March Applicants

Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future
Default Re: March Applicants

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well, and things are moving for you!

Had another viewing of the house on Saturday, but no feedback as yet????

This process is a continual series of nail bites, one after the other, waiting and waiting. I dont think I am going to have any nails left by the time we get there.

Rgds,
Kenny & Wendy
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

rosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nice

Originally Posted by loubylou1
GOOD LUCK AND FINGERS CROSSED FOR ALL THOSE WAITING FOR THIER VISAS! and may this wek be the one! lesley, I hope you have a bottle of fizzy on ice hun! loux
Lou

That bottle of Champagne has been in the fridge, so long that it has iced up.....

Well, we got a reply this morning and .......... No not a Visa, just the Co wanting a Scottish Police check. Sounds okay but how can you get one if you haven't got a residential address in Scotland, Gordon hasn't even lived there for 25 years.

All he did was fly in to Aberdeen and fly out to the rig and back again, then he came straight home.

I am now trying to get intouch with BP to see if I can get a copy of his rostas, to show he was only there for two weeks. If anyone has any other ideas on how I can get round this, PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Lesley-ann

(Stressed out and pulling my hair out).
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:06 pm
The Harlows

nadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the rough

Hi Kenny & Wendy

we are in same boat, peple coming round, they hardly say anything, then go and then the next people come round................ its horrid.

As soon as we have sold our house we are off, we have shut our business down and Paul is just sub-contracting at the moment, we just wanna go.........................................

kind regards,

Nadine & Paul
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:20 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I know the feeling my champagne is icing too.

Hubby has to go back to nurse today for his 2nd check up for blood pressure the stress is finally getting to me.

Had my first thought of whether it is all worth it today it.

So many things the kids want to do before we leave cant see us going til end of May at this rate.

House isn't even on the market yet hubby working 7 days a week no time to finish the bit of decorating we are doing.

Sorry for the moan

Kaye x
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats kelsey, andy, drew and kody!!!
see you prob at the weekend sometime. will ring you. xxxxxxxxx We will be there soon too and wont have anything or anyone apart from me, si and the 4 kiddies... And kels and andy will be at the airport with the carseats for me..... will be at bogan logan Ikea before we know it!!
S-j xxx got 7wks, shipping coming today to drop off the boxes and will collect on the 9th October. hopefully wont have long to wait at the other side then. can beg steal and borrow here.

Take care peeps..

Last edited by s-jmelbournewannabe; Oct 1st 2007 at 11:58 pm. Reason: oops forgot kels
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Good luck Kels and family, really will luck out for your updates. Have a good time
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nadineopotiki
Hi Kenny & Wendy

we are in same boat, peple coming round, they hardly say anything, then go and then the next people come round................ its horrid.

As soon as we have sold our house we are off, we have shut our business down and Paul is just sub-contracting at the moment, we just wanna go.........................................

kind regards,

Nadine & Paul
We are almost tempted to drop the price again (Only dropped it last week to get some interest going! Since then, one viewer).

It is soul destroying. But I am still looking at the bigger picture, and am sure it will be worth it.

Originally Posted by wardy2

Hubby has to go back to nurse today for his 2nd check up for blood pressure the stress is finally getting to me.

So many things the kids want to do before we leave cant see us going til end of May at this rate.

House isn't even on the market yet hubby working 7 days a week no time to finish the bit of decorating we are doing.

Sorry for the moan

Kaye x
Hi Kaye,

I was referred to a cardiologist for my White coat hypertension. cost me around £300 to eventually tell me that I am okay. I do have borderline HBP but not worth treating.

Wasn't even mentioned when the visa was issued.

Chin up. I am sure it will be fine.

Best Regards,
Kenny.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

S-J Have you seen this in the classified

http://britishexpats.com/classifieds...uct=1294&cat=5, you can delete it if you don't want OH to see
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:54 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kkwall36
We are almost tempted to drop the price again (Only dropped it last week to get some interest going! Since then, one viewer).

It is soul destroying. But I am still looking at the bigger picture, and am sure it will be worth it.

Hi Kaye,

I was referred to a cardiologist for my White coat hypertension. cost me around £300 to eventually tell me that I am okay. I do have borderline HBP but not worth treating.

Wasn't even mentioned when the visa was issued.

Chin up. I am sure it will be fine.

