Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Have you decided where in Perth u want to live? What about others heading to Perth where do you all rate? I've no idea just that I like the climate and lifestyle of Perth. Like Butler (close to beaches), but maybe too far if work is in Perth itself. Rockingham looks ok also.
We are going to Mandurah....looking at settling Halls Head area, went over there last year for a reccie and really liked it...Rockingham also looked very nice!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mottie
We are going to Mandurah....looking at settling Halls Head area, went over there last year for a reccie and really liked it...Rockingham also looked very nice!
we've looked mandurah. my neighbours rave about it, say it has lots of canals. Was looking at housing there but it's 89km from perth, oh is an IT person - not sure where the jobs will be for him!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:38 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by silverfrank
hi,

im a silver sixty newbee.just testing backlater. (carolinemaris's dad)

Silverfrank
Hi Frank

Ask her does she know of any house due to sell in Culcheth in the next few weeks, does caroline currently live in one?
Or Billinge....................

we've looked mandurah. my neighbours rave about it, say it has lots of canals. Was looking at housing there but it's 89km from perth, oh is an IT person - not sure where the jobs will be for him!
We're hoping to go to Port Kennedy.............OH is in IT as well
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

The canals are lovely....and the houses on the canals are just beautiful...how the other half live!!!
We stayed in Perth City itself and drove out to Mandurah it did seem quite a long way although I think we did go the long way round....map reading and me just dont get on!!! they have got a rail link now from Mandurah to Perth, so that must make it easier.

We also went north of the city and liked it there too...travelled to Brighton (I think!) and that was nice...we visited so many suburbs I can't remember all of them..... we also got lost a lot!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

I've never been to oz, so can only pick up info from internet, mags, books and what I read on expats. As the money we will be taking seems to be diminishing (house market), I'm getting worried as to what will be affordable. Don't want a big house and mortgage to match, but don't want to leave my house for something too inferior. (my kids/dog take up a LOT of space!!)

Mary, you and I have a lot in common. Suspect we were born in the same year, from the same area (before i moved), kids same age and oh in IT. I'm going to look up port kennedy.

Caroline (silverfrank is struggling to workout the keyboard on his pc - bless)
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

OMG just watching sky sports 3, beach cricket in perth!!! WANT TO GO NOW!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:22 am

I've never been to oz, so can only pick up info from internet, mags, books and what I read on expats. As the money we will be taking seems to be diminishing (house market), I'm getting worried as to what will be affordable. Don't want a big house and mortgage to match, but don't want to leave my house for something too inferior. (my kids/dog take up a LOT of space!!)

Mary, you and I have a lot in common. Suspect we were born in the same year, from the same area (before i moved), kids same age and oh in IT. I'm going to look up port kennedy.

Caroline (silverfrank is struggling to workout the keyboard on his pc - bless)

A friend i went to school with settled in Port Kennedy about 3 years ago, absolutely loves it, hopefully we will as well.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mary1967

A friend i went to school with settled in Port Kennedy about 3 years ago, absolutely loves it, hopefully we will as well.
Just had a look, it's in between Mandurah (Motties destination) and Rockingham (our choice at the moment). Can't find much property for sale in port kennedy - is it expensive?

Caroline
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mottie
Originally Posted by mary1967
Hi Frank

Or Billinge....................

We're hoping to go to Port Kennedy.............OH is in IT as well

hi guys,

i know i'm a julyee, hope you dont mind me butting in too often .
i'm also another one going to perth, probably around the mandurah area too: ie, meadow springs, madora bay, san remo, lakelands, and poss a bit lower down too

look forward to seeing you all WHEN we eventually get there, house sale prevailing!!!!

lisa
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lolylew
hi guys,

i'm also another one going to perth, probably around the mandurah area too: ie, meadow springs, madora bay, san remo, lakelands, and poss a bit lower down too

look forward to seeing you all WHEN we eventually get there, house sale prevailing!!!!

lisa
Hi lisa, you're very welcome to join us. I'm watching perth on telly at the moment (beach cricket sky sports 3). They are on Scarborough beach. Can't wait to go, just wish I could get the chance to do a reccie first. Worried about location and distance oh will need to go to work. He works from home and whilst he's under my feet, it's nice to know he'll never be late for tea!!!

Caroline
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Ozbound08 has a spectacular aura aboutOzbound08 has a spectacular aura aboutOzbound08 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys just read all your lovely replies from my message about booking flights etc! some of you wanted to know where we are heading to in Perth, well initially we think Forrestfield near Kalamunda, Hills area, only because my cousin lives in Kalamunda, so would be good to be near family, and she has possibly arranged or is arranging a house for us to rent, from a friend of hers! we have never been to Forrestfield so we hope it is ok! we still can't decide whether we will buy in that area or move to the Northern suburbs???? I did like Kalamunda a lot when we were out there in 1999. So I guess we shall wait and see!!! would love to keep in touch with anybody moving to perth, as we will instance hermits with no mates!!! how wierd leaving everybody you know behind on the other side of the world!!!! help, getting very nervous!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Hi lisa, you're very welcome to join us. I'm watching perth on telly at the moment (beach cricket sky sports 3). They are on Scarborough beach. Can't wait to go, just wish I could get the chance to do a reccie first. Worried about location and distance oh will need to go to work. He works from home and whilst he's under my feet, it's nice to know he'll never be late for tea!!!

