March Applicants

Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

beetleman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: March Applicants

Hi and Welcome back.....

I have a feeling you might be busy next week updating..

Well i hope so anyway.......
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Em76 will become famous soon enoughEm76 will become famous soon enough

WOW! Just looked at the spreadsheet and it is awash with orange and green. Congrats to all with good news. I haven't been around for 3 weeks as we did the reccie to Adelaide. Needless to say we loved it and am thoroughly depressed to be home!
V exciting news tho - we bought a piece of land in Mount Barker to build a house on! We cannot commence building until we have sold our house here, but at least we have made a move in the right direction.
All we need now is a visa, but our meds are in the endless backlog at LCU (hopefully, if not who knows where they are )
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

LiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really nice

Originally Posted by beetleman
Hi and Welcome back.....

I have a feeling you might be busy next week updating..

Well i hope so anyway.......
Fingers crossed It's been quiet the past 2 weeks. I have a feeling there'll be a flurry of activity next week too!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Em76
WOW! Just looked at the spreadsheet and it is awash with orange and green. Congrats to all with good news. I haven't been around for 3 weeks as we did the reccie to Adelaide. Needless to say we loved it and am thoroughly depressed to be home!
V exciting news tho - we bought a piece of land in Mount Barker to build a house on! We cannot commence building until we have sold our house here, but at least we have made a move in the right direction.
All we need now is a visa, but our meds are in the endless backlog at LCU (hopefully, if not who knows where they are )
Did you get permission from FIRB to purchase the land, if not you need it.
Also did you know that if you start building before a resident you will have to pay stamp duty.
We put deposit on piece of land in Qld in Feb while on our recci.
we had to apply for permission to buy and our ozzie solicitor told us about the stamp duty.
Teryna
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice

wow, it has just taken me an age to catch up.........crankie and missus.....big congratulations on your little baby girl! feeling a little worse for wear as lesley ann had her BIG 40 PARTY last night! wobbled in very late! got to go pick up the car at some point!
our ozzie dream seems to be getting further away by the minute, despite having visa......believe it or not make me and hubby feel very dispondent about it all. actually had my job offer with drawn cos i had taken too long to take up the post.......only got offered the job in march and was told i had a year to take it up....i am hoping it is just crossed wires, but still not needed. had 2 viewings yesterday..so fingers crossed we will have some news to cheer us up soon....ok moan over! good luck to all those waiting for news this week.....loux
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Em76 will become famous soon enoughEm76 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bundybell
Did you get permission from FIRB to purchase the land, if not you need it.
Also did you know that if you start building before a resident you will have to pay stamp duty.
We put deposit on piece of land in Qld in Feb while on our recci.
we had to apply for permission to buy and our ozzie solicitor told us about the stamp duty.
Teryna
Thanks for the info, we have applied to FIRB, but have been told it is pretty much a rubber stamping exercise. Didn't know about the stamp duty, but we should have our residency before we start building.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 3:41 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

hey all i'm back form a well deserved hol....

got in at 6 this morn....just caught up on enders...and you lot....while watching the Rhys Jones vigil...anyone else watching...it's heart breaking....tell you what though, it puts all our moaning over a frigging visa in to perspective

i've just read so much i can really remember what's happened to who but

cranky well done love she's lovely..

good luck with all the house market shite, makes me glad i'm not selling in the UK,

well done to new jobs and don't worry about those lost...another will come along...

no news off us....nearly 4 months since ack

whoever mentioned groundhog day hit it on the head though.

nice to be back

estxxxx
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 6:29 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knoydart
Fu****g Computer died only had it for 18 Months so cant check e-mails ordered a new one this morning .

What more can go wrong first hassle with ex-wife re daughters meds
second 2 year old son cystic fibrosis scare turned out to be Coeliac Disease minor compared to CF then reactive blood test at meds do you think we are supposed to go to Oz.

Never mind we're still trying to remain positive

Congratulations crankysid on the new baby

Frank& Gill
Knoy i am with you mate, i feel whatever could have gone wrong has gone wrong in our case and it still aint over yet.

Not been on for a while guys, trying to forget about stuff for a while, older kids playing up, were at a loss for what to do with them.

Catch you all around.