Best Regards,
Kenny.
Thanks Kenny

I have spent some much time researching all the info that was necessary I thought it would be me that caused the delay with meds.

I told hubby about 2 months ago it was time to cut down on all the crap alcohol, salt etc was warned it could take 6 weeks to have any affect on his body but he wouldn't listen and was sure it would be all flushed in a week, well he was wrong and here we are

I dont think to be honest its the white coat syndrome its just what he does to himself he has a very hard physical job and he believed he was invincible.

I dont mean to moan but my job for the last year has been to do all the work and research for this move and now I am no longer in control and I cant handle it

kaye
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Congrats kelsey, andy, drew and kody!!!
see you prob at the weekend sometime. will ring you. xxxxxxxxx We will be there soon too and wont have anything or anyone apart from me, si and the 4 kiddies... And kels and andy will be at the airport with the carseats for me..... will be at bogan logan Ikea before we know it!!
S-j xxx got 7wks, shipping coming today to drop off the boxes and will collect on the 9th October. hopefully wont have long to wait at the other side then. can beg steal and borrow here.

Take care peeps..
Dont mention the "I" word Nat is already planning shopping trips their with her cousin whos here at moment, on the plus side at least i dont have to go

Steve (hates shopping)
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wardy2

Sorry for the moan

Kaye x
Oh Kaye we are all going through the same emotions and have so much in common I have people coming to see my house tomorrow and friday Im so emotionally drained I cant be bothered with it all now.Weve had removal company out another quote over 4 thousand for a 20 ft container just dont know what to do.The homes in cairns are going up in price tooif we rent for 6-12 months they might be putting us down to the next bracket and we might only afford a 3 bed home. Moan away you are in good company didnt get 40kg baggage allowance either flying direct via cathay pacific what do I take in my case now?xx trudi
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sophjam
Oh Kaye we are all going through the same emotions and have so much in common I have people coming to see my house tomorrow and friday Im so emotionally drained I cant be bothered with it all now.Weve had removal company out another quote over 4 thousand for a 20 ft container just dont know what to do.The homes in cairns are going up in price tooif we rent for 6-12 months they might be putting us down to the next bracket and we might only afford a 3 bed home. Moan away you are in good company didnt get 40kg baggage allowance either flying direct via cathay pacific what do I take in my case now?xx trudi
This thread might help, just remember why you started this in the first place

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484691

All about how much it has cost, which at least gives some figures to work on

Hope it helps
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi Trudi!
We just got a quote from reads removals and were quoted £3,200 for a 20ft container door to door, but we are going to take just 10 cubic meters for £1,660 (but are getting one more quote next week from pickfords)
www.readsremovals.com
Tracey.x
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kkwall36

Kenny.
Hi Kenny,
don't drop your price just yet if you only reduced it last week. Interest rates are rumoured to be taking a drop on thurs - lets just see hey?

We don't want to leave until mid/late jan at the earliest as we have a little more saving we'd like to do and in an ideal situation we don't want to end our mortgage before jan as we'll have a 5000 penalty to pay

We will, however, reduce our price at some point throughout this month to encourage a sale before the christmas period if not much interest.

when do you want to go??

We have SIL coming over in november from Qld (Ipswich) so that will be nice, she can fill us in on everything we will need and whats what when we get there!

We had some good news today too! OH was talking to his manager and he said he'd sort out a quote from the shipping company they use (he works for a very big company) which will be considerably cheaper than the commercial shipping companies. We were looking into self shipping as we've decided to take everything and if we've not got it we're going to buy it here in sales or while it's a bargain. We decided we were either taking the lot or nothing! (just our personal opinion, i know we all in different situations!)

We're looking forward to our last christmas in the UK now. Last christmas we had no idea we would have our visa the next year and this year has been a bit of a roller coaster so we have a BIG relaxing family christmas planned to make the most of it.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their visas and CO's

xxxxxxx

Last edited by sammyg; Oct 2nd 2007 at 6:43 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The howellers
Hi Trudi!
We just got a quote from reads removals and were quoted £3,200 for a 20ft container door to door, but we are going to take just 10 cubic meters for £1,660 (but are getting one more quote next week from pickfords)
www.readsremovals.com
Tracey.x
thanks Tracey have emailed reads for a quote will try pickfords aswell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.