March Applicants

Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:42 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by Sianystar
When you guys made the lists did you just estimate how many boxes of "general' stuff you would have? I'm fine with the furniture but its everything else we seem to be having problems with working out!
nope...

I've just packed 3 boxes of books, 2 boxes of cd's and one big box of games....and that's stuff that doesn't need bubble wrap....imagine all the kitchen stuff you have, and ornaments/glass.....
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by welshviking
nope...

I've just packed 3 boxes of books, 2 boxes of cd's and one big box of games....and that's stuff that doesn't need bubble wrap....imagine all the kitchen stuff you have, and ornaments/glass.....
Aaaarrrggghhh! I don't even want to think about it. I'm allergic to packing (from my time as a pub manager and moved 11 times in 4 years )
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice

We came out with just ornaments, and personal stuff with sentimental value, and toys/ games for the kids. Furniture and kitchen stuff we figured we would need as soon as we got here, so we didn't pack it. The only furniture we bought with us was 2 double bed frames, as we could have a mattress on the floor for a few weeks! We treated ourselves to all new stuff, sofa, dinning table, beds for the kids, bedding, kitchen stuff. Kitting the whole house out from top to bottom we spent about $8,000, and the shipping cost for all our personal stuff was £1,100, including insurance, with pickfords. I hasn't arrived yet, it is due early feb, but they have been very good to date. We were lucy arriving just before Christmas, because we had a good excuse to buy the kids some new toys and games, so they aren't fed up with the wait for their stuff!
Anyway, I will be glad when it arrives safe and sound, but as we will be looking to buy here soon, we probably won't even bother getting it unpacked when it arrives, just to save us the bother packing it again!

loux

Last edited by loubylou1; Jan 20th 2008 at 9:35 pm. Reason: being thick and crap at typing!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by loubylou1
We came out with just ornaments, and personal stuff with sentimental value, and toys/ games for the kids. Furniture and kitchen stuff we figured we would need as soon as we got here, so we didn't pack it. The only furniture we bought with us was 2 double bed frames, as we could have a mattress on the floor for a few weeks! We treated ourselves to all new stuff, sofa, dinning table, beds for the kids, bedding, kitchen stuff. Kitting the whole house out from top to bottom we spent about $80000, and the shipping cost for all our personal stuff was £1,100, including insurance, with pickfords. I hasn't arrived yet, it is due early feb, but they have been very good to date. We were lucy arriving just before Christmas, because we had a good excuse to buy the kids some new toys and games, so they aren't fed up with the wait for their stuff!
Anyway, I will be glad when it arrives safe and sound, but as we will be looking to buy here soon, we probably won't even bother getting it unpacked when it arrives, just to save us the bother packing it again!

loux
Sorry is that eight thousand or eighty thousand:curse: just wanted to clarify as one seems low and the other figure really high
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beccie
Sorry is that eight thousand or eighty thousand:curse: just wanted to clarify as one seems low and the other figure really high
We bought all new here.......so $8,000 about £3500 to furnish and kit out complete house, from furniture to bedding, kitchen stuff, electricals the full works....which i think is good. ( we are family of 5........so fair amount of stuff needed) personally i would not have bought as much stuff over, but my hubby is a bit of a hoarder and collector, and very sentimental. I reckon if it wasn't for his vast collections of wood carvings and elephants we could have easily quatered the shipped stuff....the shipped stuff cost us £1,100 so converted $2200 when converted.

I hope that clarifies stuff.....sorry first post was confusing! I have now edited!

Loux

Last edited by loubylou1; Jan 20th 2008 at 9:36 pm. Reason: see prev post!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Whoops.....just properly read what you wrote! duh.......still too early for my brain to work properly....i will edit! meant to be 8000$ loux
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

nope...

so...for 4grandish you've also got to pack your own stuff???
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:17 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
so...for 4grandish you've also got to pack your own stuff???
no, they pack

but I want it out of the way, so it looks better when it's on the market
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

no, they pack

but I want it out of the way, so it looks better when it's on the market
aahhh! got ya!

What's the property market like where you are then?

x
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

I got a quote from Pickfords today to Brisbane for 20ft container including packing £2,900 - £3,900.

Insurance on £30,000 worth of stuff £980

Didn't think shipping is too bad but if you can buy all new for £3,500 ? what do we do, O/H's tools need to go though worth £20,000 so he say
Anyone know cheaper ways
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beccie
I got a quote from Pickfords today to Brisbane for 20ft container including packing £2,900 - £3,900.

Insurance on £30,000 worth of stuff £980

Didn't think shipping is too bad but if you can buy all new for £3,500 ? what do we do, O/H's tools need to go though worth £20,000 so he say
Anyone know cheaper ways

Crown estimated our insurance at 30,000 but it wouldn't cost that to replace it. I might get a quote for say 15,000. I'll let you know what they say. I'm also going to try different companies
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Hi, We used Crown for a 20ft container cost us £3730, then we had a scout around for insurance, found Letton Percival to be the cheapest on £23,000 it cost us £384. Hope this helps, it's a bit of a shock when you start looking into shipping cost. Good luck

Rob Helen & Caitlain
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by robertnhelen
Hi, We used Crown for a 20ft container cost us £3730, then we had a scout around for insurance, found Letton Percival to be the cheapest on £23,000 it cost us £384. Hope this helps, it's a bit of a shock when you start looking into shipping cost. Good luck

Rob Helen & Caitlain
Hi Can you tell me if it was Crown Relocations or Crown Removals, they seem to be different companies and I don't want to contact the wrong one

If you have an email address or web site address, that would be much appreciated.

Karen x
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hi Can you tell me if it was Crown Relocations or Crown Removals, they seem to be different companies and I don't want to contact the wrong one

If you have an email address or web site address, that would be much appreciated.

Karen x
Hi Karen,

We've used Crown relocations the web address is www.crownrelo.com found them to be a great bunch of guys and gals. We're waiting for our things to arrive should be by the end of Feb.

Hope this helps.

Rob Helen & Caitlain
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TheColebecks

Karen x

We used crown relo too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.