March Applicants

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by Sianystar
Great news!! Its such a great feeling, but really bizarre not needing to check the email every minute!
I sent our passports off today. Looking forward to seeing that stamp!
i think it took us 3/4 months to stop logging onto the computer to check email
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sammyg
i think it took us 3/4 months to stop logging onto the computer to check email
I'm spending more time on BE than ever, so many lists to make, so little time!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Crown estimated our insurance at 30,000 but it wouldn't cost that to replace it. I might get a quote for say 15,000. I'll let you know what they say. I'm also going to try different companies
Thanks that will be interesting
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robertnhelen
Hi, We used Crown for a 20ft container cost us £3730, then we had a scout around for insurance, found Letton Percival to be the cheapest on £23,000 it cost us £384. Hope this helps, it's a bit of a shock when you start looking into shipping cost. Good luck

Rob Helen & Caitlain
Hi
That half the price, would they let us use a different company for the insurance?
Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

ghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the rough

A biggggggg thanks to everyone.

I'll take the passports today Australian Consulate here in Auckland today, I guess they would stamp visas on the spot, isnt it ?

Great news!! Its such a great feeling, but really bizarre not needing to check the email every minute!
I sent our passports off today. Looking forward to seeing that stamp!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beccie
Hi
That half the price, would they let us use a different company for the insurance?
Thanks
yes, they will just supply the container if that's all you want. If it was left to my OH we wouldn't be insuring ours luckily it's not left to him

yes, anyone can insure, but most insurance companies will have wanted the packing company to have packed it
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

yes, they will just supply the container if that's all you want. If it was left to my OH we wouldn't be insuring ours luckily it's not left to him

yes, anyone can insure, but most insurance companies will have wanted the packing company to have packed it
Thanks will remember that, definately a lot cheaper than I thought.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ghanghro
Guys,

We just got our Visa Grant Email today Another marchie going to Melbourne soon ...

Thanks to everyone for great support on this forum.

Here is our timeline http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508161

Ghanghro
WoooooHooooo!! Congratulations

K xx
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by robertnhelen
Hi, We used Crown for a 20ft container cost us £3730, then we had a scout around for insurance, found Letton Percival to be the cheapest on £23,000 it cost us £384. Hope this helps, it's a bit of a shock when you start looking into shipping cost. Good luck

Rob Helen & Caitlain

Hmmm I don't get it, Crown have just sent an email quote to us, £4700+ for a 20foot container to Perth, perhaps its cos of the dates we gave them for shipping - earliest end June latest send Sept

Last edited by TheColebecks; Jan 22nd 2008 at 7:22 am. Reason: wrong price
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hmmm I don't get it, Crown have just sent an email quote to us, £4700+ for a 20foot container to Perth, perhaps its cos of the dates we gave them for shipping - earliest end June latest send Sept
That's a lot

don't get back to them though, let them contact you and then tell them it's too much. We've only just agreed ours and we had them round last summer. It's been backwards an dforwards since then.

You can sign the agreement within quite a small timescale, so let them sweat, and sweat over it
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:06 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ghanghro
Guys,

We just got our Visa Grant Email today Another marchie going to Melbourne soon ...

Thanks to everyone for great support on this forum.

Here is our timeline http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508161

Ghanghro

About bleedin time too mate!!!!

well done
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

10th August! Want to go now!!!
Whens your validation date? Hows the house clearing going?
congratulations!!! sorry i missed it chick xxxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by The howellers
Hi Sian and all you marchies!!
We have been in Melbourne 3 days now and its soo full on!!Great tho!
We have set up tax file numbers, driven around endless suburbs to see waht we like (still none the wiser!!), looked at cars (test driving a KIA sorrento 4x4 tom). been to a few beaches but was soo hot had to leave after about 15 mins!!
our 3 bed rental is really nice, but at over £400 a week, we need to find somewhere fast! But everywhere is soooo expensive (damn!)
Poor george (3) doesnt know what has hit him! He keeps saying "is this Australia?" Is the boat coming? (he knows all his toys are being shipped!), so we had to go to toysrus, and get him some belated xmas pressies!!

Sian..we were in Cheltenham today, and jus thinks this is now where we should live, but i think its to big and sprawling with a major road runing through the middle, although it does have a HUGE shopping centre! Houses not too bad price wise, but still around $400-$450 a week to rent a basic 3 bed AAHHHHH!

Lots of love to you all, its gone midnight and im shattered.xxxxxxxx
Hi there, Tracey,

Hope you're ok and lovin it. it'll calm down soon. keep in touch chick, enjoy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by welshviking
Yeah I thought Sam's list was quite big too, I made a primary and secondary list,

They thought all the primary stuff would fit in, and most secondary and we'd have to see from there, but i'm sure we didn't have that much.

How much has everyone covered themselves for with the insurance then?
We used letton percival chick, very cheap but not got back to me yet regarding our claim????????
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

g'day guys !!!!

it's been a looooong 3months off here but finally got our pc back, the shipping came yesterday, they packed it all and took it on the 8th oct, thats what we get for having a part container, we only shipped a small amount.

well congrats to all of you's that have visa's and have made the move !!

we love it here , still think im on hols though, it doesnt seam real.
i've been home sick , but am over that now , it probably lasted a couple of weeks, but then reality kicked in and realised you do have to adjust and go without things i took for granted : my car, Andy has to take ours to work now, whereas he had a works van in the uk, ( and he has to leave for work at 5;15am, and it takes around 40 mins to get there ,so not so easy to take him and have the car for the day. but my bro-inlaw works at the same place now, so we can start car sharing.) friends and family around the corner, but everyone is friendly here, that is probably the only things i have missed.

got loads to say but will have to tell you bit by bit, i still havent read through to catch up with the thread

speak to you all soon kels x
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
g'day guys !!!!

it's been a looooong 3months off here but finally got our pc back, the shipping came yesterday, they packed it all and took it on the 8th oct, thats what we get for having a part container, we only shipped a small amount.

well congrats to all of you's that have visa's and have made the move !!

we love it here , still think im on hols though, it doesnt seam real.
i've been home sick , but am over that now , it probably lasted a couple of weeks, but then reality kicked in and realised you do have to adjust and go without things i took for granted : my car, Andy has to take ours to work now, whereas he had a works van in the uk, ( and he has to leave for work at 5;15am, and it takes around 40 mins to get there ,so not so easy to take him and have the car for the day. but my bro-inlaw works at the same place now, so we can start car sharing.) friends and family around the corner, but everyone is friendly here, that is probably the only things i have missed.

got loads to say but will have to tell you bit by bit, i still havent read through to catch up with the thread

speak to you all soon kels x
Hya Kels,

Great to hear from you
Where are you living?
Is Drew enjoying school?
3 months!! it actually seems longer than that to me

We're staying in Augustine Heights with SIL at first, then we will stay in a holiday let (which we were going to book from here but now we think we'll do it when we get there)

Where have you been, what's been nice?

questions, questions

take care
Sam xxxxx
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Beccie
Hi
Thanks
Hi, We asked if that would be ok and they said yes thats fine, so we went on the search for insurance, no problems. So get searching for cheaper insurance, you'll need the money for the beers!!!!!

Rob Helen & Caitlain

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.