Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 8th 2014, 6:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by dino5541
i qucik Question approx how many months they are now a days taking to complete a spousal applicantion.
That didn't make a lot of sense! But if you're asking about timescales, the same answer you had last time still stands, you can check processing times on that link again - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...postcount=2263 When did you apply?

For future questions, it would be worth stating that you are in Pakistan (or put your location in your profile), as most on this thread are applying via London so their answers may not necessarily apply to you.

HTH, good luck.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point

COPR received this morning!!!!!

I can't express how happy I am. I really hope all those that went into process on Monday also get their COPRs today!

Thank you to each and everyone of you who have supported me through this process, this forum has made the whole process much easier.

I wish you all the very best of luck!
Old Apr 9th 2014, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Just to add ECAS still says In Process.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations again over here appt! :-)

As for the other question above regarding processing time...

Here are my own thoughts:

The spreadsheet says 5.89 months average time but I feel like this is significantly lower due to the 10 or so applications that were processed at ridiculously fast speeds (1-3 months).

If you exclude those applications, I think the average time for most applications seems to be around 200 to 230ish days. Which is more likely 7-8 months
Old Apr 9th 2014, 1:47 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becki567
Congratulations again over here appt! :-)

As for the other question above regarding processing time...

Here are my own thoughts:

The spreadsheet says 5.89 months average time but I feel like this is significantly lower due to the 10 or so applications that were processed at ridiculously fast speeds (1-3 months).

If you exclude those applications, I think the average time for most applications seems to be around 200 to 230ish days. Which is more likely 7-8 months
If you go to the first chart at the bottom of the spreadsheet, it gives the breakdown... Of the 83 applications that have been completed, 48 were processed between 6.25 and 8 months.

So yes, there are some shorter ones throwing off the average, but there are also some longer ones bringing it up. 27 applications (of 83) were processed in less than 6.25 months, which is not an insignificant number. Only 8 took longer than 8 months.

The detailed charts below are there for a reason.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
If you go to the first chart at the bottom of the spreadsheet, it gives the breakdown... Of the 83 applications that have been completed, 48 were processed between 6.25 and 8 months.

So yes, there are some shorter ones throwing off the average, but there are also some longer ones bringing it up. 27 applications (of 83) were processed in less than 6.25 months, which is not an insignificant number. Only 8 took longer than 8 months.

The detailed charts below are there for a reason.
Bahahaha who knew! :-) silly becki
Old Apr 9th 2014, 2:50 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Bahahaha who knew! :-) silly becki
I am a total spreadsheet nerd. Don't worry about it. :P I live for this stuff.

(You should have seen the spreadsheets that were in use leading up to our wedding... and we are currently house-hunting, so many charts and graphs... I love it. )
Old Apr 9th 2014, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

(You should have seen the spreadsheets that were in use leading up to our wedding... and we are currently house-hunting, so many charts and graphs... I love it. )
Well that's awesome! Im not that talented. How come sometimes when I enter the date it shows up right and other times it still shows the year?

When it does that, I copy and paste from another cell and then adjust date. But never can figure out why it does that sometimes. Do you know why?
Old Apr 9th 2014, 4:37 am
Concierge

Well that's awesome! Im not that talented. How come sometimes when I enter the date it shows up right and other times it still shows the year?

When it does that, I copy and paste from another cell and then adjust date. But never can figure out why it does that sometimes. Do you know why?
Yeah - I worked that one out. When the spreadsheet was created in 2010, it was imported from an Excel file, and Excel supports the date format "dd-mmm". As the spreadsheet grew, the sheet was duplicated, evolved, etc.

Google Spreadsheets, while it does recognise the format "dd-mmm", it doesn't natively support it - i.e., you can't SET that format. So the only way to get that format is to copy it from a cell that already has it. SUPER ANNOYING.

I made a [feeble] attempt to fix it in the 2014 sheet - and I think it's worked. As you add new lines in the 2014 sheet the date format should have been pre-set (hence the two blank lines at the bottom which was the only way I could work out how to do it and keep it when adding new lines)... so it should cooperate in 2014.

For 2013 I do the same as you - copy-paste, then change.

Ah, spreadsheet fun!!

/nerd
Old Apr 9th 2014, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Living in Oakville does that to people
Old Apr 9th 2014, 4:51 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Living in Oakville does that to people
Oakville real estate is making me bonkers. Though our estate agent has now started asking for updated copies of my spreadsheet because she loves them...
Old Apr 9th 2014, 5:57 am
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats apt2208

Hopefully I'll see some movement soon, I'm not too worried even though my IEC runs out next week. Though it'd be nice to have it before my parents come in May.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by apt2208

I can't express how happy I am. I really hope all those that went into process on Monday also get their COPRs today!

Thank you to each and everyone of you who have supported me through this process, this forum has made the whole process much easier.

Well that was a quick process/delivery haha. Congrats.. Hopefully the rest of Sept. applicants will be having a delivery this week too.

Come onnn October!
Old Apr 9th 2014, 6:27 am
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by apt2208

Oh WOW!!! So happy for you!!! And now super excited and crossing fingers for us as well.

Congrats!!!
Old Apr 9th 2014, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AnneMarieC
Oh WOW!!! So happy for you!!! And now super excited and crossing fingers for us as well.

Congrats!!!
Thank you!!

Fingers crossed for all waiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.