March Applicants

Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:02 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants 2007

Originally Posted by bundybell
Well well, what a small world.
I grew up in Monmouth my parents and sister still live there too.
Im from the rockfield end of town! where did you live
this is really exciting finding you all the way over here and we lived in the same UK town
Teryna
PS been here since Jan 10th
Bloody hell! Never met anyone else from Rockfield on here!!

I'm a Wyesham girl myself.

What age group are you? May well know either you or your family? I'm 36 (feeling old!)
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:54 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

Hey Kids me and the big man a relaxing in Singapore, god it's great to leave behind all that stress.

Met katsmajic and KOH on the plane, i'll let them tell you about their almighty dilemma.....hence a late plane!!!

Brissie in the morn...well evening

xxx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice
Default Re: March Applicants 2007

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Bloody hell! Never met anyone else from Rockfield on here!!

I'm a Wyesham girl myself.

What age group are you? May well know either you or your family? I'm 36 (feeling old!)
i can put 10 years on you im 45 my sister is 40. Her name is Angela Jones. You may know her or of her she has a disabled boy of 19 called Craig. he is really well known in Monmouth.
How long you been out here and what do you think of it? Bit different from monmouth a?
teryna [tank] jones whats your name?

Last edited by bundybell; Apr 17th 2008 at 7:55 am.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by welshviking
Hey Kids me and the big man a relaxing in Singapore, god it's great to leave behind all that stress.

Met katsmajic and KOH on the plane, i'll let them tell you about their almighty dilemma.....hence a late plane!!!

xxx
Enjoy the break and brace yourself for a different type of stress all be it in the sunshine. Hope the rest of the journey goes well look forward to hearing how you settle.
good luck
Teryna
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

welcome to austalia
welcome to your new life
Teryna
Thanks Teryna,

So far so good. Have done all that we have needed to so far. Bank accounts TFN number house etc.

Will start the kids at school next week. went to view it, and meet the head teacher on wednesday. It's great, small but well equiped and class sizes are small. My BIL's kids have attended this school so we have a bit of history.

We also get our house today, which will be nice. Need to start shopping for stuff. My wife is so looking forward to that! It'll be 4-5 weeks before our stuff gets here so we will be living very basically until then. We have managed to beg borrow and steal most things we will need.

So really just the jobs, cars, medicare, driving licence's to sort out now!!!!

B/Rgds,
Kenny & Wendy

Originally Posted by welshviking

xxx

Hope you have enjoyed your stay in singapore.

Best of luck when you arrive. I am sure everthing will go great.

Rgds,
Kenny & Wendy
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Kenny
Word of advice get the golden ticket which is an ozzie driving license it opens all sorts of gateways.
We sorted things quite quickly too been here 3 months hoping to start building our own home next month.
im hoping that will make us feel more settled Hubby started a part time job this week sons gone labouring for the first time today.
Jobs for the family have been pretty hard to find something we just was not prepared for
Stay in touch
Teryna
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

louise79nga has a brilliant futurelouise79nga has a brilliant futurelouise79nga has a brilliant futurelouise79nga has a brilliant futurelouise79nga has a brilliant futurelouise79nga has a brilliant futurelouise79nga has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LiverpoolLass
Getting the visa in Sept would be great. I'm not MODL though so it's anyones guess. I've been looking on the Austimeline and Sept/Oct seems normal timeline for March applicants. I'm a teacher and hope to finish my job in December and fly out in the New Year. Can't wait!!!!

Yes i spoke to an operator this morning and he actually said they are working on November applicants at this stage..

March will take another 3-4months still

waiting waiting..
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

Isnt this march 2007 I hope for all our sakes that we arnt waiting until nov
Im an aprilee just had security checks done so hopefully it shouldnt be long now for us
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Hey Kenny
Word of advice get the golden ticket which is an ozzie driving license it opens all sorts of gateways.
We sorted things quite quickly too been here 3 months hoping to start building our own home next month.
im hoping that will make us feel more settled Hubby started a part time job this week sons gone labouring for the first time today.
Jobs for the family have been pretty hard to find something we just was not prepared for
Stay in touch
Teryna
Hi Teryna,

Thanks for the advice. We will get it sorted next week. We are going to start looking for cars this weekend, and will get some money sent next week to start spending.

Received the keys for our house today. Only a rental, but very pleased with it. Lcation couldn't be better.

