Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 7th 2014, 7:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Queen_E
If you spent quite a bit of time in Canada and have strong connections there (which I assume you do if you're being sponsored), you might want to consider the possibility that they will ask for a police cert. Getting one is probably not too much hassle, but waiting close to 2 months for your in process to become a DM is pretty frustrating!
As said above, CIC don't need a Canadian police cert because they do that check themselves - so my response was only specific to Canadian ones.

HTH.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:46 am
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

SO GLAD I came on here to have a nosy at the latest comments - saw that my fellow Sept applicants were seeing movement so excitedly checked mine with bated breath .... and YES ... Apr 3 In Process!!

Woot woot!!! Thank god for small mercies!!
Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

canuck81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to all those who have recently changed to "in-process". My application never went to in-process, only to "Decision Made". I just wanted to let you all know that it says on the CIC On-Line service "We started processing David's application on March 21, 2014", then we had his COPR by the 27th. So from the day they started processing our case to delivery was only 6 days. Keep an eye on the post peeps, it has to be signed for. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Queen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
As said above, CIC don't need a Canadian police cert because they do that check themselves - so my response was only specific to Canadian ones.

HTH.
Oh, I didn't know that they don't require it and just check themselves! That's a relief actually. My husband's been in Canada over 6 months now and I was beginning to worry they could ask for that too.

Glad to see September moving, but it would be great if they could just finish August off! Nearly two months in process, this is agonizing....
Old Apr 8th 2014, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

smithyutd is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anybody enlighten me as to what order things happen on ECAS? So, for example, my PR application is currently on 'Application Received' and then when I click on it I have 1) the date the application was received and 2) Medical results have been received. What should happen next?
Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:51 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

AnneMarieC - updated you on the spreadsheet!

Anyone waiting for updates - if I missed you, please post again, I think I got everyone but there's been a few lately so just covering bases!

Originally Posted by smithyutd
Can anybody enlighten me as to what order things happen on ECAS? So, for example, my PR application is currently on 'Application Received' and then when I click on it I have 1) the date the application was received and 2) Medical results have been received. What should happen next?
If ECAS operates as it should, which is not necessarily true:
1) Application Received
2) Medical Results Received
3) In Process
4) Decision Made

Again, that's if ECAS operates as it should. Canuck81 just posted that her ECAS never went to In Process, just to DM and then COPR at the door.

My husband had a call from CIC in early June 2012 verifying a few details from our application, and then was told "you will hear soon". ECAS never went to In Process, though it clearly was.

Three weeks later, he was asked to send copies of his passport. ECAS never went to In Process.

Two months later COPR arrived at the door. ECAS never went to In Process, nor to Decision Made.

Four days *after* COPR arrived, ECAS changed to Decision Made.

Basically, if ECAS changes, it's probably accurate... but if it has not changed, it may not actually be accurate. So don't put *too* much weight in what ECAS says unless there's a change.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Ginganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Schnookololy, please feel free to add me to the spreadsheet! All I have for useful dates so far is that they received application on Feb 20th.. still no word of processing or updates
Old Apr 8th 2014, 7:10 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginganinja
Hey Schnookololy, please feel free to add me to the spreadsheet! All I have for useful dates so far is that they received application on Feb 20th.. still no word of processing or updates
Cool, done. Married or Common-Law?
Old Apr 8th 2014, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

yaris6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

I thought I'd just let Ginganinja know that I submitted my application on 10th March. I got a received application email last friday and I got an approval letter for sponsorship today. I hope this might help you with CIC.

Mines a marriage application btw.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yaris6
Hey,

I thought I'd just let Ginganinja know that I submitted my application on 10th March. I got a received application email last friday and I got an approval letter for sponsorship today. I hope this might help you with CIC.

I have added you to the spreadsheet. Welcome
Old Apr 9th 2014, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnneMarieC
SO GLAD I came on here to have a nosy at the latest comments - saw that my fellow Sept applicants were seeing movement so excitedly checked mine with bated breath .... and YES ... Apr 3 In Process!!

Woot woot!!! Thank god for small mercies!!
Congratulations! So exciting isn't it?
Old Apr 9th 2014, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks becki.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 5:54 am
Just Joined

dino5541 is an unknown quantity at this point

i qucik Question approx how many months they are now a days taking to complete a spousal applicantion.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yaris6
Hey,

Hi Yaris, did you get a acknowledgment of your application before approved? just curious because mine arrived on the 18th but ive had no word back. hopefully it will be approved soon though!
Old Apr 9th 2014, 6:32 am
Just Joined

I got the confirmation email to confirm that they got my application last Friday. Just gave me my uci number and date it was recieved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.