Caroline

thanks caroline, cant watch it unforunately, as i am one of the luckiest girls as my OH isnt fussed about sports so we dont have it .
even luckier he doesnt know how to work the sky+ remote, so its all mine
even luckier still, i'm not the best cook so he does the tea while i watch the TV

if we cant sell the house we may have to do a reccie first to validate our visas. we need to have validated by 25th oct, so if we dont sell in the next few months i think we'll have to book a 2 way trip

i bet there will be quite a few of us in the same position soon . just been reading through june, july & august threads and it all seems the same

good luck to everyone for (full acks if theres anyone left waiting), c/o's, visa grants & house sales

lisa
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:18 am

Just had a look, it's in between Mandurah (Motties destination) and Rockingham (our choice at the moment). Can't find much property for sale in port kennedy - is it expensive?

Caroline
It's average i would say - not dead expensive but not cheap either. My friend was saying that prices are starting to fall and there's a few bargains to be had If only we could sell this blasted house:curse: and get the visa of course

hi guys,

lisa
See you in Perth

Originally Posted by Ozbound08
Hi Guys just read all your lovely replies from my message about booking flights etc! some of you wanted to know where we are heading to in Perth, well initially we think Forrestfield near Kalamunda, Hills area, only because my cousin lives in Kalamunda, so would be good to be near family, and she has possibly arranged or is arranging a house for us to rent, from a friend of hers! we have never been to Forrestfield so we hope it is ok! we still can't decide whether we will buy in that area or move to the Northern suburbs???? I did like Kalamunda a lot when we were out there in 1999. So I guess we shall wait and see!!! would love to keep in touch with anybody moving to perth, as we will instance hermits with no mates!!! how wierd leaving everybody you know behind on the other side of the world!!!! help, getting very nervous
Good luck to you both.

thanks caroline, cant watch it unforunately, as i am one of the luckiest girls as my OH isnt fussed about sports so we dont have it

if we cant sell the house we may have to do a reccie first to validate our visas. we need to have validated by 25th oct, so if we dont sell in the next few months i think we'll have to book a 2 way trip
i bet there will be quite a few of us in the same position soon just been reading through june, july & august threads and it all seems the same

lisa
Think we may be the same unless i can persuade OH to rent it out
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Hi Guys,

To all of you heading to Perth, we are hoping (god willing we get our visa) to head towards Safety Bay and surrounding areas of Rockingham we loved it when we were over there 3 years ago.

I remember distinctly sitting on the jetty with Paul and the kids fishing for puffer fish and watching a little penguin swimming in the sea way off course from the island where they inhabit of wonderful memories and there is a fab family run ice cream place there that do ice cream to die for, but never forget Kallis Fish Bar in Freemantle you will never taste anything better in the world you can sit out side tucking in to your Majestic Snapper & chips watching the dolphins swimming in the harbour (Oh Bliss). Just to say the day we came home from our trip over I cried as I never wanted to leave there and thats the first time ever that I haven't wanted to come home. So those of you going and already got visas and those of us waiting and hopefully getting what lucky bastards we will be to have the opportunity to live there.

Just a taster for you!!

Love you Loads Claire x
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hi Guys,

To all of you heading to Perth, we are hoping (god willing we get our visa) to head towards Safety Bay and surrounding areas of Rockingham we loved it when we were over there 3 years ago.

I remember distinctly sitting on the jetty with Paul and the kids fishing for puffer fish and watching a little penguin swimming in the sea way off course from the island where they inhabit of wonderful memories and there is a fab family run ice cream place there that do ice cream to die for, but never forget Kallis Fish Bar in Freemantle you will never taste anything better in the world you can sit out side tucking in to your Majestic Snapper & chips watching the dolphins swimming in the harbour (Oh Bliss). Just to say the day we came home from our trip over I cried as I never wanted to leave there and thats the first time ever that I haven't wanted to come home. So those of you going and already got visas and those of us waiting and hopefully getting what lucky bastards we will be to have the opportunity to live there.

Just a taster for you!!

Love you Loads Claire x
Wow Claire, thats really yet my appetite. Just decided to go to EA in morning and drop house £15k.

Mary if thats true and houses are starting to drop over there, then it doesn't leave us with such a bad taste if we are having to drop ours in the uk.

Good luck everyone for tomorrow.

Caroline(night dad if your viewing) x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.