Just sent of a few job applications so will wait to see how they pan out.

We appear to be ticking along nicely at the moment.

Your building your own home! Terrific. One day that will be our dream.

Cant believe how laid back everything and everyone is. Will take a while to slip into that mind set.

Take care,
Kenny
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kkwall36
Hi Teryna,

Thanks for the advice. We will get it sorted next week. We are going to start looking for cars this weekend, and will get some money sent next week to start spending.

Received the keys for our house today. Only a rental, but very pleased with it. Lcation couldn't be better.

Just sent of a few job applications so will wait to see how they pan out.

We appear to be ticking along nicely at the moment.

Your building your own home! Terrific. One day that will be our dream.

Cant believe how laid back everything and everyone is. Will take a while to slip into that mind set.

Take care,
Kenny
Kenny,
Weve been here 3 months now and we are only just getting into the slow pace of life Its strange feeling there really are 'no worries' here a?
Stay in touch hope a job offer comes in real soon
off to woolies for the weekly shop everything is shut on a sunday here!
teryna
PS watch the bank they charge for everything even printed transaction statements at the cashpoint only cents but it alll adds up. somthing thats not needed in the first weeks before money starts rolling in.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Kenny,
Weve been here 3 months now and we are only just getting into the slow pace of life Its strange feeling there really are 'no worries' here a?
Stay in touch hope a job offer comes in real soon
off to woolies for the weekly shop everything is shut on a sunday here!
teryna
PS watch the bank they charge for everything even printed transaction statements at the cashpoint only cents but it alll adds up. somthing thats not needed in the first weeks before money starts rolling in.
Hi Teryna,

Yeh I noticed that the bank charges are totally different than the UK. We get charged $5 a month on our current account a month just for having it??

We also asked for a cheque book but apparently there could be charges involved in using it, although not explained to us at the time.

I need to move down a gear now. Will adopt the "No worries Mate" attitude as my mantra.

To be 25c here today, so will look for a car, and then have a few beers outside.

Cheers,
Kenny
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Teryna,

Yeh I noticed that the bank charges are totally different than the UK. We get charged $5 a month on our current account a month just for having it??

We also asked for a cheque book but apparently there could be charges involved in using it, although not explained to us at the time.

I need to move down a gear now. Will adopt the "No worries Mate" attitude as my mantra.

To be 25c here today, so will look for a car, and then have a few beers outside.

Cheers,
Kenny
Great to hear alls well
sunny and 25 degrees here too dont you just love it.
We are going to a 'relay for life' event later this savo! well more evening there's a team from the hospital entered. they walk in relay all night one member or more at a time. there will be bands etc later there and plenty of grog i believe. raising money for cancer like the Uk race for life
Teryna
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:41 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Teryna,

Cheers,
Kenny
Guys where r u?

Cairns or Bris....sorry there's so many of us I can't remember where everyone is.

We arrive in Bris last night, we're also on the car hunt this weekend. Gonna do all the paperwork stuff Monday.

Teryna - exactly what did the Aussie driving license help you with?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Hi there
Having just been on our reccie trip, my OH who is staying there (got a job) got a driving licence because this gives points for when you want to get a rental. I think its only 10 points, but when your new to the country it all adds up.

It only took about half an hour and is done straight away at your nearest Road and Traffic Authority (RTA) mine will last three years and cost $106.00. Its a lovely NSW driver licence with a lovely flower in the middle, OH got one for five years, cost a bit more. Take passport, current driving licence and proof of a residential address.
Andrea
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:42 pm
live free or die

Originally Posted by andreak
Hi there
Having just been on our reccie trip, my OH who is staying there (got a job) got a driving licence because this gives points for when you want to get a rental. I think its only 10 points, but when your new to the country it all adds up.

It only took about half an hour and is done straight away at your nearest Road and Traffic Authority (RTA) mine will last three years and cost $106.00. Its a lovely NSW driver licence with a lovely flower in the middle, OH got one for five years, cost a bit more. Take passport, current driving licence and proof of a residential address.
Andrea
Ah, we don't have any address, so guess we can't do that. But soon as poss we will.

Hope we don't need an address for everything or we're screwed, although i've used S-j's address for the customs shipping form...hopefully they won't turn up with a container on her doorstep!!

It must be hard for you having to go back without him...it'd kill me,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.