Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 10th 2014, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Stewart84
IEC messed up your visa? so unlike them....
Bahahaha Oh that made me laugh
Old Apr 10th 2014, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RheBot
Well, it has officially been 9 months yesterday since our application was received.
I know the average time is 11 months, but it still gets quite discouraging when some peoples gets approved in no time at all. I thought it was a pretty cut and dry case for us, but who knows!!

We sent them an email and got the same response everyone seems to get back. Hopefully our recent case notes should arrive by next week and that will give us a little insight as to whats going on!

I'm hoping at the VERY least we will be in the 11 month average, I would hate for it to go on longer than that, and my husbands IEC expires at the end of June!! Eeek!
That would be very discouraging. I am so sorry Do you have any known red flags? Hopefully your notes will provide some answer.

Could be the background check holding things up, that is what happened with our application.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

RheBot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Becki567
That would be very discouraging. I am so sorry Do you have any known red flags? Hopefully your notes will provide some answer.

Could be the background check holding things up, that is what happened with our application.
Not to my knowledge!!

I have a feeling it must be something like that, we ordered our case-notes I think it was back in December? And it said "Security - No started. Criminality - In Progress" Everything else seemed fine, there was notes about our file/relationship and all that was good.

Did they end up requesting any additional information because your background check was held up? Or did it just add some time on to the entire process? It's just so frustrating not knowing what is happening, or why things are happening! I hate not having control over things like this!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Not to my knowledge!!

I have a feeling it must be something like that, we ordered our case-notes I think it was back in December? And it said "Security - No started. Criminality - In Progress" Everything else seemed fine, there was notes about our file/relationship and all that was good.

Did they end up requesting any additional information because your background check was held up? Or did it just add some time on to the entire process? It's just so frustrating not knowing what is happening, or why things are happening! I hate not having control over things like this!
We were having trouble getting my husband his drivers license renewed which is why we contacted an MP. In that process, he enquired on our status and was told it had been sent out to a 3rd party four months earlier for a background check. Because it was done by a third party they could not give an estimated time when it would be returned. 3 weeks later we went "in process" and now waiting for a decision.

They never did request any additonal information.

The not knowing is brutal and I honestly sympathize. Please let us know what you get from your notes when they arrive.

Fingers crossed for you
Old Apr 10th 2014, 5:51 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

RheBot - might not be a bad idea to pop your MP a message at this point and get them to inquire on your behalf. You're pretty well the longest outstanding at this point!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

We were having trouble getting my husband his drivers license renewed which is why we contacted an MP. In that process, he enquired on our status and was told it had been sent out to a 3rd party four months earlier for a background check. Because it was done by a third party they could not give an estimated time when it would be returned. 3 weeks later we went "in process" and now waiting for a decision.

They never did request any additonal information.

The not knowing is brutal and I honestly sympathize. Please let us know what you get from your notes when they arrive.

Fingers crossed for you

Thank you!! I appreciate it! It's funny in the beginning seeing everyone get approved so quick I was like "Oh yeah, we will get back from holidays and have a letter waiting for us when we get home!" How naive of me!

One week today and it will be a month since we applied for the case notes - so they are expected by next week. I will let you know as soon as we get them what they say!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
RheBot - might not be a bad idea to pop your MP a message at this point and get them to inquire on your behalf. You're pretty well the longest outstanding at this point!
Thank you!

Sorry silly question but how do you go about doing that? I keep reading people saying they have contacted a MP but I am not too sure how one goes about doing so!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 6:54 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure myself but I would guess your MP has a website and that the information is publicly available. Google it.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I'm not sure myself but I would guess your MP has a website and that the information is publicly available. Google it.
I will do that! Google comes in very handy,

Thank you all for your kind words/help!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you!

Sorry silly question but how do you go about doing that? I keep reading people saying they have contacted a MP but I am not too sure how one goes about doing so!
Use this website:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compi....aspx?Menu=HOC

Are either you or your spouse in Canada? You need to use a Canadian postal code to find which MP would help you
Old Apr 10th 2014, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Use this website:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compi....aspx?Menu=HOC

Are either you or your spouse in Canada? You need to use a Canadian postal code to find which MP would help you
Yes! Thank you so much, I appreciate it!
Old Apr 11th 2014, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Going Coastal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,
This site, and particularly this thread, have been incredibly helpful while I've been in the process of sponsoring my husband and I figure it's only fair to now add our details to the data:
Medical was done upfront. I missed including the RPRF
Application received in Mississauga 8 Oct 2013
Processing/Sponsor Approval 24 Oct 2013
Request for RPRF 25 Nov 2013 (paid online, sent receipt 27th. Only tracked as delivered 12 Dec)
In Processing update on ECAS 28 Feb 2014 (Suspiciously after sending a Case Specific Email on the 27th as it was still just saying the application and medicals were received on ECAS.)
Now we continue to wait.....
Thanks for providing the email address to contact CIC.
I'm a bit concerned about the age 18 versus last 10 years info to provide that's been mentioned on here. We only included the last 10 years as that's all that was asked for. Could that be what's holding things up?
Old Apr 11th 2014, 12:21 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Going Coastal
Hello All,
This site, and particularly this thread, have been incredibly helpful while I've been in the process of sponsoring my husband and I figure it's only fair to now add our details to the data:
Yayyyyyy spreadsheet data! Appreciate you adding your details - my favourite way to pay it forward!

Medical was done upfront. I missed including the RPRF
Application received in Mississauga 8 Oct 2013
Processing/Sponsor Approval 24 Oct 2013
Request for RPRF 25 Nov 2013 (paid online, sent receipt 27th. Only tracked as delivered 12 Dec)
In Processing update on ECAS 28 Feb 2014 (Suspiciously after sending a Case Specific Email on the 27th as it was still just saying the application and medicals were received on ECAS.)
Now we continue to wait.....
Thanks for providing the email address to contact CIC.
Added you - should all be up to date now!

I'm a bit concerned about the age 18 versus last 10 years info to provide that's been mentioned on here. We only included the last 10 years as that's all that was asked for. Could that be what's holding things up?
It's hard to say... MOST people have been asked to provide since age 18, despite what it says on the form - there's a sticky thread about it, apparently CIC hasn't changed the package, even though London has repeatedly asked for the information to be updated. It's frustrating, yes. However, not everyone has been asked to provide it. Most have, but not all.

This is just my personal opinion and I may be entirely wrong, but given that you had RPRF requested in November and you went In Process in February, I would have thought that if they were going to ask you for it that they would have already... but that's not to say that they won't still ask you...

I would suggest having it ready to go so that if you are asked you can send it off immediately, but not to stress about it.

Keep us updated!
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

k7n6m84 is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted awhile back about my husbands passport which expires in June of this year. I received an email today from London asking to scan and email the renewed passport to them as a matter of urgency as his application for PR has been finalised and they are proceeding towards COPR. Hurray!
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:22 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by k7n6m84
I posted awhile back about my husbands passport which expires in June of this year. I received an email today from London asking to scan and email the renewed passport to them as a matter of urgency as his application for PR has been finalised and they are proceeding towards COPR. Hurray!
Excellent that's good news! IF they are asking for his passport then you have pretty well been approved, so I am updating you on the spreadsheet - a PPR is pretty well the same as DM! (basically a decision has been made and will be issued pending the new passport.) YAY YOU!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.