Last edited by Katsmajics other half !!!; Sep 2nd 2007 at 6:48 pm. Reason: speeling
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Amajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant future

Hi Guys
We have some good news. We sold our house last week, sorry this week, it's been a very long week and luckily it's been my week off. We have applied for our permit to take our doogy, because he's so big his flight alone is £2000, he'll be going about December and hopefully we will be going in November. We have a short chain, but I have to give 8 weeks notice. It's getting exciting and a little scary now.
Amanda
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amajon
Hi Guys
We have some good news. We sold our house last week, sorry this week, it's been a very long week and luckily it's been my week off. We have applied for our permit to take our doogy, because he's so big his flight alone is £2000, he'll be going about December and hopefully we will be going in November. We have a short chain, but I have to give 8 weeks notice. It's getting exciting and a little scary now.
Amanda

BIG CONGRATS on selling your house

2000 for the dog what is it?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Hi,

Well no word for us today.

Have people viewing the house on Wednesday so fingers crossed.

Anyone else waiting for meds to be cleared by LCu and have booked flights??

I am worried that we will get our visa, but will struggle to get flights, or will have to pay an arm and a leg for them.

I used to fly a lot of business miles, so have enough for a free flight to oz with Emirates, so need to use them for booking my tickets.

Also, when is the best time to book the house contents to go?? After the house sale? After the visa Grant?? After both?? We have had an assessment done, and have received quotes which we are waiting to sign against. Just not sure if we should book a provisional date, as we dont have the visa, or a confirmed house sale??

Nail biteing times these......!

Anyway, best of luck everyone! Hope people start getting news today!

Rgds,
Kenny and Wendy.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by kkwall36
Hi,

I am worried that we will get our visa, but will struggle to get flights, or will have to pay an arm and a leg for them.

I used to fly a lot of business miles, so have enough for a free flight to oz with Emirates, so need to use them for booking my tickets.

Also, when is the best time to book the house contents to go?? After the house sale? After the visa Grant?? After both?? We have had an assessment done, and have received quotes which we are waiting to sign against. Just not sure if we should book a provisional date, as we dont have the visa, or a confirmed house sale??

Rgds,
Kenny and Wendy.
Hi kenney and wendy,
we are waiting to find out the status of our meds only found out we had C/O on 23rd!! Im waiting for an email from my agent with this information at the moment.
Weve not booked flights yet we are going to do that once get request for bond money apparently once they ask for that they are happy with everything else.
We have had a quote for the bit of stuff we are taking and have decided as soon as we are asked for bond money we will get them to collect. Its supposed to take 6 weeks but frequently i hear of it taking more like 8-12wks!!
we are also going to give our notices in then and book flights.
the beginning of nov at the moment seem quite reasonable with singapore airlines but again the closer it gets the fewer and more costly they become.
Its all so confusing
Good luck
Teryna
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kkwall36
Hi,

Rgds,
Kenny and Wendy.
Hi! we also have booked flights and accomodation in singapore for 5 nights as the flights we wanted were all booked, and i panicked a bit!!we are going 7th jan, balance to pay 25th oct so really need visa before then!!
Meds should have arrived there 17th july but like everyone else... they cant tell us if this is the case! So worried they are lost as this seems to have happened to a few people.our doctor would only use royal mail even though we said we wanted DHL and were worried!!
Ho hum! Tracey.xx
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

rosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nice

Hi Guys

Another new day and still no visa for us, I was really hoping we would get it today but hey ho someone else though differently.

We have just had a great w/e celebrating my 40th birthday with friends and family and being allocated a visa would have been the icing on the cake.

I am one of those people who don't drink very often and when we go out I am always the duty driver, well that all changed this w/e. The party was in our garden, the kids were at a sleepover so I decided to enjoy myself and boy did I. I have only had a hangover once before in my life and I forgot how bad it was........ (Not a bad claim to fame for being 40) got to bed at 2:30 in the morning and tried to get up at 7:00 (bad idea) I must have knocked into every door in the house on my way to the kitchen. Bending down was near impossible as I though my head was going to fall of. I though I was dying.......... So no more Southern Comfort or Champagne for me.......

(I am blaming it on the bubbles in the Champagne, they did it).

My only question is how can people put themselves through this every w/e? Because I sure as hell couldn't.

Anyway guys I am going to enjoy the rest of the day, oh taking me out for a meal tonight.

Hope we all get to hear some good news this week.

Lesley-ann
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lesley,
Im glad to hear you had a good ?? weekend, i too went out sat night and i too dont drink that often. We went out at 9pm got home 1.30am and like you was feeling very 'fragile' all day yesterday. I felt like i had just got a fairground ride for most of the day
we went to a wales immigration meet too yesterday and i only began feeling better around 6pm and was then ready for bed at 8pm. i dont know how the youngsters do it now a days!!
At least in oz you can get half stenght drinks

hope you have a lovely evening out with OH and welcome to the 40's club

Cheers
Teryna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.