to him by some malaysian governement person. He was so pround love him cant wait to see the photos.
Did you know that here in australia all war veterans and wifes receive free private health care. i wondered how come i was looking after so many oldies.
shame Uk cant treat the oldies there the same a?
O well best go off to have hair done food shopping cos nothing will be open friday im working tomorrow and weekend too. just getting used to shops not being open 24 7.
I will be able to sit out in the sun this avo.
Hope all is well with everyone.
Anyone heard from s-j lately shes not been on BE
Teryna
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Yeh, ambulance thingy is apparently only a victoria thing. Strange how all the states are so different.

Moving into our house today after shopping for mattresses, toaster, kettle etc.

Pick up my car tomorrow so will be mobile and not reliant on my SIL's car.

Also have a job interview on Tuesday in the city so fingers crossed.

My wife is looking for work now. (She is a nurse also Teryna) She isn't sure what she wants to do. She has always worked in private care for old people, but is wondering if she shouldn't go into general medical????

Decisions Decisions!!!!!

Off to start moving things now after getting the kids off to school. First day yesterday. Nervous start, but they loved it. Helps playing outside etc.

Have a good day everyone.

Rgds,
Kenny
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kkwall36
Hi All,

Yeh, ambulance thingy is apparently only a victoria thing. Strange how all the states are so different.

Moving into our house today after shopping for mattresses, toaster, kettle etc.

Pick up my car tomorrow so will be mobile and not reliant on my SIL's car.

Also have a job interview on Tuesday in the city so fingers crossed.

My wife is looking for work now. (She is a nurse also Teryna) She isn't sure what she wants to do. She has always worked in private care for old people, but is wondering if she shouldn't go into general medical????

Decisions Decisions!!!!!

Off to start moving things now after getting the kids off to school. First day yesterday. Nervous start, but they loved it. Helps playing outside etc.

Have a good day everyone.

Rgds,
Kenny
General medical is very hard but i guess she will know that. Private hospitals pay a little less hourly but it seems there are other perks. where i am at the Friendlies Society hospital they supply tea/coffee for breaks and cakes too. once a month they put on a lunch time BBQ for the staff too. Its smaller and lots more friendlier where i am. Im just starting to like it there my work load yesterday was 2 for most of the morning then i had 2 more patients about
1pm. I always have my breaks and always finish on time. They are also very accomadating tio those who have children when rostering. My ward is orthopedics/medical. I love medical nursing its where im most comfortable.
Is there a friendlies society hospital near you they have a few through Qld.
Good luck and i think the kids will settle quicker than you. Suesk-is in Townsville and her kids have settled real quick.
Teryna
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:40 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys from sunny Adelaide, not been below 25 since we been here.
We have not got any tinternet at rental so have to do it all thru library, been having lot of inerviews for work and have even had some job offers.
seen lot of houses for long term rental too.

Kat will come on here and tell you all about our lil adventure at Heathrow, its must be by contacts that made tgem hold up the A380 for us

Its lovely here guys aint no way were going back to UK visits maybe but thats it !!!!!!!!

Our rental is 10 drive from beach the views are stunning, beaches amazing.

well gotta go guys its must be dinner time.

TC xxxx
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
hi guys from sunny Adelaide, not been below 25 since we been here.
We have not got any tinternet at rental so have to do it all thru library, been having lot of inerviews for work and have even had some job offers.
seen lot of houses for long term rental too.

Kat will come on here and tell you all about our lil adventure at Heathrow, its must be by contacts that made tgem hold up the A380 for us

Its lovely here guys aint no way were going back to UK visits maybe but thats it !!!!!!!!

Our rental is 10 drive from beach the views are stunning, beaches amazing.

well gotta go guys its must be dinner time.

TC xxxx
welcome to australia,
Adelaide was my 2nd choice if we hadnt settled in queensland.
I went on a conference to surfers paradise a month ago met a couple of lovely nurse who were trying to get me to transfer. Will defo visit one day.
We are not going back either love it here. the sun the people are just ace, although interest rates going up is frightening.
Although i did have a pang of guilt this morning when my uncle sent me a photo of my dad standing outside a hotel in Newport. He was ready to go in to be presented a medal from a Malaysian government official for servive in malaysia during the war. O bless him if id been there i would have gone with him.
We been here 3 1/2 months and just starting to settle, our house plans have gone to council and we will be in there by Sept. so once we are in our own home i think australia will feel more like home.

Teryna
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:15 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Ive done a full account on the update forum - it makes entertaining reading...

We're all settling well, just need to get a house sorted agents are not in a hurry to respond here...
It rained last night, and this am, really rained..bizarre because although its not cold 19' etc we are feeling the cold, all got jumpers on today..everything is looking fresher and greener already.

Will pop on more as soon as we get a house/tinternet xx

take care to all xxxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.