Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by johnatron3000
Hi guys, I checked my progress this morning and my wife's status has been changed to 'In Process' as of April 2nd. So happy! Not long now (hopefully)!
Congrats, looks like a mass update for September applicants!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Queen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kyoto23
Hi all,

Firstly a massive thanks to everyone involved in this thread. It's a fantastic resource and a huge help.

I have a few questions that might seem a little basic, but to be honest, I'm completely overwhelmed by the mass of information. These applications were meant to be super straight forward...

*Medical examination - For some strange reason I was under the impression I did not need a medical examination? We are applying outland via London, but I've been living in Canada for the past year. Do I 100% need to have a medical exam before submitting my application? And if so, am I able to get one in Canada if I'm applying outland? I'm moving back to the UK in 2 weeks.

*Police Report - Am I required to submit a Canadian police report as well as a UK one? I've lived in Canada, on and off, for almost 2 years.

*Submission - Does my husband submit his sponsor application to thunder bay separately, or do we submit everything together and then they forward my application to London?

Hope someone can help. And again, apologies if these questions are totally basic. If anyone has a link to the definitive step-by-step guide I should be following for out land sponsor application, please post. I feel like I'm reading so many differing instructions.

Hi Kyoto23, I know christmasoompa answered your questions already, but I just wanted to give my thoughts on the police certificate, as that became a delay for us.

My Brit husband spent a bit of time in Hong Kong on and off, but never for more than 6 months, so we didn't submit a police cert. However, his parents live there currently, and we had listed it as his contact address (cause he didn't have a permanent one at the time), and explained in a letter that he was only staying there for small amounts of time in between visiting me in Canada. They asked for a police cert anyway, just as we went into process in mid-Feb. We're still waiting for a decision to be made.

If you spent quite a bit of time in Canada and have strong connections there (which I assume you do if you're being sponsored), you might want to consider the possibility that they will ask for a police cert. Getting one is probably not too much hassle, but waiting close to 2 months for your in process to become a DM is pretty frustrating!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:26 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, I checked my progress this morning and my wife's status has been changed to 'In Process' as of April 2nd. So happy! Not long now (hopefully)!
April 2nd was a busy day for CIC it would seem!! Updated. Thanks!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:28 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

This time of year should see an effort to get as many spousal cases finalized as possible before summer slowdowns and other priorities.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 3:06 am
Just Joined

k7n6m84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Me too!!!!! In process as of March 31st
Old Apr 7th 2014, 3:19 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k7n6m84
Me too!!!!! In process as of March 31st
Definitely a flurry!! Updated.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Such an awesome feeling eh!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lots of happy peeeps today! Congrats everyone
Old Apr 7th 2014, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

hopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of light

Oh my gosh - I cannot tell you guys how much it has brightened my Monday morning to see that they have started processing September applications. I'm an October applicant so I still have some waiting time to go...but seeing any kind of progress is so great!

My 2nd year IEC visa expires at the end of May (currently working full time and I love my job) so I'm definitely feeling for all those members who are anxiously waiting for the COPR letter before they have to stop working & extend their stay as a visitor (especially Becki567 - I will be crossing all of my fingers and toes that your hubby's comes through in time!!)

Thank you everyone for keeping us updated! Let's hope these applications get processed nice and quickly now!! Haha
Old Apr 7th 2014, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hopeintoronto
Oh my gosh - I cannot tell you guys how much it has brightened my Monday morning to see that they have started processing September applications. I'm an October applicant so I still have some waiting time to go...but seeing any kind of progress is so great!

My 2nd year IEC visa expires at the end of May (currently working full time and I love my job) so I'm definitely feeling for all those members who are anxiously waiting for the COPR letter before they have to stop working & extend their stay as a visitor (especially Becki567 - I will be crossing all of my fingers and toes that your hubby's comes through in time!!)

Thank you everyone for keeping us updated! Let's hope these applications get processed nice and quickly now!! Haha
Thank you!! We did send off for his visitor visa on March 20, so we should get that by next week.
We are headed to Disneyland on April 26 and I would be thrilled to have it by then so he can land on the airport at the way back. We live 7 hours from the border. But if not, we will just have a day trip down to the border when we get back.
It is very encouraging to see a lot of movement, and just knowing that officially something is happening now is making me so happy. I know it might not come before we leave but if not, it wont be long by the time we are back.
(PS really having a hard time focusing in class today. I just feel giddy!)
Old Apr 7th 2014, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Queen_E
If you spent quite a bit of time in Canada and have strong connections there (which I assume you do if you're being sponsored), you might want to consider the possibility that they will ask for a police cert. Getting one is probably not too much hassle, but waiting close to 2 months for your in process to become a DM is pretty frustrating!
Canadian police checks aren't required as CIC can access this information already no?

It's about time you September lot started getting your arses into gear, now get DM quickly and stop clogging up the system for the rest of us!!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by burks
Canadian police checks aren't required as CIC can access this information already no?

It's about time you September lot started getting your arses into gear, now get DM quickly and stop clogging up the system for the rest of us!!
On the GCMS notes we ordered I saw they did an RCMP check on my husband by themselves. But there has been the occasional person requested to get one. Not very many tho.

PS, I am more than happy to get my DM and get our of your way :-)
Old Apr 7th 2014, 6:22 am
Concierge

Usually CIC can do police/RCMP checks just fine.

They occasionally ask you to do it, usually if you share the same name and DOB as someone with a record. So then they'll have you do it as you have to provide fingerprints, so they know that it's a different person. (And some other circumstances - this is usually the most common.)
Old Apr 7th 2014, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becki567
PS, I am more than happy to get my DM and get our of your way :-)
That will be much appreciated!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 7:12 am
Just Joined

boaly100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its good to see that there has been a bit of movement on the Sep applicants, hopefully not much longer for us Oct guys. Only been in Canada for a week of a 6 week stay as visitor and already pulling my hair out not being able work . Although congrats on you guys that have gone into process this week, hope its not long for you guys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.